Hoops - NBA/Basketball Talk

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The refs were awful in the Kentucky game too but it went both ways and pretty much evened itself out. There was nothing even about last night, the refs routinely called blocking fouls on textbook charges, and Ray Charles could've seen Winslow's whole right foot on the baseline on an and-one, and Ray Charles could've seen the ball clearly off Winslow's fingertips.

In all my years of watching basketball it was one of the worst I've seen. Not anywhere near as bad as Kings-Lakers 2002 but off the top of my head I can't think of another game this one sided. That said if UW played half decent it wouldn't have mattered.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Drose should be back this week. Noah considers himself and the Bulls as a top rivals against LBJ(Cavs, Heat and Cavs again) but history has shown this is a total mismatch. Noah doesn't have the NBA talent to talk smack at LBJ, IMO. The only chance the Bulls have is to have a healthy front court and a backcourt that can play defense. I hope that the Bulls can beat the Cavs because I rather watch Ferrer play a clay court match than to see LBJ in the NBA finals again.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It will be an interesting NBA playoffs. Lebron is playing the worst bball of his career aside from his rookie season. Due to that it is possible the Hawks or Bulls could knock the Cavs off. Can't really see anyone else doing it and I give the Bulls only a small chance since they won't have HCA. I am hoping the Bulls fall to the 4th seed so the Bucks can play Toronto. The Raps have played poor the 2nd half of the year so that gives Milwaukee a good chance to be competitive though I'd think they have only a small chance to win the series.

In the West it is Golden State, San Antonio and maybe Memphis if they get their act together for the playoffs.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Bad timing for the Hawks playoff run:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hawks-thabo-sefolosha-hurt-arrest-miss-playoffs-224441526--nba.html

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Heehee. Poor guy. You know he's going to end up on Shaqtin A Fool: :laydownlaughing

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/8/8373767/knicks-player-perfects-tanking-by-scoring-on-wrong-basket

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hawks-thabo-sefolosha-hurt-arrest-miss-playoffs-224441526--nba.html

Fractured leg, ligament damage while avoiding arrest for disorderly conduct...someone must have gone on quite the bender :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:

Fractured leg, ligament damage while avoiding arrest for disorderly conduct...someone must have gone on quite the bender :snicker

That fool probably cost himself about 10-15 million over the next 5 years , he may be out of the league now

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sounds like a minor brush up with the law, but we will see how bad the injury is.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I wonder if the Raps and Bulls will play the "positioning" game, to avoid Bron in the second round. Number three will get the Bucks and then Bron. Number 4 will get Washington and Atlanta. Of course this is assuming they will go past the first round, which is not a given by any means.

Raps playing Miami right now in Miami, who are fighting for their play-off lives, and leading them 88-84 in the fourth. Bulls playing Philly at home, leading 70-66 in the third.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I wonder if the Raps and Bulls will play the "positioning" game, to avoid Bron in the second round. Number three will get the Bucks and then Bron. Number 4 will get Washington and Atlanta. Of course this is assuming they will go past the first round, which is not a given by any means.

Raps playing Miami right now in Miami, who are fighting for their play-off lives, and leading them 88-84 in the fourth. Bulls playing Philly at home, leading 70-66 in the third.

I am hoping da Bulls secure the 3 rd spot . I think if the Bulls starters (line up )can play about 10 straight games , it's the type of synergy they need to even have an opportunity to win 2 or 3 games vs LBJ. They just don't have any answers for that Beast

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Drose looks good last night and his quickness is almost as good as it was before. Just give the young Jedi time, give him time to find his way

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Pacers get their 5th. win in a row, beating OKC, still trying for the post season. Pacers are tied with Nets but Nets have the TB against them. Bucks are in, having beaten the Nets today.

Westbrooks technical foul today is huge. He is supposed to miss the next game now and they are fighting for their play-off life.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Pacers get their 5th. win in a row, beating OKC, still trying for the post season. Pacers are tied with Nets but Nets have the TB against them. Bucks are in, having beaten the Nets today.

Westbrooks technical foul today is huge. He is supposed to miss the next game now and they are fighting for their play-off life.

Westbrook is one of the most exciting player to watch in today's game. The technical foul will be rescinded. Too bad it may too late for OKC to secure the 8th seed but all props to Russell, he is the NBA 2nd half of the season MVP. Step and Harden should be co MVPs for this entire year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kind of a shame that OKC probably won't make the playoffs. Would've been exciting to see GS-OKC even though the result wouldn't be in doubt with KD out. As for MVP, it is all Curry. Houston needed the 2 or 3 seed at the very least to give Harden a shot.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Well, it all comes down to this: OKC has to win the last game, at Minnesota, and Pelicans have to lose to Spurs at home. Both possible but Pop likes to rest certain players for games like this, so , who knows.

I have to say this though, Kanter is a player. He is a presence inside, and he can shoot the ball. If OKC finds a meaningful way of incorporating him to the teams offense , like he is doing in the absence of KD, that team will play for the title next year. Those three can get it done. I hope the coaching staff can see that.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ San Antonio has a lot on the line. Currently in 2nd place they could fall to 5th or 6th if they lose. No way Pop will rest them and I'd be shocked in New Orleans wins that game. It will be OKC after all.

3rd seed is still up for grabs in the East. Bucks locked in the #6 seed and will play the Raps or Bulls. I'm hoping it's the former. Milwaukee won't make it too competitive vs. a healthy Bulls squad. I think they'd at least make Toronto work for it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ San Antonio has a lot on the line. Currently in 2nd place they could fall to 5th or 6th if they lose. No way Pop will rest them and I'd be shocked in New Orleans wins that game. It will be OKC after all.

3rd seed is still up for grabs in the East. Bucks locked in the #6 seed and will play the Raps or Bulls. I'm hoping it's the former. Milwaukee won't make it too competitive vs. a healthy Bulls squad. I think they'd at least make Toronto work for it.

The Celtics defeated the Raptors tonight

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Once I made 23 free throws in a row during practice in High school, I thought it was a big deal. Check this out!

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2015/04/15/stephen-curry-made-77-consecutive-3-pointers/?iref:nba:story_page:trending

The guy is a freak!