Hoops - NBA/Basketball Talk

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ibaka out for 4-6 weeks. OKC's luck has been a joke this season.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
...Annnnnd Enes Kanter rolls his ankle and is forced off. Was limping heavily after the game. Brooks said it doesn't look great. This is a joke.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
^If not for bad luck, they would have no luck...

Durant's foot has gotten worse, per Scott Brooks. He participated in less practice this week than he did last week.

PS: For all of Westbrook's explosion, and the BS about him being the best player on the team, bla bla bla... All I'll say is this: Check out OKC's record this season in games in which he played and Durant didn't. Also, check out how many of their teams came against playoff teams (Spoiler: very few). By comparison, check out OKC's record last season when Westbrook went down and Durant carried them.

I don't want to hear this nonsense anymore. OKC needs both of them (as evidenced by what happened when Westbrook went down in the 2013 playoffs, and what is happening this season without Durant), but it's clear who the best player on the team is.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kevin Durant "removed from all basketball activities." "Moving in that direction" says Sam Presti when asked whether they'll shut him down for the rest of the season.

No words. Never seen anything like this.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Jones fracture can be really tough to recover from. At this point it seems to be the best move to let him heal. I have wondered if they may have brought him back too soon this year.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The Jones fracture can be really tough to recover from. At this point it seems to be the best move to let him heal. I have wondered if they may have brought him back too soon this year.

Yeah, I think they may have panicked a bit earlier in the season about potentially missing the playoffs and he was brought back too soon.

Regardless, that was some performance by OKC against the Hawks. Props to Waiters, who has stunk up the joint since being traded in, who had the best game of his life, and Anthony Morrow, who's been shooting the ball lights out, for stepping up and helping Russ, who's been carrying this team on his back.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I usually wouldn't bother commenting on something like this since it would usually be insignificant, but since it's just hilarious at this point: Nick Collison rolled his ankle. Will miss some time. I swear OKC will finish the season with 3 available players at this rate.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bucks have really fallen apart which is unfortunate. They might not make the playoffs now and they wouldn't get a good pick even if they miss them so I'm hoping they can hold onto at least the 8th spot.

I think it's a mixture of the trade and recent injuries to the bench. The Bucks' strengths this year have been their defense and a very good bench. Injuries to OJ Mayo and Dudley have hurt the bench and their defense is starting to crack a bit due to that and the other guys having to play longer. The Bucks offense overall was never good and they traded their best scorer in Knight, a move which I figured would hurt them this year but would be good for their future. Milwaukee is still 3.5 games ahead of Indy and Boston with 13 games left so their chances are good even if they only win 4-5 games. The problem is the way they're playing they might not get it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Steve Nash officially retired today. At age 41, he's been out all season w/ a back injury.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12531012/steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-announces-retirement

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
kskate2 said:
Steve Nash officially retired today. At age 41, he's been out all season w/ a back injury.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12531012/steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-announces-retirement

I was just reading the same story here:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/steve-nash-retirement/

Man I loved Nash...he was such fun to watch . I wish he had a ring or two on his fingers but that was not meant to be.

All the best to this amazing Canuck that defied the odds in many ways.:clap

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
1972Murat said:
kskate2 said:

Man I loved Nash...he was such fun to watch . I wish he had a ring or two on his fingers but that was not meant to be.

Maybe he'll get one as part of a coaching staff. I hope he stays around the game. He's smart and has so much knowledge of the game.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
kskate2 said:
1972Murat said:
kskate2 said:

Maybe he'll get one as part of a coaching staff. I hope he stays around the game. He's smart and has so much knowledge of the game.

He is currently the GM of the Canadian National Team and that team is looking to make some noise in a couple of years with guys like Wiggins, Bennet, Tyler Ennis, etc...But I can definitely see him coaching in the NBA. The way he operates though, he will not jump into it when he is not ready. He is a "homework" kind of guy.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nash is one of my favorite players of all time but he's been practically retired for a while anyway.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Yep, but today was the official retirement. Sad to see him not leave the game on his own terms. He was great. The most amazing stat he had was achieving the 50-40-90 combo 4 times! I mean, it has only been done 10 times and Nash had 4 of those! Just solid.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I watched OKC-Mavs yesterday, and even with all the stuff that is going on with OKC, health wise, they still have enough firepower to win games, except they just cannot defend. Defense is pretty much the only thing that is up to you. You chose to play it or not.

By the way , Kanter can do great things in this league. Inside, outside, he can play. Maybe not in this team, because when Durant comes back, his touches will diminish considerably. He is a high % guy though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bunch of bullshit that game was. The refs took over for Coach K and his crew with 10 minutes + to go. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in Bball.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Bunch of B.S. that game was. The refs took over for Coach K and his crew with 10 minutes + to go. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in Bball.

Go rewatch the Kentucky vs Wisconsin game. Caplapri and the refs screwed that game up bigtime..I have always felt that coach Cap wasn't in the class with Coach K and Izzo,, he is just a good recruiter like Bill Self