Hoops - NBA/Basketball Talk

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I was wrong about the Spurs winning last night. Big time win for New Orleans to beat the hottest team in the league to get in the playoffs. They won't win more than 1 game vs. GS but it is still a step in the right direction and it will be good to see AD in the playoffs.

For the Spurs, their road just got a lot tougher. Huge loss for them last night but I still think they'll get by the Clips. And if they do I think they definitely take out Houston and make the WCF against Golden State.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
So, playoffs start tomorrow.

Anyone see a surprise in the first round?

As far as seedings go, in the East, the only lower seed I can see prevailing is Washington against the Raps and I seriously hope that does not happen.

In the West, there are two lower seeds that I think will prevail. Spurs against Clippers, and Memphis against Portland.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
So, playoffs start tomorrow.

Anyone see a surprise in the first round?

As far as seedings go, in the East, the only lower seed I can see prevailing is Washington against the Raps and I seriously hope that does not happen.

In the West, there are two lower seeds that I think will prevail. Spurs against Clippers, and Memphis against Portland.

Pretty much how I see it too, though it wouldn't shock me if Dallas gives Houston serious problems and possibly wins that series. No surprised out East as Wiz-Raps is close to a tossup with slight edge to Toronto for HCA.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Bunch of B.S. that game was. The refs took over for Coach K and his crew with 10 minutes + to go. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in Bball.

Go rewatch the Kentucky vs Wisconsin game. Caplapri and the refs screwed that game up bigtime..I have always felt that coach Cap wasn't in the class with Coach K and Izzo,, he is just a good recruiter like Bill Self

That's right, AP. Calipari is frankly a coward in the NCAA Tournament. He holds his players back and doesn't let them play freely. Calipari - from a strategic perspective - would do best coaching an Ivy League school in the NCAA Tournament. That is the pace he wants his teams to play at, and that's why he just barely beat Cornell and Princeton when UK played them in the NCAA Tournament.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I haven't been here for a while, I'm just wondering if people are still hanging on to the stupid notion of OKC being Westbrook's team. There's only one real MVP.