General tennis news 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: General tennis news

Okay, but do you think she's the fit for Andy?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Kieran said:
Okay, but do you think she's the fit for Andy?

Outside of winning 2 majors like Andy did with Ivan Lendl, I don't know how you'd measure such a thing! I only know of a handful of men who have had women coaches; Gloria Connors starting Jimmy off many years ago! The only other I can think of was a Russian from 20 years ago, Andrei Cherkasov! I can't recall any other couplings that were similar in the top echelon anyway! :puzzled :angel: :dodgy:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I loved Amelie as a player and as a person but not as a coach. Sometimes a good player doesn't make a good coach

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

surprise murray has gone all in with mauresmo and dumped his long serving team. thought jez and danny v. had talked through murray not consulting them at all about mauresmo until the deal was complete. clearly tension remained.

murray's people skills have been sorely lacking in this episode, and his team clearly felt they deserved better than to be treated by murray as little more than hired helps after being with him for so many years.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Brad Gilbert on Twitter,

Murray and Adidas to split following mutual non-renewal of 5 year contract.New sponsor only just finalised,confirmed next week.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

John Wertheim on Twitter,

John Isner announced a new coaching agreement with Justin Gimelstob,for the full 2015 season.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

That's interesting. I don't know much about Gimelstob, we don't get his commentary here, so it's hard to gauge what he can offer, but a gut-feeling, back-of-the-envelope hunch tells me that this is ridiculous...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Kieran said:
That's interesting. I don't know much about Gimelstob, we don't get his commentary here, so it's hard to gauge what he can offer, but a gut-feeling, back-of-the-envelope hunch tells me that this is ridiculous...

Consider yourself very lucky you dont get Gimelstob and his commentary....:rolleyes:
Personally I am surprised at this new player/coach agreement.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

2 amazing American talents combine...the ATP better watch out :)

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:

Gimelstob is a brilliant tennis mind. Period. Any one who says other wise has seriously impaired judgement. He understands players strengths and weaknesses and what they need to do to maximize their results.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

fashionista said:
Kieran said:

Consider yourself very lucky you dont get Gimelstob and his commentary....:rolleyes:
Personally I am surprised at this new player/coach agreement.

That is nonsense.:-/

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:

Gimelstob is a brilliant tennis mind. Period. Any one who says other wise has seriously impaired judgement. He understands players strengths and weaknesses and what they need to do to maximize their results.

You reckon? Should make for an interesting pairing then...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/richard-gasquet-roger-federer-in-davis-cup-his-injury-wasnt-serious-articolo21566.html?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

federberg said:
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/richard-gasquet-roger-federer-in-davis-cup-his-injury-wasnt-serious-articolo21566.html?

Good for Gasquet for training with Rafa. Means he is taking the upcoming season seriously. I cannot say the same for Rafa though...:snigger

And I never had the feeling the French "gifted" the DC to the Swiss. I didn't get that part.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

1972Murat said:
And I never had the feeling the French "gifted" the DC to the Swiss. I didn't get that part.

I don't think they meant "gifting" as in, when Tsonga chickens out and your only option is Gasquet, it's a gift. I think they just meant it as in, "giving the DC to the Swiss..."

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

ATP reports Rafa is heading to Argentina in February, for the Argentinean Open.
Seems like the South American swing becomes a fixture in his calendar.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:

You reckon? Should make for an interesting pairing then...

Yes, it will. And anyone who thinks that Isner is not an intelligent individual and tennis players off the mark. He is incredibly aware of his limitations and weapons. I would not want to drag that 300 lb body around for any amount of money.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

1972Murat said:
federberg said:

Good for Gasquet for training with Rafa. Means he is taking the upcoming season seriously. I cannot say the same for Rafa though...:snigger

:clap Well done!

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
1972Murat said:

I don't think they meant "gifting" as in, when Tsonga chickens out and your only option is Gasquet, it's a gift. I think they just meant it as in, "giving the DC to the Swiss..."

It was fair...Switzerland allows multi millionaire French tennis players to keep tax havens...so a DC is a nice gift. :p

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

According to l'Equipe, La Monf could work with Jan de Witt (Simon's coach) along with Gilles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 852
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
MargaretMcAleer Pro Tennis (Mens) 612