Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
RE: General tennis news

herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I think Rainer Schuettler is a former player.

Schuettler is a former German player, who just retired 2 years ago at 36y. He was ranked as high as 5th in the world, runner-up at the AO.

That was a dead period in my attention span when it came to tennis! Between Sampras and Hingis retiring and Agassi, Serena, and Sharapova getting nauseating praise, I just wasn't paying any mind to the game; barely watching Justine win her Gold Olympic medal! Coincidently Federer's ascension to the top along with Hingis' return brought me back in '06!

tented

Administrator
Reactions

herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I think Rainer Schuettler is a former player.

Schuettler is a former German player, who just retired 2 years ago at 36y. He was ranked as high as 5th in the world, runner-up at the AO.

And lost to Nadal in the semis of the legendary '08 Wimbledon.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

^ Schuettler was a decent player on grass especially. Played a very good match against Nadal that day and had a great run to the semis of Queens in 2010 also. I remember watching his Queens matches that year and hoping he'd do better in Wimbledon but sadly he lost in the 2nd round.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

They're building the roof on Arthur Ashe stadium in Flushing Meadows. It'll be ready for 2016...

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

According to l'Equipe, Santoro is new Stakhovsky's coach

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions

^ wait. Fabrice, "the Magician", is coaching the guy who looks like Schmendrick the Magician?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Front242 said:
^ Schuettler was a decent player on grass especially. Played a very good match against Nadal that day and had a great run to the semis of Queens in 2010 also. I remember watching his Queens matches that year and hoping he'd do better in Wimbledon but sadly he lost in the 2nd round.

It's all about the matchup at times; no matter how talented! I didn't consider myself that good when I played, but serving well and relentlessly attacking the net beat better players than me! My best chance to upset someone was always on a faster court where I could press the issue at will! :angel: :dodgy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Simon Briggs-British journalist on Twitter,

Andy Murray has decided to go ahead without Dani Vallverdu,his close confidant for five years,and fitness trainer Jez Green.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

fashionista said:

Andy Murray has decided to go ahead without Dani Vallverdu,his close confidant for five years,and fitness trainer Jez Green.

I'll miss Dani in the stands! :cry :dodgy: :basiate

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

fashionista said:

This is probably a fallout caused by the woman.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

GameSetAndMath said:
fashionista said:

But they're sisters aren't they; Dani and Amelie? No offense! :angel: :dodgy: I love 'em both! Shame it didn't work out!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
fashionista said:

Exactly. And it's entrenched her more in his camp, and compounded his error in appointing her in the first place. But at least now it'll be clear that it's all her work. Good luck to him... :cover

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com

Andy and Kim are reportedly engaged:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/andy-murray-wed-girlfriend-kim-sears-27205748

Andy Murray is to marry long-time girlfriend Kim Sears.

The former Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion's management company confirmed the engagement.

Earlier Wednesday, the 27-year-old Scot announced further changes to his professional support team by splitting with assistant coach Dani Vallverdu and fitness trainer Jez Green.

Murray hired Amelie Mauresmo as his coach in June, three months after parting ways with Ivan Lendl.

Mauresmo's position has been under scrutiny in Britain after Murray was eliminated from Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in the quarterfinals this year, then lost 6-0, 6-1 to Roger Federer in the ATP Finals in London.

Vallverdu has been a close friend of Murray's for more than a decade since meeting at an academy in Spain.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

^ Well, there you go. GSM's 2014 predictions are now even better. Good stuff, GSM.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

TennisFanatic7 said:
Andy and Kim are reportedly engaged:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/andy-murray-wed-girlfriend-kim-sears-27205748

Andy Murray is to marry long-time girlfriend Kim Sears.

The former Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion's management company confirmed the engagement.

Earlier Wednesday, the 27-year-old Scot announced further changes to his professional support team by splitting with assistant coach Dani Vallverdu and fitness trainer Jez Green.

Murray hired Amelie Mauresmo as his coach in June, three months after parting ways with Ivan Lendl.

Mauresmo's position has been under scrutiny in Britain after Murray was eliminated from Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in the quarterfinals this year, then lost 6-0, 6-1 to Roger Federer in the ATP Finals in London.

Vallverdu has been a close friend of Murray's for more than a decade since meeting at an academy in Spain.

This is good news, bad news combo. I am glad that Andy is getting engaged.

However, it is really sad that he is ditching partnerships that lasted ten years presumably due to his new found coach who does not seem to be making him achieve anything.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Congratulations GSM on your predications for 2014
Can you please post me the winning lotto numbers
Thanks in advance

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Andy should have fired Mauresmo who's a very bad coach IMO...congrats for his engagement nevertheless

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

isabelle said:
Andy should have fired Mauresmo who's a very bad coach IMO...congrats for his engagement nevertheless

I don't understand the comment! Because Andy's not doing well, Amelie is responsible? Did you give her credit for those couple tourney wins last month which helped to qualify Murray for the WTf? I DOUBT IT! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Hey Fiero, I thought you weren't a fan of Amelie?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Kieran said:
Hey Fiero, I thought you weren't a fan of Amelie?

Not me! Been a fan going back to her Aussie final loss to my fave of that era, Martina Hingis in '99! I love her game, that one-handed backhand, she humble, and for obvious reasons we're "family!" :angel: :dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 852
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
MargaretMcAleer Pro Tennis (Mens) 612