General tennis news 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
RE: General tennis news

Kieran said:
That's interesting. I don't know much about Gimelstob, we don't get his commentary here, so it's hard to gauge what he can offer, but a gut-feeling, back-of-the-envelope hunch tells me that this is ridiculous...

I can't speak for his tennis talent and ability to coach, but he's sorely lacking as a commentator. I just don't like when he's in the booth, although I must admit he's gotten better since he first retired. That being said, coaching and commentary don't have that much to do w/ each other. Some former players make great commentators.

I think Justin can bring some variety to John's game, help him build points. We all know he's missing that and the ability to break on ROS. If Gimelstop can add just one thing to his game, I say it's a good marriage.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions

Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
1972Murat said:
And I never had the feeling the French "gifted" the DC to the Swiss. I didn't get that part.

I don't think they meant "gifting" as in, when Tsonga chickens out and your only option is Gasquet, it's a gift. I think they just meant it as in, "giving the DC to the Swiss..."

It was fair...Switzerland allows multi millionaire French tennis players to keep tax havens...so a DC is a nice gift. :p

Fun Fact: All players who competed in the DC final reside in Switzerland. :)

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

johnsteinbeck said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
I don't think they meant "gifting" as in, when Tsonga chickens out and your only option is Gasquet, it's a gift. I think they just meant it as in, "giving the DC to the Swiss..."

It was fair...Switzerland allows multi millionaire French tennis players to keep tax havens...so a DC is a nice gift. :p

Fun Fact: All players who competed in the DC final reside in Switzerland. :)

That is funny actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 852
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
MargaretMcAleer Pro Tennis (Mens) 612