Euro 2016

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Safe to say that Brussels has suffered tremendously at the hands of the Brits this last couple of weeks. :laydownlaughing

Wales voted to Leave, but chose to Remain :lolz:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done mate. I was rooting for you. As I said to my friends, this is the way to play football. England take note!

Reactions: britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Germany d. Italy today was a major disappointment. Dull match, and long on top of it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Boring match last night. I know, experts will say it was a tactical blah blah. Then terrible penalties by both Italy and Germany. Conte brought on Zsa Zsa Gabor in the 120th minute and he typified the problem with his penalty. Kinda did a dance for three steps as he moved to the ball, then he pirouetted, bowed, still moving to the ball, hopped along on one leg, shimmied and dummied, then ballooned the bloody ball over the bar. Why do they all use these stupid rituals when they're taking penalties? It's like waiting for Rafa to serve! :popcorn

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The semis:

Portugal v Wales
France v Germany

I'd like to see a Wales v France final, but I think we'll be saddled with the other pair. It's not been an impressive tournament but some of France's play has been exceptional...

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Wow I got all 4 quarter final winners. I know my soccer.;-):

When are the semi finals? I am not confident about those pics.:nono:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wales play tonight / tomorrow (Wed 5am in Oz), (Tues 8pm in Wales)

Good picks Billie! Pick for Wales tomorrow :)

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Wales play tonight / tomorrow (Wed 5am in Oz), (Tues 8pm in Wales)

Good picks Billie! Pick for Wales tomorrow :)

The first semi final is tomorrow, just looked at the schedule, and the other one is the day after.

You know, BB, that whomever I pick it doesn't necessarily mean that they would win.;)

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. I hope you get to celebrate though.:-)2

France should have a home court advantage, and a couple of German players not playing. But they haven't played any really outstanding teams so far and Germans are hard to beat so who knows.

Heck, I'll go with Wales and France.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Sorry for Wales loss, BB. I think France will win on Sunday.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
So, the final!

France v Portugal

Any thoughts?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
With Wimby going on I haven't the time to pay any attention to this. I'll say France takes it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
French camera men only pick out babes to show us, as we know from Roland garros.

Boring match so far! Sums up the tournament. 15 minutes left, no goals....

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow! I have to say I'm super impressed by Portugal. Fair play.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't think that I could be moved to happiness for Ronaldo. But going off like that. You could see his disappointment. And then to see the support for his team mates, for his country. Well done my son!

He's done something Messi has never done. Won something for his country (forget about the Olympics, I'm talking about the big stuff)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't think that I could be moved to happiness for Ronaldo. But going off like that. You could see his disappointment. And then to see the support for his team mates, for his country. Well done my son!

He's done something Messi has never done. Won something for his country (forget about the Olympics, I'm talking about the big stuff)

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not a fan of Ronaldo, generally, but it was hard to see him go off injured. Portugal defended brilliantly, and then scored without him. I was rooting for Portugal; they've never won it before. As to Messi, I really feel for him. He was so heart-broken after the loss in Copa America that he said he wouldn't play for Argentina anymore. I think that's just disappointment talking, but this is a tick on the side for Cristiano.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I don't understand why people don't like Ronaldo? He's always played for his country as far as I remember. Granted I didn't realize that this was their first championships but it was nice how the rest of the players rallied and stuck together. Congratulations to Portugal.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't understand why people don't like Ronaldo?

For me, it's his all-too-slick, pretty-boy cockiness that I don't like, and I think that goes for many. His football is amazing, though. Let's be honest...Messi is easier to like.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Yup. Messi is a bit more guarded about his arrogance. Cristiano is just a little too into himself for my tastes. But he's one heck of a footballer. I would actually say that at his pick if I was building a team, I would put Cristiano in it before Messi, purely because at least with him you don't need to build a team around him. That's not to say I think he was a better player than Messi, just that he's easier to fit into a best 11 without having to worry about the overall structure

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228