Donald Trump - Opinions?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I find it extraordinary that anyone would impugn Obama's oratory. Amazing!

To not impugn it one must have never heard serious oratory. I recently heard Obama use the words "basically" and "stuff" in the space of 10 words during an interview. I would not point this out, except for the fact that he is hilariously called brilliant or a great orator by some people, particularly white people whose own standards of literacy and oratory have collapsed in the last century. They root for Obama because they love what he symbolizes, so they will praise him in any way they can.

Obama is good at reading a speech - but so was Bush. I do not consider basic literacy and enunciation to be great oratory.

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
2. Politics IS a job. Statesmanship is a calling, and leadership is more of a rarity. But the appelation "politician" need not have a negative connotation. In any case, I don't think Trump qualifies for any of those on the world stage.

That is simply because you disagree with his ideas and you dislike him personally. That does not mean he cannot perform these functions on a world stage, especially considering how many jokes of human beings are in leadership positions. Is Trump not as serious a person as Angela Merkel, whose policies just led to the rape of at least 18 more women by Middle Eastern migrants at a concert in Germany over the weekend? Is Trump not as serious as that bumbling goofball John Kerry, who goes from country to country meddling in people's affairs as Secretary of State?

Trump is right about NATO and he is closer to the truth about the Islamic threat than most other leaders. He also has stated repeatedly his opposition to the interventions in Iraq and Libya. The fact that many prominent leaders cannot stand him is a badge of honor, not something to be ashamed of.

Bernie Sanders knows nothing about foreign policy, as Hillary herself has said (and I agree with her). Does that mean Bernie doesn't "qualify" to lead on the world stage?

3. It is impossible to read the paper and not know a lot about Trump's business career, in the last 9 months. There is much in there that doesn't recommend him, either as a businessman, a dealmaker or a person of any integrity.

The vast majority of what you are referring to is one-sided hatchet job material. If Trump is such a terrible person, then what does it say about leading Democrats like Hillary and Harry Reid that they have fraternized with him and taken his money for years? Sure, he has done some shady things but I have no idea why that is such an important consideration when no prominent American leader has demonstrated much integrity for decades. Obama's national security adviser (Ben Rhodes) recently told the New York Times Magazine that the Obama administration was able to lie out of its teeth to the press about the Iran deal because the media consists of young Democrats who will believe anything they are told by Democratic leaders. In other words, he was saying that journalists in America are a bunch of Moxies looking to carry Obama's water and jump as high as they can whenever he tells them to. And let's not even get into the Clintons. Bill's treatment of women in many cases was as wretched as it gets.

4. I would cite Trump's "diplomatic" rhetoric with regards to women, immigrants, Muslims, Jewish people. etc. He prides himself on not being "politically correct." And he certainly isn't.

Donald Trump has not made one demeaning comment toward Latinos qua Latinos. Not one. Advocating legal immigration is not a racist position nor is it insulting toward immigrants per se. I am the son of an immigrant and I am not at all offended by the notion that it is a process that should be legally managed. His comments about illegal immigration have been offensive to leftist whites such as yourself, leftist Jews, neocon Republicans, blacks, and Latinos. Why? Well, in the case of leftist whites, they get moral fulfillment from promoting massive demographic change. In the case of leftist Jews and their neocon pals, they see white Christian culture as inherently Nazi-like and they want to dilute it. In the case of blacks, they have been trained by the civil rights industry and the education system to believe that white racism is the world's greatest evil and they must constantly be on the lookout for new manifestations of it. And, in the case of Latinos, they believe (and have been encouraged to believe by the American media) that the white man stole their land and that they deserve to have it back. Notice that none of these positions has any logical relevance for showing that legal immigration is a racist concept.

Muslims have done far more damage with their actions in Europe and North America in the last 15 years than Donald Trump has with any of his words. Muslims are responsible for major terrorist atrocities as well as coddling, justifying, shielding, and protecting jihadists within their communities. Not to mention the massive number of sexual assaults that have occurred in Europe because of misbehavior by Muslims. Furthermore, Muslims constitute a tiny minority of the American population and their culture and religion have been utterly irrelevant to the development of the United States. Being friendly toward Muslims in America has nothing to do with diplomacy in foreign relations.

You can't have it both ways. A lot of his supporters keep saying "he doesn't really mean that," or, "he won't really do that," or, "he'll change his position on that come the general election." I don't think people should be voting for the man to change his stripes. Diplomatic he is not.

Actually, Moxie, if you weren't so tendentious and you had any capacity for even-handedness when it comes to Trump, you would have noticed that Trump repeatedly criticized his Republican opponents, most notably Cruz, for being too intransigent on Capitol Hill and not being effective deal-makers. Cruz went after him on this score by saying that Trump was too flexible.

The point with Trump is that he can sit down and negotiate with people. I don't think he has the most solid convictions, but when it comes to sitting across a table from someone and working with them to get something accomplished, I think he is a quite capable individual.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
To not impugn it one must have never heard serious oratory. I recently heard Obama use the words "basically" and "stuff" in the space of 10 words during an interview. I would not point this out, except for the fact that he is hilariously called brilliant or a great orator by some people, particularly white people whose own standards of literacy and oratory have collapsed in the last century. They root for Obama because they love what he symbolizes, so they will praise him in any way they can.

Obama is good at reading a speech - but so was Bush. I do not consider basic literacy and enunciation to be great oratory.

Lol! Once again fabulously biased sampling. I don't think I'm going to waste my energy selecting anyone of the daft comments and dodgy oratory from Trump. I'm quite comfortable knowing that most who know better would disagree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lol! Once again fabulously biased sampling. I don't think I'm going to waste my energy selecting anyone of the daft comments and dodgy oratory from Trump. I'm quite comfortable knowing that most who know better would disagree with you.

When have I have ever said that Trump is a masterful orator? Insulting one man is not complimenting another, but right on cue, here is Mr. Supposedly Articulate stuttering and stammering yesterday. The only reason this guy gets credit as a "great orator" is that white leftists root for him and justify anything about him. If George Bush ever did this, Saturday Night Live would make fun of him for months.

Here you go Federberg. Enjoy the stuttering show. This guy cannot talk off the cuff. "A bunch of okie-doke?" And you want to call this guy articulate?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No. While Trump appealed to some disaffected Republican voters in the primaries, his blustery, racist message is not going to go down well with the general electorate. His own party doesn't really support him. It's only June, and some Republicans and their major donors have said they won't back him. I think they're going to broker the convention and slide in someone like Paul Ryan. In any case, Trump has offended so many voting blocks and he can't put the genie back in that bottle.

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No. While Trump appealed to some disaffected Republican voters in the primaries, his blustery, racist message is not going to go down well with the general electorate. His own party doesn't really support him. It's only June, and some Republicans and their major donors have said they won't back him. I think they're going to broker the convention and slide in someone like Paul Ryan. In any case, Trump has offended so many voting blocks and he can't put the genie back in that bottle.

The entire Democratic Party coalition is based on hate:

- White Democrats hating white social conservatives and Southerners
- Blacks hating whites and voting mindlessly 90%-plus every 4 years for Democrats who keep them enslaved to the welfare states
- Hispanics hating whites
- Jews hating Christians
- Atheists hating Christians
- Muslims hating Christians
- Gays hating Christians

It is quite rich for any Democrat to accuse someone else of fomenting hate when that is all Democrats do.

Trump's message is not "racist." There is no evidence of that and you have to be a total moron to insist that it is.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I don't think that Trump stands a chance, even if ordinary people vote for him. He is too brash, too up front, too honest, and just simply doesn't fit the description of a "good politician".

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The entire Democratic Party coalition is based on hate:

- White Democrats hating white social conservatives and Southerners
- Blacks hating whites and voting mindlessly 90%-plus every 4 years for Democrats who keep them enslaved to the welfare states
- Hispanics hating whites
- Jews hating Christians
- Atheists hating Christians
- Muslims hating Christians
- Gays hating Christians

It is quite rich for any Democrat to accuse someone else of fomenting hate when that is all Democrats do.

Trump's message is not "racist." There is no evidence of that and you have to be a total moron to insist that it is.
That the Democratic message is based on "hate" is your extreme bias. All of your bullet points can be modified into more reasonable statements:

- "White"(and all, I would say) Democrats generally "disagree" with social conservatives. That is a basic difference between the parties, and obvious, right? And there is no reason to add Southerners. While I agree there can be a general prejudice against white Southerners in this country, I, and many other liberals have lived in (even come from) the South, and understand more nuance there.

- Your 2nd point about "Blacks hating whites and voting mindlessly 90%-plus every 4 years for Democrats who keep them enslaved to the welfare states" is filled with enough presumptions, broad statements and complications as to be worth an entire page in response. Suffice it to say, it's simplistic and condescending to African-Americans in this country.

- All the rest: Are you kidding? Spoken like a knee-jerk, divisive Republican, I would say. I don't even understand where you see so much Hate, whichever party we're talking about. But, in any case, you've mistaken which party works hard towards inclusiveness, and finds support from the groups you mention, as opposed to the one that encourages divisiveness, even before we got Trump.

As to your last: "Trump's message is not "racist." There is no evidence of that and you have to be a total moron to insist that it is." Maybe I'm a total moron, by your definition, but I think a man who says that Mexicans are "rapists" and "drug dealers," that Mexico sends us the worst of their people, (as if on purpose,) and therefore we have to build a wall to keep them out, is rather against Mexicans, as a people. That's rather racist. And he would prevent all Muslims from coming to this country, henceforth. He even called out a guy at one of his rallies as "my African American." Not racist? I'm sure you'll come up with some convoluted reasoning as to why that's not racist, but most reasonable people will perceive it as such, and well they should. He has also said more than a enough insulting things about women to be perceived as a sexist, and has insulted Jews in the bargain.

As I said, the Democrats "disagree" with their Republican counterparts, but Trump is specifically using Hate speech. There is a huge difference, and don't put it on the Dems.

EdbergsGhost

Masters Champion
Reactions
Last edited:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Lol. Jeff Bezos has certainly used his ownership of the Washington Post to achieve his goals. The multi-billionaire owner of Amazon is worried that a Trump presidency will find his company facing an anti-trust suit. Another sad example of the Post's yellow journalism.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/19/donald-lambro-jeff-bezos-washington-post-targeting/

It is not such a surprise. The media is powerful and if they are set on trashing somebody, the target will not escape unharmed. By the same token they will protect, be silent, or twist the truth about any of their candidates. It is so easy to manipulate the masses.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Problem is I don't see anything outlandish about that piece. The analogy with Hitler is frightening, I recall a group of politicians who helped Hitler get to power who thought they could control him

Reactions: Mary and Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought this was funny....

upload_2016-7-11_9-32-32.png

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I know this is an old 1 but felt the need to rant & thought this was the perfect place to do it.

I'm not American or an expert on him or the American system but feel the need to say this. I 1st heard about him as a 10 year old at my Uncle's while my Aunt & Uncle were chatting but my Aunt had found me a book to read just before-hand & I wasn't as good at multi-tasking as I am now. The bit of conversation I caught while I was reading Jo's boys was that he was a successful businessman so when I heard he was running for President & he wanted to make America great again by putting his own country 1st I thought it was a good idea. I later found out about him mocking the disabled & being racist as well as either lying or changing his mind more often than his clothes, being more contradictory than a tale of 2 cities & the way he treats women, I thought it was a disgusting idea. I didn't like the idea of him cosying up to Putin either. I don't think he's even done 1/10 of what he said he was going to do though he's rightfully been stopped from doing some things he wanted to do. I know the people voted for him (as far as we know) so he should serve his time as if he doesn't democracy isn't served. I'm disgusted by how he's treating the Mexicans & children & the fact he's tarring all Muslims with the same brush. I've got Muslim friends & a lot of them are peace-loving. I can see the need to tighten up security with some things that went on. I'm also disgusted that he increased the trade tariff for Canadians because they're 1 of America's nearest neighbours, to be more specific they're America's Northern neighbour. I feel sorry for the American's having to deal with him being in charge for another 2 years.

In short, I think Donald Trump is a Male, racist, lying chauvinist pig who doesn't even know how to spell his wife's name. (Please excuse the language. I just needed to vent.)

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Trump is an immoral snake. He's your typical wallstreet trader, willing to break any rule any moral code ,using the dirtiest possible tactics, namely divide and rule to win elections.

The problem is not trump so much as the racists he has in his council specially Jeff Sessions. Sessions is the biggest problem in US today, he's the worst racist you can ever find.