Black Panther leader's endorsement of Donald Trump.....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does Broken want to explain how this could be if Trump is such a racist?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I love how the likes of TennisFan block out aspects of reality like this. They don't even look to make observations because they can only think in their uni-dimensional ideological box. Anything that doesn't fit with the narrative is to be ignored or blocked out.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
The serenity (even if using strong words) and objectivity of this guy (I mean, the leader, not the reporter) is remarkable in times like this. Maybe he should have run for president...

Reactions: Billie

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The serenity (even if using strong words) and objectivity of this guy (I mean, the leader, not the reporter) is remarkable in times like this. Maybe he should have run for president...

Yes, this guy demonstrated a lost quality: it's called rationality. Due to the forces of egalitarian hysteria, political correctness, and irrational feminism, ideas no longer matter. What matters is being palatable.

This gentleman took the time to listen to what Donald Trump said about the black community in America and its relationship with the Democratic Party over the last 50 years. He calmly gave it some thought and found that there was some merit in it. That is how rational discourse works. It doesn't operate by screaming names at people because they don't agree with you.

Reactions: Billie

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
That's the trick, being rational, being open to different opinions. This past campaign was truly revealing. We should be learning from past events. I know how easy it is to manipulate the masses, how to create the state of mistrust, fear, hatred. It is a very dangerous thing. I'll be frank and say that the things HC said regardless world politics scared the heck out of me. Let's hope that powerful people do cool their heads and start working together for this world has suffered a lot.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Does Broken want to explain how this could be if Trump is such a racist?

I really don't see why anyone would think that this has an impact on whether Trump is racist or not. It doesn't. How people respond to you has nothing to do with whether you are racist. What you do and say determine that..

I do agree with the guy's sentiment though, you can't continue to blindly vote for a party without expectations that it will benefit you/ your community. I'm sure political historians will ponder over the reasons for HRC's loss, but surely one of them was an inability/unwillingness to speak directly to the electorate.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I really don't see why anyone would think that this has an impact on whether Trump is racist or not. It doesn't. How people respond to you has nothing to do with whether you are racist. What you do and say determine that..

Everyone agrees that what one does and says determine if he is racist or not. That is the whole point. Given that I doubt that Trump ever stated explicitly that "race X is inferior", it all comes down (as it is most times the case) to the interpretation of the things he actually stated.

So, sorry, Federberg, but I must disagree with you (unless you can produce objective racist comments from him). Obviously, people who were and who were not subject of racism may have different perceptions of the issue (and I am not advocating that only the ones who were are allowed to have an opinion about it).

What people who weren´t victims of racism should do is, at least, hear to what the ones who were have to say (knowing that they could be wrong too, for example, by over reacting, as any psychologist can enlight us about trauma). Anyway, here we have someone who we are all assuming is a trustworthy leader of a representative social movement saying loud and clear a lot of things that imply that he himself does not take Trump as such a racist. Of course one can construct any narrative to make that speech to fit into any theory -- that despite that he (the BP leader) thinks that Trump is a racist, a monster, or the second coming of Jesus. But it is hard to argue against the interpretation that he objectively takes Trump as someone that actually cared (a bit, a lot, whatever) about the same people he cares about.

I simply do not have the stomach to follow on defending Trump, I am not American and I am surely not one of his supporters. But if you start any conversation by simply assuming that a given assertion is a fundamental axiom of the universe (Trump is a racist), and completely disregard any evidence (and, sorry, this is what it seems that you are doing) that might lead to an opposite view, you really leave zero room for discussion and eventual -- even if almost impossible -- agreement.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Everyone agrees that what one does and says determine if he is racist or not. That is the whole point. Given that I doubt that Trump ever stated explicitly that "race X is inferior", it all comes down (as it is most times the case) to the interpretation of the things he actually stated.

So, sorry, Federberg, but I must disagree with you (unless you can produce objective racist comments from him). Obviously, people who were and who were not subject of racism may have different perceptions of the issue (and I am not advocating that only the ones who were are allowed to have an opinion about it).

What people who weren´t victims of racism should do is, at least, hear to what the ones who were have to say (knowing that they could be wrong too, for example, by over reacting, as any psychologist can enlight us about trauma). Anyway, here we have someone who we are all assuming is a trustworthy leader of a representative social movement saying loud and clear a lot of things that imply that he himself does not take Trump as such a racist. Of course one can construct any narrative to make that speech to fit into any theory -- that despite that he (the BP leader) thinks that Trump is a racist, a monster, or the second coming of Jesus. But it is hard to argue against the interpretation that he objectively takes Trump as someone that actually cared (a bit, a lot, whatever) about the same people he cares about.

I simply do not have the stomach to follow on defending Trump, I am not American and I am surely not one of his supporters. But if you start any conversation by simply assuming that a given assertion is a fundamental axiom of the universe (Trump is a racist), and completely disregard any evidence (and, sorry, this is what it seems that you are doing) that might lead to an opposite view, you really leave zero room for discussion and eventual -- even if almost impossible -- agreement.

Good post, too many shallow people have such one dimensional thinking.....these days if you just throw certain labels (i.e. racist, sexist, mysogenist) around, you think you've won the right to do whatever you want.....sigh!!

America has been in intellectually disabled state for a while, many people are just too stupid and want to be PC, its good to see enough people have waken up to that fact as election result has shown.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

I think there are many things on record, but I'll pick a couple..(1) refusing housing to African American's in the 70s (2) birther movement

By the way I don't think African American's consider the BP leader to be a spokesperson or even leader in their community (I have been told as such by quite a few I've spoken to). But as I said I did agree with his critique of the Dems and what they've failed to do for the African American community

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think there are many things on record, but I'll pick a couple..(1) refusing housing to African American's in the 70s (2) birther movement

So we are going to bring up things that happened in the 70s? Lol.

Okay, let's do that. How about Bill Clinton working for a segregationist senator? How about Hillary being mentored by Robert Byrd, a former member of the KKK?

And you want to bring up how Trump treated minorities. Okay, let's go with the words of Jesse Jackson:

- In January 1998 at Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Push Coalition forum on minority businesses, Jackson praised Trump for "representing diversity."

- At another Rainbow Push Conference, Jackson praised Trump for "reaching out" and "being inclusive."

- At this same conference, Jackson credited Trump because he "came to our business meeting here in New York" in 1984 and 1988 when Jackson ran for president and many thought that his campaign was something to avoid.

This was Trump speaking himself at the Rainbow Push Coalition:

"I will tell you a large percentage of the people and especially [the people] in construction that are building these great jobs are black and minorities and I'm very proud of it. We have close to 25% and I think the number's going up. And they do a great job. There are no better builders that we have in New York and a big percentage of that is black and minority folks."

Was that racist of him to say, Federberg?

Also, how was the birther movement (begun by Hillary Clinton, btw) "racist" toward black Americans considering that the vast majority of them were born in the U.S.?