Covid vaccine - opinions?

Will you take the vaccine when it is available to you?

• I will take the vaccine

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • I don't trust the vaccine

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Don't know enough yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thrilled there is a vaccine...it feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I'll wait to see how it works for others

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

You know, if they withdrew vaccines that had only a 1 in 10,000 chances of causing an adverse effect, what’s going on with this one? It’s way too politicised for a start, as @tented says, but also there’s obviously dodgy compromised politicians involved with Big Pharma, as your post about Rishi suggests.

The pharma industry has too much power and we as a public are become culturally too gullible and desperate for a quick fix. I don’t regret taking the vaccine except for this fact. I did it for the right reasons and so far I’ve had no adverse effects, but I shoulda listened to the missus. She’s more clued in on this stuff. I never take any pharmaceutical medicines, not in almost 30 years, but I thought this was the magic bullet to get life back to normal. Young people were terrible affected by bad government policies, and shockingly abusive PR campaigns that made them fearful of killing granny.

And now we see the effects of the vaccine.

The great British interrogator Jeremy Paxman was once asked why he goes in so hard on politicians when he interviews them and he said it’s because he looks at them sitting there and he thinks, why is this bastard lying to me. I think we’re all either fools or unthinking tribalists if we don’t adopt the same policy..

Reactions: tented

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was talking to a neighbor a couple of weeks ago. She is a conscious woman in her 50s, she moved from Gothenburg (Sweden) to the countryside and has her own farm, she grows everything herself. She said that no one employee of Astra Zeneca was vaccinated in Gothenburg. I think that also speaks volumes about the vaccine. In Germany there are currently over 200 lawsuits due to side effects from Pfizer vaccines.

I had to get vaccinated for work, but if I didn't have to, I never would. You could say that I have side effects, but I don't know if it's because of Covid or the vaccine. About 3 months after covid I got alopecia areata, coin size bald patches on 2-3 parts of my scalp and one on my chin. It's much better now without any medicines, but still not quite like before. Also, no one in my family is prone to autoimmune diseases. Quite often lately we hear how people's hearts have failed and they are not old nor have they had a heart attack. It sounds a little scary when you start to think more deeply about the consequences of vaccines or Covid.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I was talking to a neighbor a couple of weeks ago. She is a conscious woman in her 50s, she moved from Gothenburg (Sweden) to the countryside and has her own farm, she grows everything herself. She said that no one employee of Astra Zeneca was vaccinated in Gothenburg. I think that also speaks volumes about the vaccine. In Germany there are currently over 200 lawsuits due to side effects from Pfizer vaccines.

I had to get vaccinated for work, but if I didn't have to, I never would. You could say that I have side effects, but I don't know if it's because of Covid or the vaccine. About 3 months after covid I got alopecia areata, coin size bald patches on 2-3 parts of my scalp and one on my chin. It's much better now without any medicines, but still not quite like before. Also, no one in my family is prone to autoimmune diseases. Quite often lately we hear how people's hearts have failed and they are not old nor have they had a heart attack. It sounds a little scary when you start to think more deeply about the consequences of vaccines or Covid.
That’s terrible!

I think the conversation about vaccine side effects is barely begun. There was an open attempt to cover stories of vaccine side effects by the US Dept of Labour, and I’ve heard countless stories from people who had adverse reactions and their doctor said, ‘nah I think it’s something else. I don’t think it’s the vaccine.’

I think this conversation will only gather momentum, like the suggestion that Fauci lied about gain of function research in Wuhan, and like Pfizer and other producers made claims they couldn’t support about the efficacy of their vaccines..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s terrible!

I think the conversation about vaccine side effects is barely begun. There was an open attempt to cover stories of vaccine side effects by the US Dept of Labour, and I’ve heard countless stories from people who had adverse reactions and their doctor said, ‘nah I think it’s something else. I don’t think it’s the vaccine.’

I think this conversation will only gather momentum, like the suggestion that Fauci lied about gain of function research in Wuhan, and like Pfizer and other producers made claims they couldn’t support about the efficacy of their vaccines..
Well I took probably my 7 doze of the Pfizer's vaccine (5th booster shot) last Friday but this time my side effects from the vaccine booster shot was very severe.( Body aches and 9/10 back spasms since Friday)...I have tried Tylenol and anti inflammatory medicine, hot baths with Epsom salt and green alcohol, heating pads. Today the pain is beginning to subside but I don't know if it's from sitting in the hot tub jacuzzi and the water jets. Well that's it for me. I am a believer in the vaccine especially since I have to travel internationally for work and etc. I honestly believe that this time I received a bad doze of the vaccine booster shot. Just my two cents worth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I took probably my 7 doze of the Pfizer's vaccine (5th booster shot) last Friday but this time my side effects from the vaccine booster shot was very severe.( Body aches and 9/10 back spasms since Friday)...I have tried Tylenol and anti inflammatory medicine, hot baths with Epsom salt and green alcohol, heating pads. Today the pain is beginning to subside but I don't know if it's from sitting in the hot tub jacuzzi and the water jets. Well that's it for me. I am a believer in the vaccine especially since I have to travel internationally for work and etc. I honestly believe that this time I received a bad doze of the vaccine booster shot. Just my two cents worth
Can I say there has been a lot of bad side effects from the Pfizer vaccine, here in Australia, shame you could not have another type of vaccine, sorry to hear you had those side effects, I have to have boosters because I work in a hospital and have never had any side effects, though I have not had a Pfizer vaccine.
I prefer a protein based vaccine like Novavax.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s terrible!

Certain people will keep digging, find a bunch of information and facts and Big Pharma will dissmiss all charges and claim innocent. They're too powerful. We'll probably get some conspiracy documentary and books about it, but world will keep going the same as before unfortunately.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry to hear that, brother, hope you’re well!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Can I say there has been a lot of bad side effects from the Pfizer vaccine, here in Australia, shame you could not have another type of vaccine, sorry to hear you had those side effects, I have to have boosters because I work in a hospital and have never had any side effects, though I have not had a Pfizer vaccine.
I prefer a protein based vaccine like Novavax.
What side effects are people showing?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Flu type side effects, headaches, muscle pain, fever
I’ve a friend ended up in hospital with blood clots. They still say it wasn’t the vaccine. Time was, a doctor might ask if you’ve taken any new medicines recently that might have caused this. The reply this time being, I don’t take medicines, but yeah got vaccinated recently.

The reply to that being, yeah but it’s not that. Anything else? :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I’ve a friend ended up in hospital with blood clots. They still say it wasn’t the vaccine. Time was, a doctor might ask if you’ve taken any new medicines recently that might have caused this. The reply this time being, I don’t take medicines, but yeah got vaccinated recently.

The reply to that being, yeah but it’s not that. Anything else? :facepalm:
There are some doctors that cannot think 'outside the box' they are very black and white in their approaches at times to patients, sad to say, I have bitten my tongue at times with some of their questions:)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
There are some doctors that cannot think 'outside the box' they are very black and white in their approaches at times to patients, sad to say, I have bitten my tongue at times with some of their questions:)
I’ve gotten to know many doctors in real life over the past 15-20 years. They mean well, but I’ve also been disabused of the ways in which I used to think of doctors: extremely knowledge, lots of experience, highly intelligent, curious minds, etc. This doesn’t apply to all of them, but many of them. It’s also a little sickening how many of them are truly doing it for the money.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I’ve gotten to know many doctors in real life over the past 15-20 years. They mean well, but I’ve also been disabused of the ways in which I used to think of doctors: extremely knowledge, lots of experience, highly intelligent, curious minds, etc. This doesn’t apply to all of them, but many of them. It’s also a little sickening how many of them are truly doing it for the money.
Some of the present doctors have not kept up with the advancements in medicine sad to say, yes some of them it is 'just a job' complaining about the hours etc, especially working in a hospital, well that should have known that before going into medicine it is not a 9 to 5 profession.