Coronavirus cases on your social circle

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Dad fell off the sofa at 6:05 yesterday morning & couldn't get up. I phoned for the ambulance. When they came & I gave them his cough tablets, they said "Has he got a cough?" I had to explain they were for his C.O.P.D., I.P.F. and asbestosis. He passed away at 3:05 this morning. If he hadn't already been diagnosed with the 3 afore-mentioned conditions they'd have probably have put him down as having coronavirus.

I am sorry to hear the sad news. Hope He gives you courage to cope up with the loss.

Reactions: kskate2

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dad fell off the sofa at 6:05 yesterday morning & couldn't get up. I phoned for the ambulance. When they came & I gave them his cough tablets, they said "Has he got a cough?" I had to explain they were for his C.O.P.D., I.P.F. and asbestosis. He passed away at 3:05 this morning. If he hadn't already been diagnosed with the 3 afore-mentioned conditions they'd have probably have put him down as having coronavirus.

Ann, very sorry to hear about your loss. Take care.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh dear Lord! Sincere condolences

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am so sorry for your loss, Ann.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I am sorry to hear the sad news. Hope He gives you courage to cope up with the loss.
Thank you very much. I'm managing to cope by trying to get everything done that needs doing. Yesterday I told friends & family. Today I did shopping, e-mailled a couple of people with the news, phoned the hospital as told, found out insurance policy documents, tried to phone them but they need the certificate which will be e-mailed to me & I've found out funeral director tel. No.'s. I've got a lot of other people I need to phone & a lot of sorting out to do. I know I must give myself a break too.

Back on topic, my Sister brought his clothes home from the hospital & was told to go steady with them as some people on his ward had Coronavirus though as he had been diagnosed with I.P.F. before this virus started which causes flu-like symptoms they don't think he had it. They'll have to test him when they ascertain the cause of death.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers going up for your family.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
In further news, I'm now into week 2 of IL mandated stay-at-home policy. My sister in St. Louis had a high fever on Thurs morning. She called the 800 line and they asked her a series of questions and then connected her to a nurse who made a reservation for her to go and get tested at one of the drive thru locations. She went immediately and said there was no wait for the test. She did say the test itself was awful. They stick that swab all the way up your nose. Uggh!

They told her results can take 4-14 days to come back. She had to stay home from Walmart until she got the test result back. She took cold medicine and was good as new on Friday. They called yesterday and said she tested negative. Back to work today.

On another note, a friend of my oldest sister has family in South Africa. He's over there visiting right now. One of the family members in the house tested positive a couple of weeks ago, but he didn't get really sick and no one else in the household has contracted it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In further news, I'm now into week 2 of IL mandated stay-at-home policy. My sister in St. Louis had a high fever on Thurs morning. She called the 800 line and they asked her a series of questions and then connected her to a nurse who made a reservation for her to go and get tested at one of the drive thru locations. She went immediately and said there was no wait for the test. She did say the test itself was awful. They stick that swab all the way up your nose. Uggh!

They told her results can take 4-14 days to come back. She had to stay home from Walmart until she got the test result back. She took cold medicine and was good as new on Friday. They called yesterday and said she tested negative. Back to work today.

On another note, a friend of my oldest sister has family in South Africa. He's over there visiting right now. One of the family members in the house tested positive a couple of weeks ago, but he didn't get really sick and no one else in the household has contracted it.
Your sister's friend could have some trouble getting back, though, right? He'll have to quarantine, I expect. Glad to hear your sister's test was negative! :thumbs-up:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To follow up on my global circle: as I mentioned, all of my friends in northern Italy are fine, and my friends in Madrid and Valencia, as well. My friend in Valencia sold her language school in January, which is looking like a genius move now. Also, friends in UK are well, including several of my friends who are doctors. Given where I live and where I have so many friends, I'm feeling lucky for the moment, but keeping fingers crossed. I'm so glad that everyone here is still OK, and hoping you and yours all stay well and safe...and solvent.

Reactions: mrzz and kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Your sister's friend could have some trouble getting back, though, right? He'll have to quarantine, I expect. Glad to hear your sister's test was negative! :thumbs-up:
Correct. He knew that when he went over there that he would be there for awhile. His parents are there and he went to check on them. He's a consultant so he works remotely anyway.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Correct. He knew that when he went over there that he would be there for awhile. His parents are there and he went to check on them. He's a consultant so he works remotely anyway.
Smart. And given that his parents are there, it's probably the place to be for him, right now. I know a few people who had to make the decision about where they wanted/needed to be when the music stopped, (i.e., the travel ban game of musical chairs.) One friend made it to Spain before her elderly mother died (of natural causes,) to be there, but had to jump on a plane to get back to US, rather than get stuck. (And then had to quarantine for 2 weeks here, and deal with all of the aftermath from remote.) Another friend is a professor here, at NYU, just beginning teaching virtually when Spring break came up. NYU was discouraging travel for staff. Her husband and elderly father are in England. She got while the getting was still good and is safely on the Devon coast and not missing a beat in teaching.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm so glad that everyone here is still OK, and hoping you and yours all stay well and safe...and solvent.
I too have lots of friends in hot zones and everyone is doing well. I'm also glad everyone here is safe. My niece lives in Brooklyn and she took the train to D.C. last Sun right before the NY ban started. She didn't want to be stuck at home w/ her current roommates. :lulz1:

Horsa

Reactions

I'm glad your Sister's results were negative.

They tested Dad when they ascertained his cause of death as they put him on a ward with coronavirus patients on. His results came back negative for coronavirus. We've been told he died from I.P.F. & asbestosis which is what we thought but they needed to check.

Horsa

Reactions
To follow up on my global circle: as I mentioned, all of my friends in northern Italy are fine, and my friends in Madrid and Valencia, as well. My friend in Valencia sold her language school in January, which is looking like a genius move now. Also, friends in UK are well, including several of my friends who are doctors. Given where I live and where I have so many friends, I'm feeling lucky for the moment, but keeping fingers crossed. I'm so glad that everyone here is still OK, and hoping you and yours all stay well and safe...and solvent.
I'm glad that you & your friends are fine. Me, my Mother & Sister are as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Getting everything done is helping us cope. It's hard though as everything is done by phone or email. Some companies I have to notify are only dealing with emergencies at the moment & don't class this as an emergency. Close family only allowed. We had to phone the florists. Artificial flowers are all that are available. We have to book a taxi to the crematorium as funeral cars aren't allowed due to coronavirus. Thank you very much. I hope you're well & happy.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C World Affairs 27