Conspiracy Theory

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ok so here's an interesting conspiracy theory that's been posited to me today. Some folks are claiming this is all to do with 5G.... :astonished-face:
Well, Bill Gates will need decent communications as he exercises his master plan to depopulate the world. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Joking aside, and while I'm currently riding the prima facie version of events, something still doesn't seem to sit quite right about all of this.

Reactions: mrzz

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Joking aside, and while I'm currently riding the prima facie version of events, something still doesn't seem to sit quite right about all of this.

While I do share your spirit, you have to remember that today's highly interconected world is an extremely non-linear system, and thus small changes in initial conditions can lead to drastic changes in outcome. A little increase in people's flux across the globe, a slightly more contagious viruses, etc and etc... and, voilá, like magic you have this unheard off scenario. Ask yourself, what would happen if this virus came along 200 years ago? It would be a footnote in medical literature. Now it is borderline biblical.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
While I do share your spirit, you have to remember that today's highly interconected world is an extremely non-linear system, and thus small changes in initial conditions can lead to drastic changes in outcome. A little increase in people's flux across the globe, a slightly more contagious viruses, etc and etc... and, voilá, like magic you have this unheard off scenario. Ask yourself, what would happen if this virus came along 200 years ago? It would be a footnote in medical literature. Now it is borderline biblical.
Haha... yeah, you're almost certainly right. I've just got this nagging doubt in the back of my head and that there is something bigger in motion. Conspiracy Theory stuff... at least I'm on the right thread.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's actually interesting looking back in this thread to the original discussions. Kennedy's assassination, 9/11, etc.

If you ever get a chance read up on Operation Northwoods stuff. It was signed off by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff (Kennedy wouldn't sign off on it). It was declassified years later, but anybody reading it should come out of the other end with a healthy sceptiscm that all might not be as they seem.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Chances of this crap coming from bats is zero imo. China made an announcement to make sure better safety standards were used in their labs not long ago. While many believe it was an intentional bio weapon, my opinion is, yes, it was some dodgy bio weapon or virus they had in their labs in Wuhan but some idiot accidentally leaked it and they tried to cover it up, clearly very badly. Why else would they make a very well timed announcement about better lab safety standards needed? That CCP are corrupt as fuck. I like how many links call it the CCP virus.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chances of this crap coming from bats is zero imo.
Ok mate, I'm open to all ideas and theories, etc. But let's put some theories to the test. So, on that basis... The chances of this coming from bats is zero.

Run me through the process that caused you to arrive at that particular conclusion. With some scientific basis preferably. I'm not saying you are right or wrong... consider it a "sell me this pen" type of question.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I just got an whatsapp message with the typical conspiracy theory, it shows videos of people spitting in things, etc. It is disgusting to see, yes, but the narrative that comes with it is that this is all on purpose, coordinated, etc.

Okay, so I am trying to debunk it, which is usually easy as most of the times someone else already debunked it. The "original" message I got show three or four different videos. The first one is debunked in a lot of places, in particular here:

The main claim of the debunking article is that the person which is shown spitting is not the one which is shown arrested. Fine (I can confirm that in other articles who show additional footage). But I can find anywhere anyone explaining what the fuck was the spitting woman doing... I mean, was she just some crazy disgusting bitch?

That story happened in Australia. Have you heard of that, @britbox?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I just got an whatsapp message with the typical conspiracy theory, it shows videos of people spitting in things, etc. It is disgusting to see, yes, but the narrative that comes with it is that this is all on purpose, coordinated, etc.

Okay, so I am trying to debunk it, which is usually easy as most of the times someone else already debunked it. The "original" message I got show three or four different videos. The first one is debunked in a lot of places, in particular here:

The main claim of the debunking article is that the person which is shown spitting is not the one which is shown arrested. Fine (I can confirm that in other articles who show additional footage). But I can find anywhere anyone explaining what the fuck was the spitting woman doing... I mean, was she just some crazy disgusting bitch?

I actually got the WhatsApp video of that about a week ago :astonished-face:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Yeah, I saw it a few days ago.. on Facebook. There were two videos...in a split-screen... the first showed the woman peeling her mask back and spitting on some bananas. The second video showed somebody being arrested. The Asian woman wasn't the same person in both videos... unless she'd run off and got changed in the interim.

That's not to say either individual case was actually false... but the narrative they were combined to produce was certainly misrepresenting events.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can't find it immediately, but I'll dig it out in due course (i think it was on Sky Australia)... there is authentic video showing Asians mass-buying health products to send back to China when this virus stuff started unfolding. Facemasks, thermometers, etc... apparently on the orders of Chinese companies they worked for, in what seemed to be something co-ordinated.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Yeah, I saw it a few days ago.. on Facebook. There were two videos...in a split-screen... the first showed the woman peeling her mask back and spitting on some bananas. The second video showed somebody being arrested. The Asian woman wasn't the same person in both videos... unless she'd run off and got changed in the interim.

That's not to say either individual case was actually false... but the narrative they were combined to produce was certainly misrepresenting events.

Yep. The articles that debunk the narrative show that most likely the two are different persons, not only the clothing but they surely look different. But I am really curious about the first video. It is just that? Some crazy person spat in some bananas and ran away?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep. The articles that debunk the narrative show that most likely the two are different persons, not only the clothing but they surely look different. But I am really curious about the first video. It is just that? Some crazy person spat in some bananas and ran away?
I assume so, as there isn't really any context given to it other than what we can see on video. Clearly the attempt to give it some context with the second video was fake.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know about Australian case. But, in USA a grocery store was forced to throw out produce worth $35,000 and clean the store for next several hours after a woman coughed and spitted on stuff intentionally. She was arrested. This is not fake news and this is real. It is believed that she actually has not tested positive and she does not have it also. She is probably just a sociopath.

• Sad
Reactions: britbox

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I don't know about Australian case. But, in USA a grocery store was forced to throw out produce worth $35,000 and clean the store for next several hours after a woman coughed and spitted on stuff intentionally. She was arrested. This is not fake news and this is real. It is believed that she actually has not tested positive and she does not have it also. She is probably just a sociopath.

Can confirm. This is true.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^As far as I'm concerned those types of people should be charged under terrorism laws

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

Yes, I have seen that. But the headlines I see of this case have "prank" between quotes written on it, so maybe the woman used that as her defense. I don't know the details. What puzzles me about the banana woman (nice name, isn't it?) is that she is REALLY trying to conceal it from everyone around (but she ignored the security camera). Was this the case in the USA grocery store?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
you want higher level? You can't handle higher level!