Conspiracy Theory

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I usually do not care to much for conspiracy theories myself, but the other day, when I was sick at home and apparently had too much time in my hands, I started browsing through some JFK stuff (THAT one always intrigued me and I have a theory of my own , just as an intellectual exercise) and one thing led to another and...

I cannot believe the amount of conspiracy stuff out there and the sheer number of people that buy into them. I had no idea that there are a million videos saying the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax! A staged script. 9/11 was always going to be a magnet for conspiracy theories so that was a given (even I have one tiny question that I cannot get a proper answer to) but to this day? That many people?

Do you have a favorite CT? And PLEASE, this is supposed to be a fun, intellectual exercise, not Ahmedinejad kind of "Holocaust never happened" craziness. No need to offend anyone. If we keep it clean, it could be a lot of fun.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal faked his back pain at the AO in order to take credit away from Wawrinka.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
^^ That's not a conspiracy theory - that's actually true! I read it on a website.

My favourite ones are (in no particular order):

1) The Moon Landing
2) The Vatican is behind everything that's happened, in order to create a One World Religion and control the banks
3) 9/11
4) Hitler is still alive
5) And so is Elvis

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
that jfk thing is crazy..

read some stuff and some slowed down vids on youtube with folk trying to get away with claiming that one of the guys in the front seat of jfk car shot him in the neck by sneaking an arm round or something, and another theory that he was shot by a bloke with a rifle in the drains by the kerb on the roadside on other side of road..:s :huh:

then I thought...well, that's enough internet for today.

I thought of a new one, that unfortunate vanishing plane of 2days ago didn't crash in the south china sea..it was abducted from above and taken into deep space by aliens. (2 false passports were on board aliens to help from the inside).

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
The fluoride depopulation theory is hilarity of the highest order. The illumanti one is funny, too, especially when they 'decode' symbols in films and music videos.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
9/11. Pentagon. Question: One of the most secure buildings in the USA, probably hundreds of cameras in and around it. Why don't I have just one clear video of a plane approaching? I am perfectly fine with the rest of the story, I just cannot wrap my mind around the lack of video issue at the Pentagon.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Does none exist?

Or have no vids been shown?

Isn't there video of plane wreckage near there? Maybe it was out of range of their cameras?

I mean, what's your thinking? And do the CT say?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Kieran said:
Does none exist?

Isn't there video of plane wreckage near there? Maybe it was out of range of their cameras?

Only "official " video shows pretty much a blur of something. There HAS to be nearby businesses , a gas station, something that must have taped a plane approaching. I mean, everything is taped these days, no? Also I am told that building has more CCTV cameras than any other building on earth.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Kieran said:
Does none exist?

Only "official " video shows pretty much a blur of something. There HAS to be nearby businesses , a gas station, something that must have taped a plane approaching. I mean, everything is taped these days, no? Also I am told that building has more CCTV cameras than any other building on earth.

"These days" aren't "those days." It was 13 years ago, and we all claim the world has changed since Sept. 11, 2001, plus, it was the environs of the Pentagon. You don't think there was a fair security ring around there? Surely the Pentagon had CCTV cameras, but I bet they're not that keen to release them to the general public, either, since they don't have to. Most people believe that what happened was as reported, more or less. That plane went down, and all those people died. If they didn't go into that building, where DID they go down? It's too baroque to think anything else. The planes DID go into the WTC…we saw them. Everything else that happened, (Flt. 93, DC,) happened too fast to be part of any conspiracy, other than the one we know it to be, i.e., an Al Qaeda plot that was all too successful.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
^ I am cool with pretty much everything too. I SAW the planes go into the towers. Well, later, since I was flying from Germany to Canada that day and my plane got returned to Germany. One long day it was...

Anyways, my issue is , the one video they released shows nothing. Why release THAT one? They can say they are not releasing anything for security reasons and we all have to live with that. Of course they are not in the business of satisfying peoples curiosities, but then why show that one video at all, that shows a ball of fire? I have always wondered about that one, not in a conspiracy sense because I do not by it, but in a curious sense...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
that jfk thing is crazy..

read some stuff and some slowed down vids on youtube with folk trying to get away with claiming that one of the guys in the front seat of jfk car shot him in the neck by sneaking an arm round or something, and another theory that he was shot by a bloke with a rifle in the drains by the kerb on the roadside on other side of road..:s :huh:

then I thought...well, that's enough internet for today.

I thought of a new one, that unfortunate vanishing plane of 2days ago didn't crash in the south china sea..it was abducted from above and taken into deep space by aliens. (2 false passports were on board aliens to help from the inside).

There's another one on the JFK theory that there was a shot from Lee Harvey Oswald, which caused the Lincoln to hit the brakes and precipitated a shot from a CIA man in the following car to shoot towards the President's car, which perhaps was the shot that killed him. Everyone was so shocked that JFK was assassinated, that they look for larger reasons than one disaffected aspiring Communist during the Cold War. I'll tell you two things that sell me on the story on offer: that I don't think the number of people it would have required to be involved in such a conspiracy could have all kept silent for so long; and, because of an interview that John Kennedy, Jr. did with Castro for his magazine "George," before he died. Oswald had applied for a visa to move to Cuba about 6 months before he shot Kennedy. During their conversations, Castro, in a complete non sequitor, suddenly said, rather poignantly, to JFK, Jr: "I'm sorry that we didn't give Oswald that visa." If Castro thinks Oswald did it, I think we should, too.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I usually do not care to much for conspiracy theories myself, but the other day, when I was sick at home and apparently had too much time in my hands, I started browsing through some JFK stuff (THAT one always intrigued me and I have a theory of my own , just as an intellectual exercise) and one thing led to another and...

I cannot believe the amount of conspiracy stuff out there and the sheer number of people that buy into them. I had no idea that there are a million videos saying the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax! A staged script. 9/11 was always going to be a magnet for conspiracy theories so that was a given (even I have one tiny question that I cannot get a proper answer to) but to this day? That many people?

Do you have a favorite CT? And PLEASE, this is supposed to be a fun, intellectual exercise, not Ahmedinejad kind of "Holocaust never happened" craziness. No need to offend anyone. If we keep it clean, it could be a lot of fun.

I love 9/11 conspiracies. There are people who don't even believe planes were flown into the towers!? Jesse Ventura's show was hilarious. He is a goon.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Riotbeard said:
1972Murat said:

I love 9/11 conspiracies. There are people who don't even believe planes were flown into the towers!? Jesse Ventura's show was hilarious. He is a goon.

I saw the Ventura show too...wow.
They were planes, drones, computer animations...crazy stuff out there for sure.One youtube video was claiming that a person that jumped from one of the towers was actually a drone, if you do an extreme close up! The imagination required for this type of crap....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like that you put this out there, Murat, and I know you're not buying conspiracy theories. A question would be: why do other people create or buy them? I agree with not just buying whatever any government or media is selling you, without being skeptical and searching out your own satisfying answers, but I don't understand those that search for nefarious undertones, and create elaborate narratives around them. Occam's Razor: the hypothesis with the fewest suppositions is probably the true one.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Conspiracy theories range from fun to aggravating as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, none of them are within the "truthful" range. It's not that I don't think there could be more to some stories. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is (cover ups, lies, etc...). But when talking about extreme conspiracy theories, I've never seen a single argument they raise that couldn't be rationally explained.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Conspiracy theories can be fun but of course most are outrageous. The only one I buy is JFK. I don't think Oswald acted alone. He may have been the only shooter (though I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't) but even in that scenario I still think he had some help/backing.

Ruby killing Oswald has never made sense to me aside from the reason being that it was to silence him as quick as possible. Aside from that we are supposed to believe that Ruby was so overcome by a desire for revenge that he basically committed suicide just to take Oswald out when the guy was almost surely getting the death penalty anyways.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Moxie629 said:
I like that you put this out there, Murat, and I know you're not buying conspiracy theories. A question would be: why do other people create or buy them? I agree with not just buying whatever any government or media is selling you, without being skeptical and searching out your own satisfying answers, but I don't understand those that search for nefarious undertones, and create elaborate narratives around them. Occam's Razor: the hypothesis with the fewest suppositions is probably the true one.

I think when things do not make sense, some people cannot accept the obvious and look for deeper (crazier) explanations. I mean, you wake up one morning and you see the Twin Towers go down. That just does not happen everyday, so it cannot be as simple as a couple of planes...I don't know. Maybe it makes some people feel more important and anti establishment believing crap. Hey, I question pretty much everything I am told or shown by the media , but an event like Sandy Hook, being a hoax? I mean, who gains what from a scenario like that?:huh:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it's good to have some degree of scepticism on taking things at face value and making your own judgements. I find some of the 9/11 conspiracy theories flat out ridiculous... but who knows what events are guided by others with vested interests.

One event I look at with a real sceptical eye was the death of Dr David Kelly, a UK weapons expert who committed suicide around the time of the report into Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction. Kelly was supposed to have killed himself and yet they found no finger prints on the knife or any of the packets of pills he was supposed to have taken.

The inquiry into his death ordered that the official documents be sealed for 70 years rather than the usual 30.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
We live in a gossipy society. People get a lot of their info from the web and they're just not interested in academic rigour any more. Salaciousness and mystery rule. Maybe it's information overload, and the mundane truth just doesn't get enough revs on the counter, but I think that CT's are an effect of a bored and suspicious society. Everybody has to know something that somebody else doesn't know...

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
if sumfing is all ovah the interwebz thenn it must be true..:idea:

...ovverwise the said informayshun wouldn't be there on the informayshun superhighway to start off wiv.

...........................(innit)