Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Nadal in three

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Buttie will probably brutalize Decinerer in 2...but who knows ?
Maybe Mr Vavrinec will happily surprise his devoted fans ???[/i]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
I think it will be Rafa in straights.

Fed in .. Seriously, I agree .. Rafa in straight sets.. I think the match vs Haas may have taken a lot out of Fed's legs.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think if Rafa plays intensely, he'll win, but otherwise, it's a fast court and Federer will be looking to gain some confidence before the US Open.

If it was a match in the US Open, I'd say Rafa in four, but it's over 3 and on one of Rogers favourite stomping grounds. This one might surprise a lot of people...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal in two sets--one good and the other sloppy.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I think if Rafa plays intensely, he'll win, but otherwise, it's a fast court and Federer will be looking to gain some confidence before the US Open.

If it was a match in the US Open, I'd say Rafa in four, but it's over 3 and on one of Rogers favourite stomping grounds. This one might surprise a lot of people...

This time Mr K.. I am going to listen to Darth Fed.. He said that Fed experienced back issues during the match vs PK and he wasn't too please with Roger's overall game vs Haas.. I trust Darth Fed on this one which means that the odds are not high for a surprise.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
This time Mr K.. I am going to listen to Darth Fed.. He said that Fed experienced back issues during the match vs PK and he wasn't too please with Roger's overall game vs Haas.. I trust Darth Fed on this one which means that the odds are not high for a surprise.

Darth is always negative about Federer before a Fedal match. :p

I thought Roger was on-off against Haas, lacked urgency and confidence, and needed his ancient collaborator to help him out with a few timely shanks, but even still: he's Federer, it's a fast court, and somewhere along the line he has to make a stand - and Rafa has to play below his usual intense levels.

I reckon I could make money on this one if I was a betting man... ;)

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Rafa is playing much better than Roger. And when Roger plays Rafa everyone knows the outcome.
Rafa in straight.

19USC66

Club Member
Reactions
Federer should withdraw and save himself any embarrassment. His back has issues, he is indecisive, and has little if any confidence in his game. Why bother with the humiliation and pain. Sometimes things are exactly what they are. Fed should retire. His back, age and lack of motivation are sending all kinds of messages to Fed. Time to go.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

I thought Roger was on-off against Haas, lacked urgency and confidence, and needed his ancient collaborator to help him out with a few timely shanks, but even still: he's Federer, it's a fast court, and somewhere along the line he has to make a stand - and Rafa has to play below his usual intense levels.

Yeah, this is true but Darth is brutally honest about Fed. Heck.. I feel worst for Darth when Fed looses more than Federer and his team.:cool:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
19USC66 said:
Federer should withdraw and save himself any embarrassment. His back has issues, he is indecisive, and has little if any confidence in his game. Why bother with the humiliation and pain. Sometimes things are exactly what they are. Fed should retire. His back, age and lack of motivation are sending all kinds of messages to Fed. Time to go.

That could be just the type of pep talk Annacone needs to deliver!

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Its rather depressing that after Federer's best match in months he has to play Rafa. Tragic, really. Rafa in two.

And Kieran, come on. I hope you're right but...really?

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone have the timetable for all the quarterfinal matches? I think Rafa will win in three. He can always attach the backhand even on fast courts. It is bit painful to watch Roger, with the way he is playing now. I really hope that his back problem is not degenerative.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa will humiliate Fed in 2 lopsided sets. The h2h increases and Roger goes to Flushing Meadows via the toilet.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

Yeah, this is true but Darth is brutally honest about Fed. Heck.. I feel worst for Darth when Fed looses more than Federer and his team.:cool:

I don't feel a thing AP. it's 10 times worse when the Packers go down and even then I get over it after a week unless we Are talking the Fail Mary.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match could go either way really. Although Federer is struggling on his form and fitness, this court is still one of the fastest courts on the tour. In addition, if Federer doesn't win this match, he will be seeded sixth behind Berdych.

With all said and done, I pick Rafael Nadal in two tight sets. I would say the second would be a sloppy set.

I do want to see a Murray-Nadal matchup because we haven't have that matchup since 2011!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

The negativity is well founded, Roger usually humiliates himself vs this guy even when he is playing well coming in.

Fed can hope for improvement but he isn't suddenly going to play a great match out of nowhere. Not yet