Cincinnati 2023, Ohio, US - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad Luck to Muchova today, it wasnt her day, though her new ranking of No 10 is great news, she has had soo much time off the tour with injuries, hopefully she can stay healthy

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
And don't forget Nike almost dropping Serena in early 2007. She responded by winning the Australian Open unseeded, then went on to win 5 slams in 2 years from US Open 2008-Wimbledon 2010. I call that her first awakening.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A good coach and a winning mentality is a winner..A player that needs a good coach is Alycia Parks,she has the tools to be a good player.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bad Luck to Muchova today, it wasnt her day, though her new ranking of No 10 is great news, she has had soo much time off the tour with injuries, hopefully she can stay healthy
Mucho a needs a lot of matches,to build up her consistency because she does make a lot of errors.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
One of her greatest victories. I’ll never forget the way she played that tournament, lifting herself through every round.
Yes..she was wranked 88 when she won,and went through a lot of good players like Janky,Petrova, Vaidisova,Shahar Peer,pova and others.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mucho a needs a lot of matches,to build up her consistency because she does make a lot of errors.
Yep, though she did have a good tournament, taking out Saba for the 2nd time this season, though I worry about her body at times, it breaks down, she usually has tape over parts of her body, I will be interested to see how she fares at the USO
I hope Tossip that Jess and Coco dont play doubles at the USO, though I will check when the entry list becomes available

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yep, though she did have a good tournament, taking out Saba for the 2nd time this season, though I worry about her body at times, it breaks down, she usually has tape over parts of her body, I will be interested to see how she fares at the USO
I hope Tossip that Jess and Coco dont play doubles at the USO, though I will check when the entry list becomes available
No doubles because of the nature of the Open,and the hectic nature of NY is not ideal.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No doubles because of the nature of the Open,and the hectic nature of NY is not ideal.
Agree, both players I feel should concentrate more on their singles. Both players have won WTA1000 titles, the next step is a GS title, which is no mean feat to accomplish, doubles is great for singles play, maybe as a tune up,it depends on what they both want to achieve.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Great victory for Coco, one of my favourite players, carries herself so well. She’s moved into contender class for the USO. Anything less than a Q/F will be a disappointment. Anything more than that and she’s dangerous!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I told you that Coco is going to win Wimbledon in her future...it's coming.
Well she has the game for grass, lets see what happens in 2024, on grass she has to keep an aggressive mindset, just like the HC

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well she has the game for grass, lets see what happens in 2024, on grass she has to keep an aggressive mindset, just like the faster HC
Wow..she won $1mil.. I guess she has earned the money she used to buy her parents a house this year.

Reactions: tented