Caroline Wozniacki Forum

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Caro's agent about if she will play US Open: "We will know more later this week. I can not say more right now, I'm in a plane and on my way to New York

Ash Marshall‏ @AMarshallSport 2 t.2 timer siden

Welcome home to our two-time finalist, @CaroWozniacki. Caroline hit with Antonia Lottner of Germany inside the Grandstand today. #USOpen
DlEL7CGUcAARx38.jpg

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
UPDATE 21. August
When Patrik first said how bad it was and how much pain she was in it looked like she would withdraw but then few days later he said she was a lot better and the treatment was working! She’s been training last few days so that’s a good sign

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
UPDATE 21. August
When Patrik first said how bad it was and how much pain she was in it looked like she would withdraw but then few days later he said she was a lot better and the treatment was working! She’s been training last few days so that’s a good sign

Cool. Well she's in the draw, let's hope she gets better as it goes along.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
She looks lot slimmer in the photo above than my memory of her from courts. Is it due to photoshopping?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
So, did she get TUE. If so, when is she planning to exactly start the TUE. You were mentioning that she can take it only for 10 days or something like that and she had to time it to get max bang for the buck.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
So, did she get TUE. If so, when is she planning to exactly start the TUE. You were mentioning that she can take it only for 10 days or something like that and she had to time it to get max bang for the buck.

Wait, she's getting a TUE during/right before a major??

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Well it seems - as also mentioned earlier - that her brother were a bit misinformed - here is what Caroline said about all the rumors:

"I'm in a good rhythm and I'm hitting the ball well." Caroline Wozniacki quoted by @johasger, brushes aside injury and illness worries. https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden...h-til-storebror-han-er-fejlinformeret/7280244

"I've been a bit sore everywhere, but it's better now, so there's no cause for worry.

"Patrik was misinformed. I don't know where he got his information from.

"I've had sore shoulders and pain in the one knee. But I've just drunk a lot of water, got some massage and treatment and some ice baths."

No medication?

"No,none.

"But I'm OK. Of course, I'd like to have had a few more matches, but I've played a lot of sets this week. I've played against a different sort of player every day, and I feel I've got into a good rhythm and I'm hitting the ball well.

"I think, too, the older I get, the more important it is to train properly so I feel comfortable."

What does experience mean in that connexion?

"it means a lot, because I don't get stressed out over things. It is what it is, and I just have to make the best of it. I feel very ready to play matches."

Have you reduced your expectations for this tournament?

"The most important thing is that the body holds out. The rest will follow, I'm certain of that."

Her voice is hoarse:

"My voice has been hoarse for four weeks now, but I'm feeling fine. It's just my new voice haha."

In your present situation, do you think you can fly under the radar at the US Open this year?

"Maybe, but I haven't really thought about it. I've been focused on getting my body ready and doing what I need to do to get ready for the tournament.

"No there'll be spectators, it will get loud and tense, and I love that. So I'll get into the tournament. You always just need to get going, regardless of how many matches you've played. That's the way it is with first rounds at Slams."

Is the US Open still your favourite Slam?

"Haha. Obviously, the Australian Open is ahead now I've won it. But I still think the US Open is a fantastic tournament."

You're coming here for the first time as a Slam winner. Does that mean you can relax more in your approach to the tournament?

"I've won one now. But obviously, coming here still means a lot to me. It's a very big tournament for me personally."

Still hungry?

"Yes. It won't be easy against Stosur, but I've got used to draws not being easy for me. I need to be ready from the start. Ans I hope I'm still hitting the ball well on Tuesday."

Reactions: britbox

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seems that Caroline Wozniacki is playing next season too - that might be her final season I think

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Really? Has she talked about retirement?
Well - I'll put it this way: We are many who sees signs from time to time - she's talking about her bodys time to get well, she's got a nice boyfriend and wants to start her own family and in Denmark the age of women getting their first child is a little over 29, sometimes we see lack of motivation in matches losing obvious wins, not prolonging Baijin because he wanted more years than she wanted to commit to a.s.o. So no direct call from Wozniacki but signs are there.

Ron Wise

Club Member
Reactions
Unbelievable that she lost already. Well, there goes my interest in this tournament. Why was she not ready? Maybe she and her "coach" will get it together for the Australian Open if she doesn't withdraw from it.

Ron Wise

Club Member
Reactions
Time flies indeed. Caroline is a very nice young lady, I like her.
She will always be my favorite. I am not sure who to pick when she retires. But I know it will be one who has grit and desire to be the best.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
She will always be my favorite. I am not sure who to pick when she retires. But I know it will be one who has grit and desire to be the best.

Well may I suggest Naomi Osaka who has many of the same qualities as Caroline off court and some exciting playwise on court - and some special unpredictable pressers ;)