Singapore SF: Serena Williams vs. Caroline Wozniacki

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Serena in 3. She had the day off. If she had played Friday I would say Woz finally had a chance to beat her.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
1410230805291281378_o.jpg

VERSUS
1410240536202163122_o.jpg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This will be a interesting s/final match,Caroline is in good form and has loads of confidence,especially after that tough match in which she defeated Sharapova.
Caroline has defeated Serena once in their ten previous encounters.In saying that Serena is now in a position to defend her title this year at Singapore.I am certain Serena will want to be 'on' from the start to the end of this match

Serena to win in straight sets.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
I definitely think this will be a tough match, and possibly a three-setter, but, if Serena turns in a performance like she did against Halep, it could be ugly.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
So, is the Player of the Year contest pretty much a done deal now that Sharapova and Kvitova are out?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ For me yes,Sharapova and Kvitova cannot be in the running now,both ladies being defeated before the s/final stages of the YEC.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:
After Caro handed Serena the US Open, Serena should return the favor.

I see you decided to go fishing? good bait my friend you used....;)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is going to be a hell of a fight.

Caroline is full of confidence after going 3-0 in RR and is extremely fit with the Marathon
training. Serena would not want to blow a God-given (or should I say Simona-given)
second chance.

Caroline played well in the NA hard court circuit and has the game to go toe-to-toe with
Serena, but need to improve her aggressiveness and finishing points against Serena.

I cannot predict this match. I am leaning slightly (51%) towards Caroline though.

Having said that, I think if Serena wins this match, she will lift the WTAF trophy.
Simona cannot beat her twice in the same week and Aga cannot stand the firepower.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Serena realizes how lucky she was to get this reprieve, so she will fight tooth and nail to get the win here in Singapore.

R

rartherinv

I think caro-two-point-oh will win in straights. The odds of ana and petra both failing to take the 2nd spot were so remote that, contrary to other comments, i believe serena will already be checked out mentally and late for her flight to the bahamas.

Of the 9 completed matches caro has won the first set 5 times but only won the match once. I think her new found stamina and confidence will give her the fuel to convert it this time.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
OK, folks the match is about to begin. Given that tomorrow is a holiday, I decided to
watch the match at this ungodly hour for me.

Bring on the chat to keep me awake.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Woz breaks and then consolidates, 3-0 up in first set.

It could be over quickly?:huh:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Serna shanking from both wings.

Woz leading 5-2 right now.

Serena smashes a racquet badly.

R

rartherinv

Caro is approaching the rallies like a bull and controlling it. In the past she just kept the ball in play and hope for the best. This is the new wozniacki!