Caroline Wozniacki to retire after 2020 AO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Caroline to retire after the AO , I must say I thought this would be her last year on tour,she has been troubled by injuries of late and her immune problem does not help being a tennis player.I hope she has a great retirement and we might hear the news of a pregnancy around this time next year.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Surprising that three of you managed to beat Hoergren on that news.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Surprising that three of you managed to beat Hoergren on that news.
I was not at any computer most of the day because of a funeral - well I'm both sad and also pleased that she's retiring. She has family plans and here is a little interview where she announced her decision:

A little throwback on her career

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you haven't read Carolines letter to herself - then here is the chance - pretty wise

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/e...ozniacki-wta-tennis-letter-to-my-younger-self

Especially her last words tells a lot about the person she is:

Oh, and Caroline, if you ever need a reminder of the love you’ve received, just grab that teddy bear from back in the day.

I still have it, so it will be there for you over the years.

I take it all over the world with me on my travels. Still. To this day.

And, without fail, every time I pack that bear into my travel bag, the same thing happens. I look at him, and pause for a second, and then I think of how lucky I am to have been shown so much love over the years, and I can’t help but smile.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Caroline to retire after the AO , I must say I thought this would be her last year on tour,she has been troubled by injuries of late and her immune problem does not help being a tennis player.I hope she has a great retirement and we might hear the news of a pregnancy around this time next year.
You mentioned immune problem, Rem. arthritis is that what you are referring too..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I must admit that I gave up on her and thought she will never win a slam (folks should remember that she got to #1 way too early and therefore there was lot of expectations and waiting for a big moment from her). But, she finally surprised me. I am glad that she got one before being forced to quit.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just thinking how she captured that 2018 AO. She was 1:5 and 15:40 down in the 3rd set against a croatian girl Jana Fett in a 2nd round. There is a thin line between losing early and winning it all.

She had a great career. I also tought she will never win a slam, but she was very consistent throughout the most of her career and AO 2018 win was well deserved.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
not a big surprise after her wedding, I guess she wants a baby

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The AO win came after she'd been coached by Sascha Baijin, and remember after her WTAfinal win. He put a little more power to her serve and precision, but of course it was her dad that had the most coaching. What I look back on was this tune - Sweet Caroline and here it is in full with some glimpses from her career:

And then a funny presser from AO 2011

Aga and Caro playing the newlywed game 2012

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a Danish actor, musician singing Sweet Caroline with a new text after her AO win - written and recorded in his auto camper

And for some reasons there is no sound because Michael has not the copyright BUT if you press the FACEBOOK sign AFTER you've pressed play you'll go to the sound version. Please don't share this outside Tennisfrontier.

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Best friends Caroline Wozniacki and Serena Williams are playing a farewell showmatch in Royal Arena in Copenhagen May 18th 2020
safe_image.php

safe_image.php

If you're interested you can buy tickets here ;)
https://www.royalarena.dk/event/the-final-one-2020-–-caroline-wozniacki-vs-serena-williams?fbclid=IwAR2j_4RuhiV5GB6aqMZX3-fkzU1hs0wxaHsrxKEr4NQWX7c9_4OE1wpKclk

Last edited:
Reactions: tented