Boxing

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the issue for me... it's why although I think Fury is the better fighter if something like this happens... he's not getting back up...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, just wow....

Don't know how Fury got up in the 12th from that knockdown... I thought he was out cold.

Awaiting the scorecards... but this must be Fury's fight despite being down twice.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You have to be kidding me... a draw? Two knockdown 10-8 rounds for Wilder, but Fury controlled the rest of the fight.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This was my scorecard...

1, Wilder just. Fury started to settle near the end of it but not enough for me.
2, Fury. He got the jab working and started to make Wilder look pedestrian. Great right from Deontay at the bell though
3, Fury. Made some cute combinations and generally made Wilder miss
4, Draw. Neither did enough in my opinion. Wilder missed a lot, but connected on jabs enough times to counter Fury's technical superiority
5, Fury. A couple of nice combinations. If it continues like this I would vote for Wilder on the principle the challenger needs to do more!
6, Fury. Wilder is simply being outboxed. Although it's mighty tame stuff. Hard to believe this is heavyweight boxing
7, Fury. First round where I felt Wilder really got beat up. He knew it too, he unleashed a desperate flurry which missed completely
8, Fury. Almost starting to wonder if Wilder is getting demoralised. He's literally standing there waiting to unleash that right
9, Wilder obviously. KO which I couldn't see, left hook was nothing really. Fury easily kept him at bay after
10, Fury puts on a clinic. It actually makes the previous round look lucky or silly. Is Wilder punched out?
11, Fury just. Nothing round really. Which is surprising given the stakes
12, Wilder. How the hell did Fury get up!!? Wilder is not a quality finisher. Windmill punches ffs. Punched himself out :D

You simply have to give this to Fury. On my card that's 115 - 112 in favour of Fury. The two 10 - 8 rounds made it look respectable, but even in those rounds Fury actually ended up pushing him back in the closing seconds!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm actually more confused about where Joshua fits in. I think Fury wouldn't be able to outfox AJ like this. AJ is technically sound but with power. On the other hand I'm not sure AJ is as elusive as Fury, nor do I think his chin is as good. But on the other hand I could see AJ outboxing Wilder as comprehensively and his way of doing it would be far more hurtful. I could easily see AJ beating both of them, but the opposite could happen. I think if AJ fought Wilder 10 times he wins it 6 or 7 times, the losses would be KOs

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm actually more confused about where Joshua fits in. I think Fury wouldn't be able to outfox AJ like this. AJ is technically sound but with power. On the other hand I'm not sure AJ is as elusive as Fury, nor do I think his chin is as good. But on the other hand I could see AJ outboxing Wilder as comprehensively and his way of doing it would be far more hurtful. I could easily see AJ beating both of them, but the opposite could happen. I think if AJ fought Wilder 10 times he wins it 6 or 7 times, the losses would be KOs

Yeah, the top of the heavyweight division is in good shape. I'm not sure about Joshua either. I'm on the same page on all these counts - I think he has the power to stop Wilder but is more likely to get tagged hard... This might be a case of paper, rock, scissors!

On the scorecards... I had it 114-112 - I gave Wilder the 4th that you scored a draw... but I see quite a few unofficial cards gave that to Fury also. Mayweather had hit 5-0 Fury after 5.

I'm still openmouthed how he somehow got up in the 12th... it was like watching Lazarus come back from the dead. He was literally out cold for the first couple of seconds on the count... He's probably a tad fortunate that there even was a count... and then he was winning the latter part of the round. Crazy stuff. Massive kudos to Fury for that alone.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, the top of the heavyweight division is in good shape. I'm not sure about Joshua either. I'm on the same page on all these counts - I think he has the power to stop Wilder but is more likely to get tagged hard... This might be a case of paper, rock, scissors!

On the scorecards... I had it 114-112 - I gave Wilder the 4th that you scored a draw... but I see quite a few unofficial cards gave that to Fury also. Mayweather had hit 5-0 Fury after 5.

I'm still openmouthed how he somehow got up in the 12th... it was like watching Lazarus come back from the dead. He was literally out cold for the first couple of seconds on the count... He's probably a tad fortunate that there even was a count... and then he was winning the latter part of the round. Crazy stuff. Massive kudos to Fury for that alone.
hahaha! Yes that's the perfect way to say it, rock paper scissors! That's the dilemma. Definitely match up issues

Forget Lazarus, it was like watching the Terminator reboot. Absolutely extraordinary

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
In fairness to Wilder though, I actually thought that the referee was good to Fury. He could easily have been counted out, so maybe justice was done

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the fight I would love to see. Pundits seem to rate Crawford over Spence. I would take Spence!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Spence put on a clinic. I like Garcia, but this was always going to difficult challenging Errol in his weight class...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
hmmmmm.....

Anyone watch the Khan v Crawford fight? Low blow for sure, but.... I sort of feel like Amir took the easy exit there

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
let me be clear... the punch was low. But it looked like it was to the side. If it hit any of his goods then he's a stallion

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
maybe I'm being harsh actually. Yes it was to the side, but we've all had one of those grazers. Those can fk you up too. I guess my initial reaction is that he didn't even take the 5 mins. It just felt like he didn't want any part of it. He should just retire. That was a wast of pay per view money :(

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
maybe I'm being harsh actually. Yes it was to the side, but we've all had one of those grazers. Those can fk you up too. I guess my initial reaction is that he didn't even take the 5 mins. It just felt like he didn't want any part of it. He should just retire. That was a wast of pay per view money :(

Nah mate. It's not harsh. Khan didn't want it. He took the option. Clearly a low blow, but not right on the money, he didn't take the recovery time... There isn't any doubt in my mind. Khan quit.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just catching up on boxing after a football marathon.

Joshua shocked by Ruiz... looked like he plain quit to me.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a surprise but not a shock. AJ has a suspect chin. I always felt that this type of thing was a possibility. It was the icing on a really shit sports cake I've had to eat this weekend. What's next another Dubs loss tonight? Sigh..

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting interview with Frank Warren, rumour being that Joshua got knocked out in training 10 days before the fight.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
yes I've heard this. His dad wanted the fight called off

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Sports 1
B Other Sports 24
JasonNorin Other Sports 6
Kieran Other Sports 1
britbox Other Sports 3