What's next for boxing

JasonNorin

Reactions
Now that Mayweather has already retired, do you think boxing can finally make way to other fighters that can bring much excitement to boxing fans? I have seen the Canelo - Cotto fight and it indeed lived up to its label as fight of the year. I am expecting to see the rise of less valued fighters from this point on.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Klitchco v Fury is the next big fight. Hard to get excited about it. I don't know whether it's because there's been a demographic shift in the heavyweight division and it's become dominated by less stellar Europeans, or what, but it hasn't been a great division in a long time.

Mayweather's retirement was more of a bloke going out with a whisper, not a bang. He'll probably always suffer in comparison to the titanic middleweights of the 80's, and this is largely his own fault, for choosing the easy road. I suppose it's such a brutal sport, the temptation is hard to resist.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :)

JasonNorin

Reactions
Thanks, Kieran. Yeah I agree that the heavyweight division is on a long slumber and I am really looking forward to see it rise back up. As of now, lighter weight classes dominate the scene. :)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Tyson Fury! Who woulda thunk it but he must have fought a good fight...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, his first name comes from Iron Mike, who was the marauding desperado when Fury was born. His second name is fairly cool, too. He seems to have fought a clever fight, switching from southpaw to orthodox and generally confusing the champ, who may be tempted to invoke the rematch clause, to get his title back...

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion stripped of IBF title.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 1