BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2023 - ATP Masters 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
W/ his play today he's telling us how much the #1 ranking means to him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I also tought it would be more interesting than this beatdown. So it's Alcaraz for Miami win then eh? Sunshine double looks doable, players have done it before. Who else to pick right?
I DO think the Sunshine Double is doable for young Alcaraz, especially with Novak (and Rafa) out. I WILL be doing the draw challenge, and I can't imaging I'll be picking against Alcaraz. (Not to tip my hand, LOL.)

Reactions: don_fabio

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's see how he wobbles serving it out. 40-40.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I also tought it would be more interesting than this beatdown. So it's Alcaraz for Miami win then eh? Sunshine double looks doable, players have done it before. Who else to pick right?
It's entirely possible he has a letdown of some kind next week. I mean he is human right and not a machine?

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vamos young man winning the title not dropping a set and for your reward back to the No 1 Player in the world
Congrats and Well done!
Maybe Meddy playing for 4 titles in a row was a tad too much, though I am glad he found his game again on the HCs

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's entirely possible he has a letdown of some kind next week. I mean he is human right and not a machine?
Not a machine, but he's a teenager, and they are their own breed when on a roll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
TC has taken to calling him "King Carlos." Slow down....

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Not a machine, but he's a teenager, and they are they are their own breed when on a roll.
We'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds. He did really well winning MIA last year, then went to MC and had that head scratching loss to Seb.

roberto

Futures Player
Reactions
Absolute demolition. Rafa must be thinking having another kid looks pretty good right now--au revoir a Paris--and Novak can maybe squeak out another Wimbledon due to Charlie's lack of familiarity with the surface......

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sure it is possible, just very hard to convince myself that he is going to lose next week. Maybe he is going to lose in Monte Carlo if he is playing there.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember Alcaraz is the defending champion in Miami, so he will be under pressure to perform well again,
Anyway he should celebrate his great win at IW, not dropping a set and getting back the No 1 position

Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tommy Haas mentions the equal prize money, and that Carlos becomes #1 again.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bonito tribuito al público, incluso en español. Bien hecho, Charlie!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You know I love to discuss hair:) Tommy still a handsome man, though that hair line is receding since last time I saw him at IW
Yes, but he's still got those cheekbones and that Marvel comics square jaw. And he's done a great job with IW since taking over from the prior misogynist. Talking of retired players, Juan Carlos Ferrero is still as handsome as ever, and I think is the ace-in-the-hole that Alcaraz needs. I really do think he's his "Uncle Toni."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, but he's still got those cheekbones and that Marvel comics square jaw. And he's done a great job with IW since taking over from the prior misogynist. Talking of retired players, Juan Carlos Ferrero is still as handsome as ever, and I think is the ace-in-the-hole that Alcaraz needs. I really do think he's his "Uncle Toni."
Agree about Tommy doing a good job as tournament director, Charlie could not have a better coach as in JCF, aka Uncle Toni No 2 lol!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fun Fact,
Alcaraz, 19 years and 318 days old, is bidding to become the youngest champion in Indian Wells since Boris Becker in 1987
Congratulations to Carlos ..What an awesome tournament FAA will be better in Miami and may have a chance to correct his 2nd and kick serve vs Alcaraz...We shall see..

Reactions: Fiero425