BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2022 - ATP Masters 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Never seen Rafa looking so distraught..just a damn shame he wasn't able to play his brand of tennis today but the BETTER player won today. I am assuming MC is not going to happen

It was quite odd along w/ the rants & "hands on hips' disgust during match! Maybe he should've allowed Alcaraz to win if he wasn't up for this! :lol6:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was quite odd along w/ the rants & "hands on hips' disgust during match! Maybe he should've allowed Alcaraz to win if he wasn't up for this! :lol6:
@the AntiPusher Why do you feed trolls like this? Rafa was unhappy that he couldn't compete well, but he far from gave up.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
And I don’t want Fritz to have that kind of career. While he has limitations, he definitely is not just a one time 1000 Masters champion player. Hopefully, he can truly build on this win.
Jack Sock won a master's series 1000 one year.

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's be honest, if Rafa didn't have so many heavy matches during this tournament, final would be probably a walk in a park for him. He came spent, physically and mentally and Fritz took his chances. Just think about it, Korda, Kyrgios, Alcaraz..all really hard won matches.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's be honest, if Rafa didn't have so many heavy matches during this tournament, final would be probably a walk in a park for him. He came spent, physically and mentally and Fritz took his chances. Just think about it, Korda, Kyrgios, Alcaraz..all really hard won matches.
Rafa did have a lot to fight through, and also, he's 35, and streaks end. He grows old, but not so much yet that the mermaids won't still sing to him.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I said earlier this was the toughest draw to date for Rafa; needing to come back from the dead multiple times! It finally caught up w/ him! :fearful-face: :clap:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Normally I would defend Fiero, but he dissed Tom Brady !
I am mentally exhausted…..or is it physically?
Both, plus delusional. I admire Brady, but what he does and what a tennis player does are not comparable. :)

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now he is but when Sock won, he was just as good or better than Fritz. Go check the stats.
You probably right but I remembered back in 2016 or something that Fritz was heralded as the next good American tennis player.

All I am saying is that he is too talented not to be consistent on Masters 1000 and/or Slams.

At least with Sock, Tiafoe, Isner and Opelka their limitations are pronounced therefore I don’t expect them from to have a lot of big titles.

I think if Fritz can have a career similar to Andy Roddick, then I would be happy.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Disappointing loss considering all the energy spent and the close battles Rafa had during this tournament. He was flat in the beginning and then started playing better towards the end but it was a little too late. I felt that if he had won the tiebreaker then he would have won the match...

But still, he was going to eventually lose and I guess losing an IW final is less painful than if he had lost another AO final. So it's all good. Hopefully now he will have a good rest and then have a great clay season with a RG title.

Congratulations to Fritz, it shows again how tennis is unpredictable. He won a M1000 title before tons of other much more hyped players.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Disappointing loss considering all the energy spent and the close battles Rafa had during this tournament. He was flat in the beginning and then started playing better towards the end but it was a little too late. I felt that if he had won the tiebreaker then he would have won the match...

But still, he was going to eventually lose and I guess losing an IW final is less painful than if he had lost another AO final. So it's all good. Hopefully now he will have a good rest and then have a great clay season with a RG title.

Congratulations to Fritz, it shows again how tennis is unpredictable. He won a M1000 title before tons of other much more hyped players.
I feel that Rafa takes some very good mojo from the battles of strategy won in this last week +. He's going to feel a lot better about his HC game, and now he gets a good rest. And...by a fricking LONG way winning the AO was much better than this.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I am back after having to leave for an appointment ,I watched the second set at 4 all on my phone,

I would like to congratulate Fritz for a wonderful tournament and winning his first Masters 1000 title at IW.

I would like also to congratulate Rafa and my fellow Rafa fans,it was not meant to be today for Rafa.though I am still proud of what a wonderful start to the season he has had.Rafa go rest and come back strong for the clay season!

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You probably right but I remembered back in 2016 or something that Fritz was heralded as the next good American tennis player.

All I am saying is that he is too talented not to be consistent on Masters 1000 and/or Slams.

At least with Sock, Tiafoe, Isner and Opelka their limitations are pronounced therefore I don’t expect them from to have a lot of big titles.

I think if Fritz can have a career similar to Andy Roddick, then I would be happy.

Which of the future #1's will "own" Fritz like Federer owned A-Rod? Will it be Sascha, Daniil, or Stefanos? :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :fearful-face::anxious-face-with-sweat::yawningface:

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought in all of this pre-match talk about Taylor being injured that it would be ironic if it was the young guy who pulled up lame over the battered old warrior, but so far irony has no sense of humor.
Something doesn't smell right about today. The American had discomfort a few hours before but later covered like a gazelle for over 2 hours. I NEVER seen such a miraculous recovery. I guess the American recovery skills are similar to the X-Men wolverine character.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Something doesn't smell right about today. The American had discomfort a few hours before but later covered like a gazelle for over 2 hours. I NEVER seen such a miraculous recovery. I guess the American recovery skills are similar to the X-Men wolverine character.

The same c/b said of Rafa tourney after tourney with comments on his "bad feet" and any minor soreness they can shill for the Nadal camp! :yawningface:

Reactions: atttomole

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The same c/b said of Rafa tourney after tourney with comments on his "bad feet" and any minor soreness they can shill for the Nadal camp! :yawningface:
There's was NEVER any communication that Rafa wasn't going to be able to play, whereas Fritz's appearance was in certain.