BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2021 - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am afraid I cannot watch anymore of Cljister's match she lost the 1st set 61 to Siniakova who is more of a doubles player,on the tour,and a good one at that.Kim needs to spend time with her trainer for starters.
I am going for a run,back later.
Back now...I see Kim took a set off Siniakova 62.....Siniakova wins 61 26 62.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking forward seeing the following matches on Friday,.(day 3),

Emma Raducanu who received a wild card plays her first match since she won her maiden Grand Slam title at the USO,she play Sasnovich they have never met.

Leylah Fernandez vs Alize Cornet,meets for the first time.Fernandez a R/U at the USO, defeating Osaka,Sabalanka and Svitolina to the final.

Iga Swiatek (2) whose game I think suits the courts at IW starts her campaign against Petra Martic.

Belinda Bencic (8) vs Shelby Rogers who has had a solid season and can be a "giant killer' defeating No 1 Ash Barty in the 3rd Rd at the USO.

A.Pavlyuchenkova (9) vs Madison Keys, H2H 4 all.Pavs hasn't been in her best form of late,while Madison ended a five match losing streak against Kanepi in her first rd match.

Simona Halep (11)returns to the courts after her marriage and plays Marta Kostyuk.

Jess Pegula (19) vs Sloane Stephens,first meeting,Sloane came back from a set to defeat Heather Watson in 3 sets in her first match.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Belinda Bencic (8) has withdrawn due to a knee injury.Kristina Kucova takes her spot as a Lucky Loser.
(Bencic had to retire in her match at the Chicago tournament due to her injured knee)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Swiatek (2) played well,these slower courts suit her game and spin,Martic made too many UFE,had no answer to Iga's game.Swiatek defeated Martic 61 63.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am afraid I cannot watch anymore of Cljister's match she lost the 1st set 61 to Siniakova who is more of a doubles player,on the tour,and a good one at that.Kim needs to spend time with her trainer for starters.
I am going for a run,back later.
Back now...I see Kim took a set off Siniakova 62.....Siniakova wins 61 26 62.
Kim looks like a park district player these days..but she must be happy playing tennis again.. is this her third or fourth comeback

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kim looks like a park district player these days..but she must be happy playing tennis again.. is this her third or fourth comeback
Quite frankly I think it is time she goes back home to her hubby and 3 children,play tennis at her local club,she is terribly unfit for starters.I read she is going to connect with her team ,when she gets home and plan for the future.,at this time of the year there are not many tournaments she could play.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Post USO rust showing in Emma's games,Sasnovich can be a threat when 'on'.Emma broken twice to love in the first set,taking a bathroom break.Sasnovich 6-2 1st set.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Post USO rust showing in Emma's games,Sasnovich can be a threat when 'on'.Emma broken twice to love in the first set,taking a bathroom break.Sasnovich 6-2 1st set.
Just shows how competitive and mediocre the women's game can be with a qualifier taking the USO and's now the 17th seed in a tournament! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just shows how competitive and mediocre the women's game can be with a qualifier taking the USO and's now the 17th seed in a tournament! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
These slow high bouncing courts do not suit Emma's game,also she needs to improve her defense,USO fast courts,were right in the 'hitting zone' for Emma.Have to give credit to Sasnovich she is playing well.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Scone just being Scone,can't seem to string 2 matches together at a time
Well done to Jess Pegula (19) in straight sets 62 63!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last but not least R/U at the USO Leylah Fernandez playing Alize Cornet.
BTW I cannot Stand Kevin Skinner's commentary on the WTA Tour.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Leylah putting on a tennis show,taking the ball early on top of the baseline,extremely focused.Cornet is just a spectator at this point of the match.
Leylah leads 5-0
Leylah serving for the match, 5-1,broken by Cornet with 3 good cross court deep fhands,Cornet seems to have found her range late in the 1st set.
Leylah attacking the 2nd serve of Cornet and wins the 1st set 62.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Emma's Raducanu press conference,.

"I'm still very new to the tour.Experience comes from playing week in,week out and experiencing all these different things."
"Kind of glad what happened today,happened so I can learn,take it as a lesson,so going forward I'll have more experience banked".

Very astute comments from Emma!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Trainer called for Cornet who has her right thigh strapped when she walked on court
MTO called and Cornet goes off court for treatment complained about her left leg as well
(Darn I am watching repeats of Schitts Creek I will have to put them on hold for now).
Cornet back on court with her left thigh strapped as well.Play to start for set 2.Fernandez 62 1st set

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Trainer called for Cornet who has her right thigh strapped when she walked on court
MTO called and Cornet goes off court for treatment complained about her left leg as well
(Darn I am watching repeats of Schitts Creek I will have to put them on hold for now).
Cornet back on court with her left thigh strapped as well.Play to start for set 2.Fernandez 62 1st set

Hernandez's holding up a lot better it seems! She's working Cornet! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-tears-of-joy::lol6::lulz1::fearful-face: