BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2021 - WTA 1000

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Just finished watching the last set of the final ( I could not keep my eyes open after night shift)

A hell of a match,probably one of the best WTA finals this year!

Vika served for the match,Paula found a way to defeat the 2 time champion 76 (5) 26 76 (2) in a three hour thriller.

Paula Badosa on debut,becomes the first Spainish woman to win the IW singles title.Paul defeated 4 Top 20 players in a row on route to the final,defeated 2 time champion Azarenka.Paula is projected after this win to rise to No 13 in the new rankings.

Well done to Victoria,even though she blinked when serving for the match,made Paula work hard for the win on every point.

Thank you ladies for a thrilling match!
It was the most exciting, most competitive WTA final in years. They both wanted it so badly, they brought out the best in each other right up to the very end. About halfway through the third set I kept thinking it’s a shame one of them will have to lose, but I’ll be happy for the winner and sad for the loser.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Badosa had wonderful words for Azarenka, when she was 15 years old and watching her playing she told his coach that she would love in the futre to play as well as her

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
anyone who beats Gauff at these big events wins the whole thing

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425