Beijing Open ATP 500

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
You may be onto something, herios. I would think that Serena would be good at it? Maybe some male tennis players?

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Kieran said:
Lucky you, she seems like she's a sweet lady... :)

Very polite and unassuming, she smiled when I turned my head towards her twice (as I just recognized her) as we were walking side by side. She spoke first and didn't try to avoid me, but started talking first. She was walking towards a practice court where Andy was and I was looking for something in the same direction. She reminds me of Nole's mother, in the way she speaks and the way she looks. That might be why Nole likes her so much. And she doesn't have a heavy Scottish accent, which makes a huge difference to me, as sometimes I have a hard time understanding some of our Scottish friends here in Canada.:)

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Billie said:
Kieran said:
Lucky you, she seems like she's a sweet lady... :)

Very polite and unassuming, she smiled when I turned my head towards her twice (as I just recognized her) as we were walking side by side. She spoke first and didn't try to avoid me, but started talking first. She was walking towards a practice court where Andy was and I was looking for something in the same direction. She reminds me of Nole's mother, in the way she speaks and the way she looks. That might be why Nole likes her so much. And she doesn't have a heavy Scottish accent, which makes a huge difference to me, as sometimes I have a hard time understanding some of our Scottish friends here in Canada.:)

Hey Billie, good to see you back here! Like your quote below, who's is it?

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Likewise Denis. It is Nikola Tesla, the father of modern electricity. :D

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So how safe is the year end no 1 for Novak?

He'll be up 1600-1800 points after Beijing, with 4500 points left. But I don't see Roger or Rafa being seriously threatening. Could be wrong, Federer is excellent indoors of course.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Denisovich said:
So how safe is the year end no 1 for Novak?

He'll be up 1600-1800 points after Beijing, with 4500 points left. But I don't see Roger or Rafa being seriously threatening. Could be wrong, Federer is excellent indoors of course.

If Nole wins Beijing and does really well in Shanghai then his chances of finishing #1 improve tremendously. I don't count on him going to Paris, unless Jelena gives birth before the tournament starts.

My understanding is that Nole will miss a tournament only if Jelena goes into labour and he will fly back to be there for the birth, hopefully it will happen after Shanghai when Nole is in Europe. He does not appear to be planning an extended stay with her and the baby by their side until the tennis season is over. Apparently Jelena will give birth to Nole's baby in a private clinic in Nice, where 2 months later Princess of Monaco will give birth to their twins. So the papers in Serbia say. If that is true, then Jelena is well taken care of.

2 days ago I watched a video of Jelena greeting little kids that got together for 2nd annual friendship games organized by ND Foundation. This year she couldn't be there, but she made a lovely video for them. She does look very pregnant, I won't say elephant-like, but you can tell that she is in advanced pregnancy.;)

My only wish is that everything is OK with Jelena and the baby. That's it! After that I will worry about #1 ranking.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^ Right! I forgot about that completely. Do you know when she's expecting the baby? Let's hope for good results at Shanghai and tomorrow then!!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
In about 3 weeks, Denis. Hopefully between the end of Shanghai and beginning of Paris.;)

But at this point, anything is possible.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Billie said:
In about 3 weeks, Denis. Hopefully between the end of Shanghai and beginning of Paris.;)

But at this point, anything is possible.

Thanks. Good, let's hope all goes well with the kid.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
Billie said:
What is that Kieran? Is it a show like "Dancing with the stars" in the US, where celebrities team up with professional dancers and compete?

That's it, Billie. Judy Murray is a nice gal, but she dances like she's learning to count but can't remember what comes after "1..." :laydownlaughing

I love Judy Murray. She's intense, has a great sense of humor, and is always a good sport.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
Rafa was involved in a strange dialogue about Toni during his presser. I can't copy the relevant section but you can read it in the link. The gist was, the questioner was saying that Toni has announced that he'll quit as Rafa's coach before Rafa retires from tennis.

Rafa swats this line of questioning with a down the line forehand...

Here's the part of the presser which needs to be stressed (it will be the part in bold):

Q. You don’t think it [the injury] affected the match at all?
RAFAEL NADAL: No.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Kieran said:
Rafa was involved in a strange dialogue about Toni during his presser. I can't copy the relevant section but you can read it in the link. The gist was, the questioner was saying that Toni has announced that he'll quit as Rafa's coach before Rafa retires from tennis.

Rafa swats this line of questioning with a down the line forehand...

Here's the part of the presser which needs to be stressed (it will be the part in bold):

Q. You don’t think it [the injury] affected the match at all?
RAFAEL NADAL: No.

Oh God, my eyes....my eyes!!!:lolz:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Sunday, October 05, 2014

NATIONAL TENNIS STADIUM — Start 1:00 P.M.

Jean-Julien Rojer (NED) / Horia Tecau (ROU) v [4] Julien Benneteau (FRA) / Vasek Pospisil (CAN)

Not Before 4:00 P.M.

[3] Petra Kvitova (CZE) v [4] Maria Sharapova (RUS)

Not Before 7:30 P.M.

[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) v [3] Tomas Berdych (CZE)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Novak w/ a double break out of the gates. 3-0. Can we just give him the trophy now and move to the Shanghai thread? Watching this drubbing will be painful for Berd's flock.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
What the hell, haha. A bagel first set? I wasn't watching but Murray fans must be happy with that for the sake of the WTF race.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
What the hell, haha. A bagel first set? I wasn't watching but Murray fans must be happy with that for the sake of the WTF race.

7, 8...?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Gee, I'm glad Rafa tanked to avoid this!