Beijing Open ATP 500

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Just finished watching it on a bit of a DVR delay.

Congrats to Novak. :clap

I can't imagine him not winning the tournament. Berdych? :nono Klizan? :nono

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YV5gNEkIjI[/video]

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
I can't give it up! My collection goes back to 1981 with the Beta format! All my "Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Earth: Final Conflict" recordings are still stacked up here in boxes! Got a little bit of everything! :angel:

You can get equipment to convert all of this into digital, then burn DVDs or Blu-Ray discs. Front knows a lot about it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's over? Fricking time zones. No like!

Seems routine for Novak, judging by the score. I wonder if he can defend all his autumn points this year. A win in Beijing certainly boosts his shot at YE#1...

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmFDXRL7h4I[/video]

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Novak migth skip some tournament. He said he will be with Jelena while giving a birth.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mile said:
Novak migth skip some tournament. He said he will be with Jelena while giving a birth.

So he'll miss Bercy ???

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
Mile said:

So he'll miss Bercy ???

Not sure, in april news about pregnany came. I suppose latest tournament possible. Bercy that would be.
I even think of Australian Open, but i suppose Jelena was in 2nd or 3rd month in april. Poeple often wait to confirm pregnany due to spontaneous abortion.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mile said:
isabelle said:
Mile said:

So he'll miss Bercy ???

Not sure, in april news about pregnany came. I suppose latest tournament possible. Bercy that would be.
I even think of Australian Open, but i suppose Jelena was in 2nd or 3rd month in april. Poeple often wait to confirm pregnany due to spontaneous abortion.

They expect the baby in about 3 weeks, just about the time Basel & Valencia will play, where he was not going anyway. But right after that is Paris, so I suspect he might skip that one, as it would be to soon after the event, plus if he does next week as well as he does here in Beijing, he might not need to go there.
This way he could go well rested in London.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Berdych - Klizan 6-4, 6-1.

Go Nole!!!;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Mile said:
isabelle said:
Mile said:

So he'll miss Bercy ???

They expect the baby in about 3 weeks, just about the time Basel & Valencia will play, where he was not going anyway. But right after that is Paris, so I suspect he might skip that one, as it would be to soon after the event, plus if he does next week as well as he does here in Beijing, he might not need to go there.

Rested? With a new baby? Good luck to him! :laydownlaughing

But anyway, his priority is right, and as you say, he could nail a lot of points in Beijing and Shanghai, and the play London, if he needs to...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Pavlik, please put up YouTube vids of Andy's Ma on Strictly Come Dancing! :laydownlaughing :laydownlaughing

She served more foot faults than a WTA rookie. :Lolz:

And yes, the missus loves this show so I'm stuck with it! :laydownlaughing

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
What is that Kieran? Is it a show like "Dancing with the stars" in the US, where celebrities team up with professional dancers and compete?

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
So Nole vs Berdy it is! Tomas is playing really well so Nole better be sharp if he wants to win here again.

I love seeing this:

BzHjp2tIIAApy_i.jpg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa was involved in a strange dialogue about Toni during his presser. I can't copy the relevant section but you can read it in the link. The gist was, the questioner was saying that Toni has announced that he'll quit as Rafa's coach before Rafa retires from tennis.

Rafa swats this line of questioning with a down the line forehand...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
What is that Kieran? Is it a show like "Dancing with the stars" in the US, where celebrities team up with professional dancers and compete?

That's it, Billie. Judy Murray is a nice gal, but she dances like she's learning to count but can't remember what comes after "1..." :laydownlaughing

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Kieran said:
Billie said:

That's it, Billie. Judy Murray is a nice gal, but she dances like she's learning to count but can't remember what comes after "1..." :laydownlaughing

I figured as much by the title of it. Well not everybody can dance, at least she is brave enough to try it.:) Judy is a nice lady, I talked to her this summer in Toronto.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
herios said:
Mile said:
isabelle said:
Mile said:

So he'll miss Bercy ???

Rested? With a new baby? Good luck to him! :laydownlaughing

I did not know Nole will be in charge with the nursing:snigger

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Billie said:
Kieran said:
Billie said:

I figured as much by the title of it. Well not everybody can dance, at least she is brave enough to try it.:) Judy is a nice lady, I talked to her this summer in Toronto.

Can any lady related to tennis world actually dance?
In US, both Monica Seles and Martina Navratilova got booted from the start, now Judy Murray seems she is not good either.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
Kieran said:
Billie said:

Lucky you, she seems like she's a sweet lady... :)