3. Stefanos Tsitsipas
4. Karen Khachanov
5. Roberto Bautista Agut
6. Fabio Fognini
7. Gael Monfils
8. Matteo Berrettini

Diamond-Court.jpg

The Tournament:

The Beijing Olympic Green Tennis Center, built for the 2008 Olympic Games, is the venue for the China Open. In 2011, the centre expanded to 11 courts. The venue also boasts a 15,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof, named the Diamond Court due to its likeness. The tennis centre employs space-age air-cooling technology to benefit players and spectators.

About Beijing:

Beijing, China’s massive capital, has history stretching back three millennia. Yet it’s known as much for its modern architecture as its ancient sites such as the grand Forbidden City complex, the imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties. Nearby, the massive Tiananmen Square pedestrian plaza is the site of Mao Zedong’s mausoleum and the National Museum of China, displaying a vast collection of cultural relics.

800px-Beijing_montage_1.png

Tourism Guide:

Reactions: britbox and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some very interesting first round matches here. Murray v. Berrettini (surely they've never played,) Rublev v. Dimitrov, Tiafoe v. Zverev, maybe Lajovic v. Tsitsipas.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It's a good thing Nole decided to play Japan; China's a monster with players fit for a high end Masters! Coric being the 2nd seed behind Djokovic should be just a little bit of a test as he shouldn't exert himself too much on his comeback! Not sure he should test himself in Shanghai so soon either; maybe warm up in Vienna before, then finish with Paris & WTF/YEC! :whistle: :yesyes: :p :rolleyes: :sick:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
hopefully thiem does well he's the top seed and been struggling lately but proved he can win big titles on hard courts by winning Indian wells he has most wins over the big 3 this year [4].

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I thought the same when I saw it. Seems also like a stronger field is here than in Japan.

Nole would be stressing from his 1st match on to accumulate wins and points to finish off this season if he hadn't changed events! China's had Nadovic at the same time in the past, but the "also ran" players weren't as tough as this tournament IMO! This is some "finishing kick" by the NG'rs who see they have a chance to make a real mark before the season is over I guess! I hope they're not overdoing it; the WD's & injuries are mounting for these kids! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The field in Beijing 500 had always been stronger than the Tokyo 500. This is because there is a 250 before Beijing and there is a 1000 after Beijing in China and so people prefer to come here and stay put. Even if someone is not staying for all three weeks and only two, they will be in this tourney as it is in the middle.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Matteo has to learn how to play the big points better. I look forward to seeing his level mature

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Andy murray won I'm getting carried away here but if he was to have good end to the season it would makes things even better for the Australia open, with pain free murray 2020 season maybe getting back to a good level.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Andy murray won I'm getting carried away here but if he was to have good end to the season it would makes things even better for the Australia open, with pain free murray 2020 season maybe getting back to a good level.

And it's in big part thanks to the amazing Nadal because of how he let Murray train at his Academy, also invited him to play in the Rafa Nadal Open, etc. :clap: Nadal basically helped Murray get back on his feet, giving him a path to build a comeback and it's starting to pay off for Murray... :good:

I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal also is the one who made all the arrangements for Murray's surgery and made it all possible! B-) Nadal is truly a class act. :clap:

Reactions: Andy22

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
And it's in big part thanks to the amazing Nadal because of how he let Murray train at his Academy, also invited him to play in the Rafa Nadal Open, etc. :clap: Nadal basically helped Murray get back on his feet, giving him a path to build a comeback and it's starting to pay off for Murray... :good:

I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal also is the one who made all the arrangements for Murray's surgery and made it all possible! B-) Nadal is truly a class act. :clap:

Sun rising today is also largely due to the amazing Nadal.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t see it, did you? I am surprised, though, since I didn’t think Andy was already in position to beat someone ranked in the Top 15.
If he gets back to any kind of real form, he's going to be a dangerous floater, a la JMDP during his last comeback...like when Novak had to play him first round at the Olympics.

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t see it, did you? I am surprised, though, since I didn’t think Andy was already in position to beat someone ranked in the Top 15.

I caught the first two games of the TC replay this morning, will watch the rest later

I’m Surprised he defeated a top 20 player too

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions

Yea your right Nadal single handle saved Murray career if he goes on wins Wimbledon in 2021 it's all because, of Nadal. He's truly a great man off court, to think Nadal now coached Federer back into form+ saved Murray career true hero of tennis. I don't for sure Nadal could have been the one to get Murray surgery under way?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
If he gets back to any kind of real form, he's going to be a dangerous floater, a la JMDP during his last comeback...like when Novak had to play him first round at the Olympics.

He's said he's set a deadline of 5 months to beat the very best or he'll retire for good. We'll see if he sticks to that or extends the 5 months. Should at least play Wimbledon and Queens cos 5 months doesn't give him much in the way of events to play.