Australian Open 2024 SF: Djokovic vs. Sinner

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Impressive win by Sinner. He's been having an amazing run since late last year. Into his first final of a Major, and I like his chances for the win. He already beat Novak, after all.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NID result. I'm actually stunned that Pushovic managed to win a set. I was afraid that Sinner would choke away the match like at Wimbledon but he has improved so much since then, he is leaps and bounds better than Djokovic. Djokovic couldn't match Margaret Court's 11 titles here, he isn't even the greatest champion the AO tournament has ever seen. lol Anyways best of luck Sinner in the final, and thank you for saving tennis!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I didn't want to bring up this parallel until after the match was completed but check this:
Coco led the series 4-2 against Saba, and had won the last final they played, but lost in the SF.
Djoke led the series 4-2 against Bean and had won the last final they played, but also lost in the SF

tented

Administrator
Reactions
By the way guys, Jannik Sinner has now beaten Djokovic, Alcaraz and Medvedev at least 3 times in his young career. 7 of those wins came since October!
IMG_5668.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The most pleasing stat for me is Sinners serve did not get broken in the match, didnt face a BP............Unbelievable!
Exactly...against the so-called best returner in men's tennis. (I still think it's Rafa.)

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner in this tournament has been calm, cool and business like demeanor. Like you could tell in his face that he won’t go too low or too high in terms of showing energy and emotion.

I am very curious to see on how a 1st Slam title will do wonders on Sinner’s career!

Reactions: tented and Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The most pleasing stat for me is Sinners serve did not get broken in the match, didnt face a BP............Unbelievable!
I still can't believe Sinnetl didn't offer a single BP. He must have been playing out of his mind to leave Djokovic without a single BP. How about a break of serve? Not even close.

At least Novak will have no regrets at all, he simply got outplayed today.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm interested how did Novak behave today? Any angry outbursts and frustrations? Any broken rackets? Lenghty toilet breaks? MTOs?

Or did he look like he just accepted the fact that he was in for some ass whoopin' today and there was no way out of it this time?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm interested how did Novak behave today? Any angry outbursts and frustrations? Any broken rackets? Lenghty toilet breaks? MTOs?

Or did he look like he just accepted the fact that he was in for some ass whoopin' today and there was no way out of it this time?
The latter. He didn't even the take the toilet break after the 2nd set that Kelli and all of the McEnroes predicted. Subdued, and sub-par.