'24 Monte-Carlo Masters, MC Country Club

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Monte Carlo Masters being held at the Monte Carlo Country Club in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, France (though billed as Monte Carlo, Monaco)

The Monte Carlo Masters begins Monday with Novak Djokovic as #1 Seed & #3 Carlos Alcaraz in his Half! The draw is very impressive with 8 seeds able to win the title; esp. the defending champion #6 Andrey Rublev in ND's quarter! #2 Jannik Sinner has #7 Holger Rune in his quarter & #4 Daniil Medvedev in the Half! Wiki notes Novak needs his 3rd title to complete a Triple Golden Masters! :fearful-face: :yawningface: :astonished-face::angry-face:

- Monte Carlo Draw - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Monte-Carlo_Masters_–_Singles#Finals

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Monte-Carlo_Masters_–_Singles

Seeds​

The top eight seeds received a bye into the second round.

- 1. Serbia Novak Djokovic
- 2. Italy Jannik Sinner
- 3. Spain Carlos Alcaraz
23px-Flag_placeholder.svg.png
Daniil Medvedev
- 5. Germany Alexander Zverev
Andrey Rublev
- 7. Denmark Holger Rune
- 8. Norway Casper Ruud
- 9. Bulgaria Grigor Dimitrov
10. Poland Hubert Hurkacz
11. Australia Alex de Minaur
12. Greece Stefanos Tsitsipas
13. United States Taylor Fritz (first round)
14. France Ugo Humbert
Karen Khachanov
16. Kazakhstan Alexander Bublik (first round)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Monte Carlo Update,
IN: Diaz Acosta ( LL will play against Bautista Agut)
Altmaier ( LL, will play against F.Cerundolo)

All Qualifers and LL placed in the draw at Monte Carlo
Luca Nardi, on a 7 match winning streal, will face FAA, with the winner facing Alcaraz in the 2nd round, ( I noticed Alcaraz in practice with a bandage on his right arm, maybe just a precaution, as it didnt effect his serve or ground strokes in practice)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Porjected QFs by seedings,

(1) Djokovic vs Rublev (6)
(3) Alcaraz vs Rudd (8)
(5) Zverev vs Medvedev (4)
(2) Sinner vs Rune (2)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
1st round fun match ups,

Wawrinka vs De Minaur
Hurkacz vs Draper
Kachanov vs Norrie
Berrettini vs Kecmanovic
Korda vs Davidovich

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don Fabio,
Do you know if Nenad Zimonjic is going to be Djokovic's full time coach? I am hearing different reports?
I remember seeing him at Sydney Tournament many years ago, a big unit, but a real softie off the court., great doubles player
Thanks.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don Fabio,
Do you know if Nenad Zimonjic is going to be Djokovic's full time coach? I am hearing different reports?
I remember seeing him at Sydney Tournament many years ago, a big unit, but a real softie off the court., great doubles player
Thanks.
As far as I know, Zimonjic (niknamed Ziki) is going to be Novak's main coach.

Goran gave an exclusive interview last week to Sasa Ozmo. They talked for almost 2 hours, about the split with Novak, what they achieved and all that. Fantastic interview I must say, but it is avaliable on my native language only. Goran said Ziki is a perfect match for Novak at this point in his career. They know each other well which is very important, they won Davis Cup together. Also because of the mentality. Goran believes Novak will definitely have one more surge. Said their preparation off season was totally different than all other preps they did before. Said Novak was affected by that loss in Davis Cup to Sinner when he had match points. Lacked motivation in off season, Novak needed a lot off people around him in gym to get through workouts. It's hard to keep going day in day out for so many years he says.

What else Goran said, ermm, most painful losses where USO 20 default and Wimbledon 23 against Alcaraz. They felt in USO 23 they had enough, so this split was cooking for a while now. Goran will enjoy the summer and will not take anyone before September.

He also spoke about new guys, had a lot praise for Sinner and Alcaraz. Said Tsitsipas is kind of not important anymore. Praised Medvedev too. Mentioned Rune and said that he is changing coaches too often and that he is a little bit disappointed in him the way his career is going at the moment.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As far as I know, Zimonjic (niknamed Ziki) is going to be Novak's main coach.

Goran gave an exclusive interview last week to Sasa Ozmo. They talked for almost 2 hours, about the split with Novak, what they achieved and all that. Fantastic interview I must say, but it is avaliable on my native language only. Goran said Ziki is a perfect match for Novak at this point in his career. They know each other well which is very important, they won Davis Cup together. Also because of the mentality. Goran believes Novak will definitely have one more surge. Said their preparation off season was totally different than all other preps they did before. Said Novak was affected by that loss in Davis Cup to Sinner when he had match points. Lacked motivation in off season, Novak needed a lot off people around him in gym to get through workouts. It's hard to keep going day in day out for so many years he says.

What else Goran said, ermm, most painful losses where USO 20 default and Wimbledon 23 against Alcaraz. They felt in USO 23 they had enough, so this split was cooking for a while now. Goran will enjoy the summer and will not take anyone before September.

He also spoke about new guys, had a lot praise for Sinner and Alcaraz. Said Tsitsipas is kind of not important anymore. Praised Medvedev too. Mentioned Rune and said that he is changing coaches too often and that he is a little bit disappointed in him the way his career is going at the moment.
Thanks, I saw the interview he gave to Sasa Ozmo, though it was not in English sad to say.Yes I believe Ziki and Novak will be a good fit,playing and winning DC together.Lets see what the new partnership holds in 2024.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not surprised, ( watched his practice session his right arm bandaged)
Carlos Alcaraz has withdrawn from MC,
He's dealing with an muscle injury in his right arm, the correct medical term is Pronator Teres, tennis players are predisposed to this injury, also rowers, weight lifters, carpenters.
Sonego will take Alcaraz place ( LL, gets a first round bye, will play FAA)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak looked sharp today, but Safiullin also never pushed him and made a fight out of it. Rather underwhelming matches on CC today, all straight sets easy wins. Musetti will be a good test for Novak, but I feel a revenge is coming for the last year loss here. edit: I see Musetti still needs to win against Fils!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Musetti is absolutely on fire against Fils. What a joy to see him play like this on clay.
Lorenzo seems to 'wake up' when he plays on clay for some unknown reason lol!, clay allows him to have time on his shots, especially his bhand

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
News just in,
Alcaraz will return to practice later this week, at Ferrero's Academy to access whether he will be fit enough to play at Barcelona next week, he is the defending champion ( source Marca)

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really Lorenzo? served twice for the match against Fils and broken both times back on serve, 2nd set 5 all
Svegliati Lorenzo!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Musetti is absolutely on fire against Fils. What a joy to see him play like this on clay.

Just heard Carlos' out! Not surprising really! I keep telling you guys, these players are very good, but the speed of the game w/ a need to pound every single shot will take its toll! I wouldn't even try to play the game as it is now! Most don't understand, even if a player has "deft touch," that takes a toll on the arm as well! You're taking the heat out of a ball & w/ control needed & strength to accomplish it, we're going to see a lot more of this! Back in the day it was about "tennis elbow" due to inferior equipment & bad technique! W/ old wood rackets, it took years to become proficient in the game! W/ new rackets, players can be tournament worthy w/i months! Alcaraz is a great player, but his head has gotten inflated w/ the adulation he gets for fantastic shot-making! He needs to really pull back sometime; let it go and say "good shot!" Today's players will never have the longevity of the Big 3 as the competition is tough out there! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :angry-face: :yawningface: