'24 Monte-Carlo Masters, MC Country Club

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay 3 times proves it Lorenzo lets serve this match out now! honestly you are running out of chances!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally Musetti d Fils 63 75, you were playing well until you left Fils back in the match in the 2nd set, and lucky you had 3 chances to serve the match out
Oh well you get to play Novak again in the round of 16 :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wednesday April 10,
Interesting match ups,
Rublev (6) defending champion vs A.Popyrin
Medvedev (4) vs Monfls (WC)
Rune (7) vs Nagel (Q)
Ruud (8) vs Tabilo
Sinner (2) vs S.Korda

Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally Musetti d Fils 63 75, you were playing well until you left Fils back in the match in the 2nd set, and lucky you had 3 chances to serve the match out
Oh well you get to play Novak again in the round of 16 :)
It was a good fight until the very end. Musetti blinked twice, but he was feeling the ball great against Fils tonight and deserved the win. Will be interesting to see him against Novak.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a good fight until the very end. Musetti blinked twice, but he was feeling the ball great against Fils tonight and deserved the win. Will be interesting to see him against Novak.
Well he wont have the chances he did against Fils, in his next match against Novak that is certain, lets see how he fares.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well he wont have the chances he did against Fils, in his next match against Novak that is certain, lets see how he fares.
I just finished watching Novak’s match against Roman. His forehand was outstanding. He was using it down the line (with success) more than I’ve seen in some time. His footwork/positioning was excellent. He wasn’t off balance and flailing at shots. Coaching wise, it was nice to see Nenad up front and the other two back behind him - and silent.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just finished watch Novak’s match against Roman. His forehand was outstanding. He was using it down the line (with success) more than I’ve seen in some time. His footwork/positioning was excellent. He wasn’t off balance and flailing at shots. Coaching wise, it was nice to see Nenad up front and the other two back behind him - and silent.
It was his first match and Roman didnt offer much ( as I just finished watching the match) I personally feel Nenad and Novak will be a good fit, I met him years ago at a Sydney tournament when he was playing doubles, a big unit, I must say, a really nice guy to talk to.
As I said to Don Fabio, Lorenzo wont have the chances, against Novak, like he did in his match today against Fils.

Reactions: nehmeth

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Rublev lost his match so there's going to be a new winner of the tournament this year...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
After being broken in his first service game, Stefanos has powered his way to a 5-1 lead in the first set. Etch-o-sketch is no slouch, so there could be a few twists and turns before this one is over. I would like very much to see Tsi, put this away in a quick 2 sets.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
After being broken in his first service game, Stefanos has powered his way to a 5-1 lead in the first set. Etch-o-sketch is no slouch, so there could be a few twists and turns before this one is over. I would like very much to see Tsi, put this away in a quick 2 sets.
Greek mostly plays good in MC. Next round against Zverev will be a real test for him.

Reactions: nehmeth

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev lost his match so there's going to be a new winner of the tournament this year...
Ever since that incident in Doha/Dubai, I don't remember where exactly, he can't beat a fly.

Reactions: kskate2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meddy lost his temper against Monfils over some wrong calls in 2 consecutive points. Hawk eye on clay will be a good change, like it or not. No more arguing with umpires and matches changing momentum because of that.

Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meddy comes back and wins in straight sets. Le Monf making too many errors. Meddy wrote on camera: in or out?? :lulz1:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
While we are in a rain delay, I was impressed with the level shown from Jannik in his first round match, I thought Korda would have put up more of a fight, after his first round win.