12. Paolini
20. Kostyuk
65. Krueger
71. Carle
89. Bouzas Maneiro

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Camila Giorgi is now listed as officially retired on the ITIA website, date of retirement May 7th. Her last match was against Swiatek in Miami
Camila had 4 career titles.There was no official retirement message from Giorgi went quietly.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nikola Bartunkova, 18 year old from Czechia has been provisionally suspended under Tennis Anti Doping Programe.
Trimetazodone which helps with endurance in physical activity ( heart/ medication/drug)
Nikola played RG and Wimbledon juniors made the final., plays attacking tennis, a young talent, sad to see.

• Sad

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty low key retirement. I thought Garbine would win half-dozen majors. Maybe a bit harsh for a two-time major winner, but a classic underachiever.
She reminds me a bit of the great Marat Safin--he "only" won two majors as well. They were both good enough to win quite a few more but had lots of distractions (in his case), and she had some injuries.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Told ya, she needed to dump him a long time ago.
Badosa will be with someone soon.I think she is that type of girl who has to be in a relationship to feel good.She moved like wifi from her ex to Tsitsipas and might go to another man soon .

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Badosa will be with someone soon.I think she is that type of girl who has to be in a relationship to feel good.She moved like wifi from her ex to Tsitsipas and might go to another man soon .
Gurlfriend needs to take a breath between drinks and chill. Get her mojo back and actually look like a top 10 player on the court again.

Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She reminds me a bit of the great Marat Safin--he "only" won two majors as well. They were both good enough to win quite a few more but had lots of distractions (in his case), and she had some injuries.
She had her fair share of distractions as well Murat. She went through periods of not having the motivation. I'll never forget, during the WTA on court coaching they had before, she was on court at Miami I think shouting at her coach about how much she didn't want to be out there (pretty sure she was top 15 then).

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Pretty low key retirement. I thought Garbine would win half-dozen majors. Maybe a bit harsh for a two-time major winner, but a classic underachiever.
The writing was on the wall right after she met her now husband. They met when she was at the USO and she pretty much lost whatever interest she had left for tennis.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Camila Giorgi is now listed as officially retired on the ITIA website, date of retirement May 7th. Her last match was against Swiatek in Miami
Camila had 4 career titles.There was no official retirement message from Giorgi went quietly.
So there's some news on this as reported by Brett Haber (Tennis Channel all things Gossip Centrale). Brett says the Italian government asked for Camila to appear in court because of tax fraud allegations. Apparently she hasn't been reporting her income properly and she and her family have left Italy and are on the run. Maybe even thinks she's in the U.S. She was supposed to appear last month for allegations she falsified her vaccine card back during the pandemic. Really not sure why she has so many issues w/ the law.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So there's some news on this as reported by Brett Haber (Tennis Channel all things Gossip Centrale). Brett says the Italian government asked for Camila to appear in court because of tax fraud allegations. Apparently she hasn't been reporting her income properly and she and her family have left Italy and are on the run. Maybe even thinks she's in the U.S. She was supposed to appear last month for allegations she falsified her vaccine card back during the pandemic. Really not sure why she has so many issues w/ the law.
I also read I dont know if this is true or not, the WTA tried to get in touch with Camila and apparently the family have disconnected their phone and no one knows where the family is? so Haber may be correct?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I have gossip on Badosa which has been going around
Apparently Badosa was close to retirement earlier this year, as back problem was not getting better, she still has to get injections in her back
At the same time Stef's game had gone down the toilet,she also wanted him to retire, she wants to get pregnant, so she said to Stef lets both retire, then Stef won a big tournament ( MC) and he was the one that dumped her. Remember when she had that model BF she also wanted to get married and have kids he dumped her as well ?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Okay I have gossip on Badosa which has been going around
Apparently Badosa was close to retirement earlier this year, as back problem was not getting better, she still has to get injections in her back
At the same time Stef's game had gone down the toilet,she also wanted him to retire, she wants to get pregnant, so she said to Stef lets both retire, then Stef won a big tournament ( MC) and he was the one that dumped her. Remember when she had that model BF she also wanted to get married and have kids he dumped her as well ?
She better stop being needy and learn to stand alone.She better start with her career and be an independent woman.She should aspire to be a great player and will attract great man .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She better stop being needy and learn to stand alone.She better start with her career and be an independent woman.She should aspire to be a great player and will attract great man .
Sad to say Tossip there are a lot of needy woman in the world, that need a man sometimes to prop them up, or they cant stand to be alone, tennis is such an indvivdual sport, she is lucky to be able to play at this level in her chosen sport for starters.

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally some good news from Karolina Muchova she is back practicing after undergoing wrist surgery earlier this year.
The 2023 finalist at Roland Garros, Muchova who upset Sakkari and Sabalenka along the way to her first major final last year has been sidelined since losing to Coco Gauff at last year's USO. with a recurring wrist problem, including her withdrawal from the AO in January and her surgery the next month.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did anyone see Kenin cussing out the umpire and got no reprimand.I don't understand why she is so angry and miserable.
That was in her first round match, she did use a four letter word, something about the conditions, not 100% why she was complaining

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That was in her first round match, she did use a four letter word, something about the conditions, not 100% why she was complaining
Yes..but that was not necessary to use such expletives.That is a miserable child or is depressed.