Administrator
Reactions
Who wins?

IMG_3021.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm giving Rublev a set. He hasn't proven his mettle in the bigger moments, but he's not new to them, and Novak has the pressure. The Russian has to have a good serving day, though.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I demand EL Dude shouts us French Vintage Champagne at TF if Rublev wins ( who he has a soft spot for )
Back to reality Novak in 4 sets.!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak will beat him and tell him he has possess a better head of hair than Rublev

• Haha
Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Seriously if Novak could have picked anyone to face in the qtrs it would have been the big hair Dude..this is the match where Novak can give him 0-2 lead in sets and still wipe him out in the NEXT 3sets easily

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seriously if Novak could have picked anyone to face in the qtrs it would have been the big hair Dude..this is the match where Novak can give him 0-2 lead in sets and still wipe him out in the NEXT 3sets easily
Agree. The best possible match up for him at this stage of the tournament. He said after the the match with Hurkacz that he doesn't remember ever feeling more miserable on his return games. I think it pretty much sums up the match. Rublev has nothing to make Novak worried, in fact it will be a perfect warm up for the semis against most likely Sinner.

I feel like Novak's trouble is going to be in the final this year. Whoever he meets there, Medvedev, Alcaraz or Rune, none of them will bend down.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel like Novak's trouble is going to be in the final this year. Whoever he meets there, Medvedev, Alcaraz or Rune, none of them will bend down.

Where they might bow down could be in the physical department, like Carlos in Paris. Certainly, he didn’t bend mentally, and Novak didn’t run him into the ground so well that he cramped, but emotionally he got overcome by the occasion and it manifested itself physically. This could happen - but then the opposite could happen too, which is the Becker effect. A young buck who plays without fear or even evident awareness of how big the occasion is..

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Where they might bow down could be in the physical department, like Carlos in Paris. Certainly, he didn’t bend mentally, and Novak didn’t run him into the ground so well that he cramped, but emotionally he got overcome by the occasion and it manifested itself physically. This could happen - but then the opposite could happen too, which is the Becker effect. A young buck who plays without fear or even evident awareness of how big the occasion is..
I agree. Before the tournament started Novak looked as a heavy favorite to win and he still is a favorite, but something tells me it won't be a walk in the park either this year. Novak could lose even if it looks like probability is very low (it just won't happen against Rublev).

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree. Before the tournament started Novak looked as a heavy favorite to win and he still is a favorite, but something tells me it won't be a walk in the park either this year. Novak could lose even if it looks like probability is very low (it just won't happen against Rublev).
I think if he’s to lose before the final it’s going to be Sinner who beats him, but that depends on a lot of factors. Last years match between them doesn’t really indicate that Sinner can get into the same position again. But he can take heart from it..

Reactions: don_fabio

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I’ll be surprised if Novak doesn’t beat Rublev in straight sets. Maybe one tiebreak. From the SF on, it could get trickier, but my money is still on Novak to win the title. The way he took down Wawrinka, and upped his game at just the right moments against Hurkacz tell me he’s where he needs to be to win the whole thing.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Huge hold there from Hair Dude. 3-3

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev draws first blood. Will serve for first set, 5-4.