Administrator
Reactions
Who wins?

IMG_3037.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic in 4 sets. I am just hoping it is a competitive match and hopefully Sinner gains experience in this slam match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Quote from Jannik,
"Playing the first SF against a 23 times GS winner on CC will be a great honor. You train a lifetime for matches like this".

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Jannik will be typical in his effort and he’ll try to push Novak, but this year Novak is ready and will beat him in straights..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner will cook pasta the night before he plays Novak ( via the Tennis Letter)

"I will cook on the night because this is what we've always done. Pasta and tomato sauce. Lets not change"

Gee Jannik that sounds a tad bland,, I know carbs are good the night before the match, you could add some protein like seafood or at least some good, grated pecorino cheese on top :)

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Cahill wil have him ready. Will he be able to execute is the question
Excellent point AP. Darren will have him ready. He and Novak have been hitting partners, they know each other’s games. Who will contain their nerves, who will execute… I think the outcome isn’t going to be as straightforward as some may think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In a way, that what makes Sinner special. Obviously, he is not as talented as Alcaraz and Djokovic, but those two players respect Sinner's ability and talent. It is why I am hoping and praying that one day he figures it out altogether.
I really dislike it when folks say that one great player is not "as talented" as another. Talent is many things. Sinner has always had raw talent, which we've seen in him for many years, already. Same as Alcaraz. Novak was an early talent, but it took time to sort it out, and the health issues, or whatever. "Talent," if you will, is also tennis IQ. It's also fostered by hard work and dedication. It's also the instinct and will to win. To say again, "talent" is many things.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I really dislike it when folks say that one great player is not "as talented" as another. Talent is many things. Sinner has always had raw talent, which we've seen in him for many years, already. Same as Alcaraz. Novak was an early talent, but it took time to sort it out, and the health issues, or whatever. "Talent," if you will, is also tennis IQ. It's also fostered by hard work and dedication. It's also the instinct and will to win. To say again, "talent" is many things.
Agree, Sinner does have 'raw talent' that is why I was thrilled when Darren Cahill took over as his coach, if there is one coach in the tour that can bring out the best in a player, it is Killer Cahill, Darren would not take on any player that did not have a 'good work ethic' for starters, he has already said he admires the work ethic of Sinner, all players progress at their own pace.As a long time fan, I am excited to see his progress in the present and in the future

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The one tell I have noticed with Novak's serve is when he is behind or stressed on his service, he typically goes up the T or down the T depending on how u want to classify it..

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup. As they say, you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs or you can't last 5 sets without sitting in some eggs. Can't recall the exact saying.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yup. As they say, you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs or you can't last 5 sets without sitting in some eggs. Can't recall the exact saying.
Good to see you, Front! You pulling for Meddie to win the whole thing?

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nikki Pilic, a player from the 70’s ( his cause célebre was why the top men boycotted 73 Wimbledon) once said of talent; “ Talent is also having a gift and through hard work and dedication making your gift even better, that is real natural talent: to care enough”

• Love
Reactions: Moxie