Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rublev in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m surprised Novak didn’t break back, but well done to Rublev.
He tried, but Rublev played some powerful shots, on 30:30 just below Nole's legs, too strong to control the ball.

Let's see how Novak responds.

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He tried, but Rublev played some powerful shots, on 30:30 just below Nole's legs, too strong to control the ball.

Let's see how Novak responds.
He responds by breaking Rublev straight away.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've only watched last five games or so, but this match really illustrates what happens when a very good player faces one of the best over. Rublev is making some great shots and not really doing anything wrong, as far as I can tell, but Novak just pulls out these ridiculous shots on a whim. It almost seems unfair.

(I got excited when I checked the score and saw Rublev had taken the first set, but...Novak being Novak).

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Really ESPN! They are so busy blabbing and being cheerleaders they cannot help themselves. All they can talk about is Novak's quest for the calendar slam again. That would be more appropriate once he gets to the final, not in the middle of this match that isn't over yet. :facepalm:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Really ESPN! They are so busy blabbing and being cheerleaders they cannot help themselves. All they can talk about is Novak's quest for the calendar slam again. That would be more appropriate once he gets to the final, not in the middle of this match that isn't over yet. :facepalm:
I agree with you, but it’s relevant because he won the first two slams and he is expected to reach the finals.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, he DID do it! First set to Rublev.
Novak has taken the big haired dude to the deepest part of the Atlantic.. let's see if he is able to swim back or will be resigned to the fact he will be a bridesmaid/ Novak's prison sweetie.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I agree with you, but it’s relevant because he won the first two slams and he is expected to reach the finals.
Expectation is why he came up short in NY the first time. Let's discuss it when he reaches the final and not before, especially not during a match. They have all kind of studio time where they can wax poetic, but they wait until match time to talk incessantly during the points.

Reactions: Moxie