El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If Shelton plays at 10% of his power he will be able to win. :rose:
1694175545449.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was watching via video Novak doing his warm up against Goran Invanisevic, his coach and a lefty, session went for 1 hour and both players were soaked in sweat.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Any news on Ben’s hamstring?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Any news on Ben’s hamstring?
No, I was listening to this podcast with Andy Roddick and he was talking to Bens dad, about the tactics Ben should use, he said Ben cant get into long rallies with Novak, he has to try to hit through him, come to the net, mix it up, dont allow Novak to settle on the baseline, good tactics for Ben, a tall order, no mention of Bens hamstring, though apparently there is a video of Bens warm up, which I am trying to find.

Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was watching via video Novak doing his warm up against Goran Invanisevic, his coach and a lefty, session went for 1 hour and both players were soaked in sweat.
It's very hot and humid and heavy here today. I don't know why the men are starting at 3pm today, when the women's SFs were both night session yesterday. Unless they're trying to make up for Djokovic's easy draw. :lol6:

Thunderstorms supposed to come in around 3pm, so I wonder if they'll just close the roof from the beginning, in anticipation? Also supposed to last past 7pm, which should be the start time for the Alcaraz match. Anyone know what the roof rule is for the USOpen? If they start the Alcaraz match with the roof closed, does it stay closed?

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's very hot and humid and heavy here today. I don't know why the men are starting at 3pm today, when the women's SFs were both night session yesterday. Unless they're trying to make up for Djokovic's easy draw. :lol6:

Thunderstorms supposed to come in around 3pm, so I wonder if they'll just close the roof from the beginning, in anticipation? Also supposed to last past 7pm, which should be the start time for the Alcaraz match. Anyone know what the roof rule is for the USOpen? If they start the Alcaraz match with the roof closed, does it stay closed?
Dont you think for Majors there should be one rule when they closed the roof it stays closed? isnt that the rule at Wimbledon? I hope they check bags for anyone coming into the stadium they dont have glue in their bags btw. :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dont you think for Majors there should be one rule when they closed the roof it stays closed? isnt that the rule at Wimbledon? I hope they check bags for anyone coming into the stadium they dont have glue in their bags btw. :)
Not every rule is standard across the Majors, and they keep changing them, anyway. As to bags, they do check them when you come in. I guess they weren't looking for glue until today, but I bet the bag inspections took longer today.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah Wimbledon has a stupid rule vis the roof. It’s an outdoor tourney, how about they try play it outdoors?

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Any last minute predictions?
Yeah I’ll be drunk in about 13 minutes and 45 seconds, but I’ll endure, don’t worry about me. Tall horse for the long course!

Enjoy the tennis!