• Poll closed .

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_3962.jpeg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
My real feeling is that it’s Djokers to lose. Rumbles of a hamstring problem for Shelton don’t help him. Only Novak in history has been able to overcome the worst of hamstring injuries to be able to play as if it didn’t matter. If Shelton is fit and swings as freely as the newborn calf he is, then at least he had the potential to make the match interesting. He has absolutely nothing to lose. He should enjoy himself.

Novak has little to lose either, in terms of his reputation, and he’s the most experienced player at this level in history, so he’ll definitely enjoy himself.

He’ll unlock the kid early, and unravel him neatly..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My real feeling is that it’s Djokers to lose. Rumbles of a hamstring problem for Shelton don’t help him. Only Novak in history has been able to overcome the worst of hamstring injuries to be able to play as if it didn’t matter. If Shelton is fit and swings as freely as the newborn calf he is, then at least he had the potential to make the match interesting. He has absolutely nothing to lose. He should enjoy himself.

Novak has little to lose either, in terms of his reputation, and he’s the most experienced player at this level in history, so he’ll definitely enjoy himself.

He’ll unlock the kid early, and unravel him neatly..
Hamstring may give Novak a walkover

• Wow
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hamstring may give Novak a walkover
It’s that bad? He’d basically got a walkover in the semi in Paris too. Bloke must have sold his soul to the devil several years back, he’s gaining such easy passage…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s that bad? He’d basically got a walkover in the semi in Paris too. Bloke must have sold his soul to the devil several years back, he’s gaining such easy passage…
I'm just speculating..Ben and his Dad knows he has zero chance to be competitive if he isn't 100 percent by tomorrow

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Short of Novak getting injured mid-match, I can’t imagine a scenario in which this ends in any manner other than Novak in straight sets. Playing Tiafoe was one thing; playing Novak Djokovic is a whole different problem.

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope that Ben Shelton goes out and enjoys himself and swings freely as he has nothing to lose. This is a great learning curve for Ben making a GS SF at 20 years of age.
Novak to win in straight sets.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Upsides for Ben, if he's reasonably healthy is that they've never met, and he's a lefty, so it may take a minute for Novak to get the hang of him. Plus, as everyone says, he's a kid playing with house money, so he may as well swing away. He's got a big serve, but Novak has a big return game. I'd love to see him take a set, but that's got to be best-case.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm just speculating..Ben and his Dad knows he has zero chance to be competitive if he isn't 100 percent by tomorrow
I hope he’s faking the injury like - well, you know who. It’s a terrible thing to trivialise injury when there are great players who were actually affected by injuries, but it would be nice if Novak got a dose of his own medicine…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Upsides for Ben, if he's reasonably healthy is that they've never met, and he's a lefty, so it may take a minute for Novak to get the hang of him. Plus, as everyone says, he's a kid playing with house money, so he may as well swing away. He's got a big serve, but Novak has a big return game. I'd love to see him take a set, but that's got to be best-case.
Good post...as for if Ben is reasonablely healthy, playing against Novak no pun intended is like the COVID 19 virus in a body .. Novak's game will find the most vulnerable area of Ben's hamstring muscle area and attack it like the aggressive virus it is.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good post...as for if Ben is reasonablely healthy, playing against Novak no pun intended is like the COVID 19 virus in a body .. Novak's game will find the most vulnerable area of Ben's hamstring muscle area and attack it like the aggressive virus it is.
The other half of my post would have been: Upside for Novak = everything else.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I like Ben. Really like his potential. If he’s healthy I think he will have some surprises for us. Still, I need to see more consistency and focus from him.

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Shelton plays at 10% of his power he will be able to win. :rose: