• Norrie in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
It was the British fans , they wanted Norrie to win
It's amazing how he always plays the victim when people boo him. People are free to boo or cheer... The RG crowd have been much worse with Rafa in the past. Yet Rafa just ignored them :shushing-face:

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's amazing how he always plays the victim when people boo him. People are free to boo or cheer... The RG crowd have been much worse with Rafa in the past. Yet Rafa just ignored them :shushing-face:
Rafa took the 'high road' at RG when the crowd was against him, it worked out well, because they have soo much respect for him now, I have been their live to witness it.

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Rafa took the 'high road' at RG when the crowd was against him, it worked out well, because they have soo much respect for him now, I have been their live to witness it.
A few times they took it way to far. I agree Rafa made the right choice, it's nice the respect they show these days. That's Great! Did you see Rafa play a final there?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A few times they took it way to far. I agree Rafa made the right choice, it's nice the respect they show these days. That's Great! Did you see Rafa play a final there?
Many times, my favorite was 2008....Rafa took his clay game to another level in that tournament went undefeated, I just sat there in awe! he was simply untouchable.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I never understand players complaining about the crowds. There are two players on the court that are gonna both get love and hate. Sometimes it isn’t even. You play a sport for the most part crowd participation isn’t ridiculously bad. It has been few and far between in which I have seen absolutely heinous crowd behavior where players actually have a point.

Reactions: TheSicilian

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I never understand players complaining about the crowds. There are two players on the court that are gonna both get love and hate. Sometimes it isn’t even. You play a sport for the most part crowd participation isn’t ridiculously bad. It has been few and far between in which I have seen absolutely heinous crowd behavior where players actually have a point.
A tennis player has to be able to 'block out the crowds' in any type of situation, if you let the crowd in, that can be at your own demise.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Totally agree with this. Sometimes the crowd will even switch from the favorite to the underdog, just to keep things going. (Classic example: FO 2004 final, crowd tried to bolster Gaudio who was losing badly, he let it buoy him, and Coria let it destroy him.) Djokovic wants it both ways. He wants the love, but when he's not getting it, he lets the crowd know his displeasure, as he did today, by engaging a fan, and blowing the fake kiss at the end. He KNEW they weren't going to be on his side today. Why make it worse for yourself come Sunday?