Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norrie in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Totally agree with this. Sometimes the crowd will even switch from the favorite to the underdog, just to keep things going. (Classic example: FO 2004 final, crowd tried to bolster Gaudio who was losing badly, he let it buoy him, and Coria let it destroy him.) Djokovic wants it both ways. He wants the love, but when he's not getting it, he lets the crowd know his displeasure, as he did today, by engaging a fan, and blowing the fake kiss at the end. He KNEW they weren't going to be on his side today. Why make it worse for yourself come Sunday?
I always hate when he does his gesture of sending love to the crowd from his chest. Like it seems not so genuine at all!

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Totally agree with this. Sometimes the crowd will even switch from the favorite to the underdog, just to keep things going. (Classic example: FO 2004 final, crowd tried to bolster Gaudio who was losing badly, he let it buoy him, and Coria let it destroy him.) Djokovic wants it both ways. He wants the love, but when he's not getting it, he lets the crowd know his displeasure, as he did today, by engaging a fan, and blowing the fake kiss at the end. He KNEW they weren't going to be on his side today. Why make it worse for yourself come Sunday?
He’s playing Nick Kyrgios who’s motto seems to be anything bad you can do, I can be badder. I’m sure the crowd will be a giant boofest because they both are meh.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Did anyone watch this? What is it about Novak huffing something from his water bottle? Watch at 6:45. Apparently it has been noticed in other media. I'm sure it's one of his homeopathic positions, but...anyone?

• Wow
Reactions: TheSicilian

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He’s playing Nick Kyrgios who’s motto seems to be anything bad you can do, I can be badder. I’m sure the crowd will be a giant boofest because they both are meh.
Surely they're not "meh," of all things. They are both talented, and both polarizing, to different extents. I should think that is anything but "meh." I'd like the match to be epic, but I do rather expect it to be dramatic.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did anyone watch this? What is it about Novak huffing something from his water bottle? Watch at 6:45. Apparently it has been noticed in other media. I'm sure it's one of his homeopathic positions, but...anyone?
Maybe Novak is going to market the magic potion and he cannot talk about it at present

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW is that weirdo guru Pepe still around Novak, he is probably the one giving him 'magic potions'.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
  • Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I don't see how it makes tennis fans look stupid. It does reinforce the notion that he goes in for some unusual methods, though. I don't see why he wouldn't just say what it was, though. Unless Margaret is right and he's about to market it.
He thinks tennis fans believe it's Magic Potions:joker: :thinking-face: I bet we won't find out soon either.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He thinks tennis fans believe it's Magic Potions:joker: :thinking-face: I bet we won't find out soon either.
No, he thinks that people will be satisfied with his answer that it's "Magic Potions," and we'll find out soon. But we won't be, and he won't say. It'll just be one more thing that people find off-putting about him, like his disinclination to be vaccinated. I have no problem if he has some homeopathic thing that he thinks helps him, but then why be mysterious about it?

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
No, he thinks that people will be satisfied with his answer that it's "Magic Potions," and we'll find out soon. But we won't be, and he won't say. It'll just be one more thing that people find off-putting about him, like his disinclination to be vaccinated. I have no problem if he has some homeopathic thing that he thinks helps him, but then why be mysterious about it?
This inhaling energy drink powder is just misdirection to distract from what's really going on. The mysterious nature of it only makes some people suspicious/curios. For me it just gives the impression he is obsessed to win at all costs. But he has a history with being mysterious with methods he uses, "I can't really talk about this or that etc". If you happen to be someone who has experience with one of his methods of improvement maybe it works for you too or you know he is full of Bs... Sometimes athletes find strange/different methods of doing things that create success so they keep doing them, a bit like superstitions we have as fans, we know they don't have really have any affect on the match but at times we can really believe our player only won because we wore a certain shirt or we drank a certain drink during the match etc.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This inhaling energy drink powder is just misdirection to distract from what's really going on. The mysterious nature of it only makes some people suspicious/curios. For me it just gives the impression he is obsessed to win at all costs. But he has a history with being mysterious with methods he uses, "I can't really talk about this or that etc". If you happen to be someone who has experience with one of his methods of improvement maybe it works for you too or you know he is full of Bs... Sometimes athletes find strange/different methods of doing things that create success so they keep doing them, a bit like superstitions we have as fans, we know they don't have really have any affect on the match but at times we can really believe our player only won because we wore a certain shirt or we drank a certain drink during the match etc.
Djokovic now says he can recall playing the AO 2021 with a abdominal tear,

"I drank every pain killer in this world, had every possible therapy and treatment, was hooked up to machines.You will be able to see everything in a documentary that will be released this Autumn.".

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Djokovic now says he can recall playing the AO 2021 with a abdominal tear,

"I drank every pain killer in this world, had every possible therapy and treatment, was hooked up to machines.You will be able to see everything in a documentary that will be released this Autumn.".
Just read the article, thinks it's like the Atp physio article it depends on where the tear is, how deep etc. It's strange he says he tore an oblique muscle on his left side, yet the pictures of the physio treating him during the match show the plaster on his right sideed ad muscles :thinking-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just read the article, thinks it's like the Atp physio article it depends on where the tear is, how deep etc. It's strange he says he tore an oblique muscle on his left side, yet the pictures of the physio treating him during the match show the plaster on his right sideed ad muscles :thinking-face:
Well we will have to tune into that documentary and find out.I have never heard anyone taking pills, hooked up to machines etc to heal a ab tear and I am in the medical profession lol!

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Well we will have to tune into that documentary and find out.I have never heard anyone taking pills, hooked up to machines etc to heal a ab tear and I am in the medical profession lol!
Yes the documentary sounds interesting! Lol maybe Djokovic can come to your hospital to show you these miraculous healing machines:lol6:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer