2022 Wimbledon F: Jabeur vs. Rybakina

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's sad that Pliskova has to watch younger players win trophies that she wish to have..I think her negative mindset is not doing her any favors.
I like her but I agree, she’s lacking in that department. She’s not tough enough, which is a lot to say by somebody like me who’s never come close to her level, but it’s a comparative sport and for her, there’s always someone better..

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Kate is the patron of the All England Club, she always presents the trophies at the womens final also the mens, he didnt have a problem with Kate today at the mens final, I dont know what gives with him at times
She seems like a wonderful woman. The royal family is safe in their hands…

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rybakina is not Russian to start with, if she was, she would not be able to compete at Wimbledon?
Rybakina is from Kazakhstan
That’s right. She changed her citizenship long ago, and not opportunistically just to compete in this years Wimbledon. People are deadnaming her, in effect, but though generally what we hear called “deadnaming” is just good book keeping, in this case it makes no sense…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s right. She changed her citizenship long ago, and not opportunistically just to compete in this years Wimbledon. People are deadnaming her, in effect, but though generally what we hear called “deadnaming” is just good book keeping, in this case it makes no sense…
Elena had a great tournament, deserved her win, I wish people would stop deflecting her win, okay she was born in Russia, still lives there, but she has represented Kazakhstan since 2018,.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to the doubles team of Barboara Krejcikova and Katerina Siniakova (2) defeating E.Mertens/ S.Zhang (1) 62 64

Krejcikova and Siniakova are Grand Slam Double Champions for the 5th time.

AO 2022
RG 2018 2021
Wimbledon 2018, 2022...........the only GS doubles championship they are missing is the up coming USO.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's sad that Pliskova has to watch younger players win trophies that she wish to have..I think her negative mindset is not doing her any favors.
It isn't just her head (which is a big part of this thing). As Kieran mentioned she's lacking in some other departments (movement, point construction, consistent serve, closing). If you want to claim sport's top hardware and beat the best along the way, these are the things you have to master or at least to attempt to.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
William didn't want to hand the trophy to the champion
What makes you say that? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a man present the trophy at Wimbledon, I could be wrong, but Kate also presented it last year…

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tom Cruise was in the royal box instead of Prince William who refused to attend today in case Rybakina won. William didn’t want to hand her the trophy because she’s Russian.
Hey 10sfan Is this true? I didn't vet this for myself and I'm going by what your post is stating. Now I have Kieran and MM wanting to know why I said IF this is true William is a turd

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey 10sfan Is this true? I didn't vet this for myself and I'm going by what your post is stating. Now I have Kieran and MM wanting to know why I said IF this is true William is a turd
So you wrote that without even bothering to check if it’s true?

Reactions: kskate2

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Did you see the Kazakhstan tennis president cheering in the final? He was good entertainment most excited person in the stadium :yahoo:

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kate presented the trophy, I just re watched, yes she did take a few seconds to give the trophy but she was talking congratulating Elena. There was No disrespect or anything bad going on :)
Exactly. It was a rumor that William didn’t want to give the trophy because of Elena’s ties to Russia. Everything happened exactly as it would have happened if two Brits had been in the final.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You’re the poster who posted - the other poster only made a claim, which I haven’t seen any verification for, but you’re the one who went low for no reason.
No and to your cosigner @kskate2 I not the poster who posted..I replied back to the post...if you feel that I went low it's your opinion and obviously kskate feels the same..is this worth all this back and forth..who cares what I say about the Royal ..I know he doesn't

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
No and to your cosigner @kskate2 I not the poster who posted..I replied back to the post...if you feel that I went low it's your opinion and obviously kskate feels the same..is this worth all this back and forth..who cares what I say about the Royal ..I know he doesn't
You’re the poster who posted the “English turd” post. That’s cool, we all post on the heat of the moment, but I was surprised to see you use such a term. Imagine somebody saying “Mexican turd”, “Irish turd”, or “black turd.” That’s why I was wondering why you had to mention that the turd you didn’t like was English.

The information that triggered you was incorrect, by the way…