2022 USO SF: Jabeur vs. Garcia

Who will get to their first USO Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just woke up so see that last of this carnage lol!
Why the hell was Pova with the Ken Doll and Chrissy in commentating she should be home breast feeding?
When did Ons get a first serve, she did do a deal with Serena behind my back?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hahaha. Thanks and told ya! I bet €10 in the end on Jabeur 2-0 and got back €37.50. On fire since yesterday but I'd have been much happier with Garcia winning as I said. Headline is already written in the stars though. Jabeur will win the title now. Not gonna mess up after Wimbledon.

As for poor Garcia, if she can't beat Jabeur in the form she's been in then this will be another example of a dominant h2h to draw meaningful conclusions from going forward. Never beaten now 7-0 including 4 junior matches.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hahaha. Thanks and told ya! I bet €10 in the end on Jabeur 2-0 and got back €37.50. On fire since yesterday but I'd Have been much happier with Garcia winning as I said. Hearne is already written in the stars though. Jabeur will win the title now. Not gonna mess up after Wimbledon.
No comment from me Fronty...I am still getting over the carnage .................

• Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I just woke up so see that last of this carnage lol!
Why the hell was Pova with the Ken Doll and Chrissy in commentating she should be home breast feeding?
When did Ons get a first serve, she did do a deal with Serena behind my back?
She missed a fair # of first serves tonight, but her 2nd was really good and Garcia was woeful on returning them.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She missed a fair # of first serves tonight, but her 2nd was really good and Garcia was woeful on returning them.
Thanks Kskate I had to clean my glasses when I woke up from my nap I could not believe the score line, I should have set my alarm,

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
how many times especially post steffi graf era, we see competitive womens games in the early rounds of the grand slams only to be served fizzers like this when it comes to the business end (QF's SF's and F's) ?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
how many times especially post steffi graf era, we see competitive womens games in the early rounds of the grand slams only to be served fizzers like this when it comes to the business end (QF's SF's and F's) ?
It would be an interesting fact Vince, sniff I still miss Graf

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
No comment from me Fronty...I am still getting over the carnage .................
Believe me I'm disappointed only for making money on it and I prefer Garcia but I saw this coming and glad I cashed out the outright bet on Garcia (unfortunately had a free bet for €10 on another site for her to win and wasn't able to cash that out though so quite a waste) and had the guts and belief to not only back Jabeur to win but in 2.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hahaha. Thanks and told ya! I bet €10 in the end on Jabeur 2-0 and got back €37.50. On fire since yesterday but I'd have been much happier with Garcia winning as I said. Headline is already written in the stars though. Jabeur will win the title now. Not gonna mess up after Wimbledon.

As for poor Garcia, if she can't beat Jabeur in the form she's been in then this will be another example of a dominant h2h to draw meaningful conclusions from going forward. Never beaten now 7-0 including 4 junior matches.
I agree, she was mad w/ that runner-up trophy on the grass. When I saw the draw, the winner was always coming out of the this side. I thought she would play Coco in the SF and win that, but oh well the end result is the same.

Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree, she was mad w/ that runner-up trophy on the grass. When I saw the draw, the winner was always coming out of the this side. I thought she would play Coco in the SF and win that, but oh well the end result is the same.
Hands down if Jabeur had lost before today then Garcia would have won. Hopefully she doesn't get too down on herself and brings good form to the AO but it's a tough loss as this was a massive opportunity.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will be very interested to hear what Garcia says in her press conference.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW never forget, the Tignor curse is not a myth! :D My mind was made up hours before his pick but him picking Garcia just solidified my choice of Jabeur to win. The guy is terrible.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't find it completely shocking that this was a bridge too far for Garcia. Everyone indulges in recency bias, and imagines someone doing well to keep doing well. I surely thought it would be closer, but Caroline has nothing like Ons' experience at these heights. It does matter if you've never been there before.