Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foe in 5 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz is mature beyond his years, apart from being a great player at age 19, tennis is in good hands
Alcaraz not thinking about being No 1, just happy he has reached final, happy in this moment.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yep. Foe came up just a bit short in the decider. Great match between 2 new stars... :yahoo:
He played beyond expectations,I think thisis great for his confidence.The Open has been $$$ for him.He is going home with $750k..

Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sweet.

Now when was the last time #1 was on the line at a GS final? And I'm pretty sure #1 AND first Slam title was never a thing.
we don't know. Do you know the answer?

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ahh, Carlos is such a sweetie pie! (I say this in a platonic way)

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well I think it is tough as how often do you get a chance at a slam and not have to face Rafa or Djokovic to do it. It’s a prime opportunity.
There'll be other opportunities for the american. DJOKOVIC and NADAL are ageing and will not be around the tour forever.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Part of the answer is if slams choose to not award points it sends a lot of things into chaos. Wimbledon did a lot of damage this year.
YES Wimbledon was a Disgrace this year. I agree. Another thing I didn't even bother to watch the mens final as KYRGIOS and DJOKOVIC are my least favourite competitors.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sweet.

Now when was the last time #1 was on the line at a GS final? And I'm pretty sure #1 AND first Slam title was never a thing.
I was thinking the same. I remember in 2016 when Murray and Djokovic played the final of the YEC for the #1. But winner gets first Major title AND #1? Maybe someone can find that one, but this will be amazing. Oy, the pressure!

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
YES Wimbledon was a Disgrace this year. I agree. Another thing I didn't even bother to watch the mens final as KYRGIOS and DJOKOVIC are my least favourite competitors.
Well Kyrgios, Sinner, Alcaraz, Norrie would have probably been seeded differently here among other things as their rankings would probably have seen a benefit.

Reactions: Vince Evert

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
There'll be other opportunities for the american. DJOKOVIC and NADAL are ageing and will not be around the tour forever.
I see his point. Zed, Tits, Med all out or exited early as well as some of the other top 10. It was a prime opportunity and he did defeat the all slam holder. It gave him a lot of confidence and many celebs came to support him tonight. He feels like he let them down.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He played beyond expectations,I think thisis great for his confidence.The Open has been $$$ for him.He is going home with $750k..
And he says he'll come back and win it another day. I think he will.

Reactions: tossip

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see his point. Zed, Tits, Med all out or exited early as well as some of the other top 10. It was a prime opportunity and he did defeat the all slam holder. It gave him a lot of confidence and many celebs came to support him tonight. He feels like he let them down.
I truly hope he doesn't feel he let anyone down. He played great, and he'll get this one someday, I do feel.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tiafoe has a good allround game that looks suited to Flushing meadows and also Melbourne Park. He'll recover from this and perform just as well next year, surely?

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tiafoe has a good allround game that looks suited to Flushing meadows and also Melbourne Park. He'll recover from this and perform just as well next year, surely?
He really played the best tennis of his career this fortnight, I think. He's put in the work, not just to get better but also to make better shot selection, to be more patient, to have belief late in matches. It paid off to the SFs here and no reason it won't keep paying off. He's always been really strong, fit and powerful, but now he's added real dimensions to his game, esp. mentally. I think he ready to keep forcing himself on the top players.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Could all the hype had gotten to Frances that perhaps brought on the emotions? You know about becoming the first black men's american since Arthur ASHE 50 years ago to win the open and the first since Andy RODDICK's run to the semifinal since 2006?