2022 Grass season preview

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Other than Nadal himself, the biggest problem for Djokovic is FAA. Second will probably be Hurkacz and then Opelka, like you say, Moxie.

It is just disappointing that we are not able to see Medvedev play at Wimbledon because he has the game to do well at grass (just unlucky that his match against Hurkacz last year became a two day match.
Moxie you like his post which basically repeated what a posted hours ago, SMH2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It seems we're all wondering who the potential problems are for Rafa, but Djokovic will be favorite...who are potential problems for him? Same ones? Opelka is a good shout-out as a troublemaker.
I know Novak will not be doing a pre grass tournament, I thought he might, seeing he lost in the q/f at RG.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak can fall out of bed and make it to qtrs of Wimbledon.
You keep saying this, but it may no longer be true. He is demonstrating the fragility that comes with age, and also lack of match play. And pressure. He's been much more 2-on/1-off than he used to be.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You keep saying this, but it may no longer be true. He is demonstrating the fragility that comes with age, and also lack of match play. And pressure. He's been much more 2-on/1-off than he used to be.
Show me where it ain't true. He lost
Look at these numbers. Tell me who played better than him since he returned from his delayed season start..

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Show me where it ain't true. He lost

Look at these numbers. Tell me who played better than him since he returned from his delayed season start..

Since Monte Carlo, there are two players that probably have played better than him since his delayed start:

1. Carlos Alcaraz
2. Rafael Nadal (Yes, Nadal missed of the Clay season but he still beat Djokovic at RG)

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will say this: Novak Djokovic is the still the heavy favorite at Wimbledon as he is the 3-time defending champion. However, just like Nadal faced pressure on winning Roland Garros, Djokovic will feel a lot of pressure going into Wimbledon probably more than ever for three reasons:

1. Catching Nadal in the slam title
2. Knowing that there’s a possibility that Wimbledon will be his last Slam until 2023 Roland Garros due to his vaccination stance
3. He is 35 years old and he is human

If Djokovic doesn’t win Wimbledon this year, there’s a good chance he will be stuck at 20 slams going into 2023 RG at age 36.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will say this: Novak Djokovic is the still the heavy favorite at Wimbledon as he is the 3-time defending champion. However, just like Nadal faced pressure on winning Roland Garros, Djokovic will feel a lot of pressure going into Wimbledon probably more than ever for three reasons:

1. Catching Nadal in the slam title
2. Knowing that there’s a possibility that Wimbledon will be his last Slam until 2023 Roland Garros due to his vaccination stance
3. He is 35 years old and he is human

If Djokovic doesn’t win Wimbledon this year, there’s a good chance he will be stuck at 20 slams going into 2023 RG at age 36.
I also agree he has a lot of pressure to win at Wimbledon. He doesn't have a lot of match play, and he has just the one Rome title. Didn't even manage Belgrade.

He doesn't often play a grass tune-up, but I wonder if he will. He probably could use the reps.

And this video about "pressure" is just because who WOULDN'T want to watch it?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not going to search for updates on Rafa's status. When Rafa begins to practice or makes plans to go to England, Miss Margaret @MargaretMcAleer will know let us know. I'm too wrapped up in this NBA championship finals The Warriors aka da Dubs vs Celtics. Go Dubs

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not going to search for updates on Rafa's status. When Rafa begins to practice or makes plans to go to England, Miss Margaret @MargaretMcAleer will know let us know. I'm too wrapped up in this NBA championship finals The Warriors aka da Dubs vs Celtics. Go Dubs
Will you admit to being a wee bit nervous up to the middle of the third quarter? :D

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Will you admit to being a wee bit nervous up to the middle of the third quarter? :D
Hell yeah. Draymond is like having a nuclear bomb at near an active volcanoes. He hasn't learned his lesson yet from the way LeBron teabagged him in the 2016 final when da Dubs were up 3-1 and he got a technical foul and was suspended for game 5 because he has accumulated over 16 Techs fouls during that playoff LeBron was smarter than him and knew he could bait Draymond again. Draymond isn't the basketball servant he thinks he is. He single handed the title to the Cavs.

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What about Bublik as a floater, he hates the clay, though grass is his favorite surface,?

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The time is now for Felix, this grasscourt season. He has the natural gifts and touch for a great run at Wimbledon. No more “moral victories” or “encouraging losses” like he’s had so far this year with Medvedev, Djokovic or Rafa. Getting close doesn’t cut it.

Felix, the examples of the Crown Princes Tsitsipas and Zverev should be a warning to you, tennis shelf life is fleeting.

Is this finally the time for the cocoon to spring out the Felix butterfly? ( But tennis gods just keep him out of Rafa’s qtr, LOL)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bublik is playing Stuggart tournament so I will be interested to see how he goes
Another player is Nick K, he loves the grass.,Nick K and Bulbik won their doubles match

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My Lord the grass at Nottingham looks heavenly!! ( I think that is WTA tournament so not much chances of getting ripped to shreds by serve and volley players)

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Although Novak is in a great position to win another Wimbledon, he still has to earn it. His last 2 matches when he had to step up (USO 21 final, RG 22 QF) he failed and it will be interesting to see how he copes with pressure again now that his chances of participating slams are very limited.

I can already see some anger and smashed rackets coming from him when things turn south and I feel it will be a bumpy road this year. Sometimes when it looks too easy it turns out to be pretty hard. So let's see how it's going to be.