• Djokovic in five sets

• Thiem in three sets

• Thiem in four sets

• Thiem in five sets

Results are only viewable after voting.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic leads the H2H match-up 6-4 but Thiem won their most recent match-up in the World Tour Final round-robin. In addition, Thiem leads 2-1 H2H (all in the FO) in Slam meetings.

Djokovic is 7-0 in Australian Open finals

Quick Note: If Djokovic wins, he will take back the number 1 ranking on Monday. On the other hand, if Thiem wins, he will reach a career high ranking of 3 in the world overtaking Federer.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’m rooting for Thiem! It’s time to shake it up a bit. I think a Thiem win makes for a more compelling French Open given he has had most of his success there. It’s a tough ask, but I am hopeful for him.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
While I do think Djokovic is the clear favorite, there is some type of pressure for him to win the title. If he wins the title, he will just be 3 behind Federer and 2 behind Nadal in the slam count "race." However, if he does not win the title, he will stay at 16 slams going into the French Open. Just like Nadal had to win the US Open, Djokovic has to win the AO to keep pace in the slam count.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Overall, I really like Thiem’s game his glaring weakness is consistency on serve, but his ground game is definitely on par with the Big 3. If there is something he can do better aside from serve consistency, I would say mixing his game up more. He has relatively good net instincts aside from doing Djoker imitations from time to time. He really is looking for that one-two punch when he shouldn’t at times.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Not necessary to say who I’m rooting for.
I would say Novak in 4, hope he shows this slick bastard who the better player is.
Beside that , big stake for Novak! At YEC everything went against him, he played below average. Lost Number 1....
Now he is one win away from getting number 17 and his no 1 spot back that soon! More than I could imagine at the beginning of the tournament.
Idemo!!

Reactions: Denis

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tennis deserves a male gay champion.I am not calling out anyone by the way.Its about time for a gay male player to win slams.
I am not outing anyone ..women tennis had Mauresmo..which of these boys is going to come out first.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole in 4 but I'll root for Dominator, I'ld like to see a new winner down under

Reactions: 10isfan

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Not necessary to say who I’m rooting for.
I would say Novak in 4, hope he shows this slick bastard who the better player is.
Beside that , big stake for Novak! At YEC everything went against him, he played below average. Lost Number 1....
Now he is one win away from getting number 17 and his no 1 spot back that soon! More than I could imagine at the beginning of the tournament.
Idemo!!

I’m confused why is Thiem a slick bastard? I am just wondering if he has said or done anything to warrant it. From what I have seen, he is a good, hardworking, and humble guy.

Reactions: 10isfan

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m confused why is Thiem a slick bastard? I am just wondering if he has said or done anything to warrant it. From what I have seen, he is a good, hardworking, and humble guy.
Bonaca's in love with Kristina..jealous of Dominator (slick bastard)

Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Do not worry. My subjective personal impression. Saw him a few times live in his early years , just a not very intelligent, arrogant German peasant.

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nole is winning this..Thiem will be a bridesmaid again.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I think Thiem has a shot. Power changes everything. He is not unlike Stan. If Thiem is consistent in his groundies, his power will bother anyone, including Nole. It may sound funny to say it is on Thiems racket but just like when you play Stan and if you meet Stanimal instead and you don't have much to do against that, if Thiem can sustain power, he can beat the best. I want an epic 5 setter. May the best player win .

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well among my hopes in the wish list for 2020 thread was for Novak to win a Major, Theim to win a Major and Theim to reach a nonclay Major final.

Its hopefully going to be an epic battle in the finsls.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I go with Djokovic in 4 sets. It could be close.

Reactions: Denis

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'll go with Thiem cos I think he's in Djokovic's head like Stanimal. He can't handle the power if Thiem plays well. Seems like a man on a mission all tournament. A lot will hang on how well both serve too, obviously enough.

Reactions: britbox

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Thiem is healthy he should win, but is he 100%? It seems he’s struggling with a foot or something. I am not sure as I have only been able to watch some highlights because many of the matches are in my sleeping hours. :negative:

Reactions: Andy22