Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Zverev in 5

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Zverev's game is more suited for hard courts, but Thiem will steal a page from Nadal's play book in win it out of sheer determination (and some tight play from Zverev at key moments).

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am leaning towards Thiem however he needs the first set in my opinion. He will be fine physically but mentally he will definitely will feel the effects of the last match.

As for Zverev, he is playing calm, mature and professional tennis right now. What I mean is that even if he is not playing well, he just go back straight to business. Now will it be enough to beat Thiem, I am not sure but I would not be surprised if he wins the match. At the very least, he looks fresh both mentally and physically so he will be ready.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I also want to add that Thiem has to serve better and return better against Zverev and possibly Djokovic. Credit to him for dictating the rallies against Nadal but he won't have that success against Djokovic (or maybe Zverev) if he does not serve very well.

As for his return of serve, he has to do better against Zverev. I thought Nadal did not serve particularly well but Thiem let him off the hook in some of those service games. If Zverev can continue to serve efficiently and well, then Thiem will have a hard time to find rhythm in the baseline rallies.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hoping for Thiem! He has to continue to dictate and be consistent. He certainly should go into this semi with confidence taking down Nadal. Sooner or later a slam has to go his way.

Reactions: 10isfan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So interesting, since both will want it. Sasha with so much to prove, but Dominic with the credentials. Zverev probably more rested, but Dominic with the big scalp. I'll go Dominic in 4.

Reactions: 10isfan

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tricky to predict. Thiem will likely be favourite going in... but I'll take a punt on Zverev in 4. If it goes to a fifth then I think Thiem wins.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Hoping for Thiem to win this so we get a good final. I doubt zverev will do much if he has to play Djokovic.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I have not seen a single minute of Sasha's play at this AO. So, just like our senators, I am fully qualified to judge who will win this match without any evidence.
I go with Thiem in four.

I think this is the first time Sasha has reached SF of a GS. So, this is a rarefied atmosphere for him. On the other hand, Thiem has even been to finals and that too multiple times.

Also, Thiem leads in overall H2H by 6-2 and on hardcourts by 2-1.

I picked Rublev to beat Sasha and it did not happen. Then, I picked Stan to beat Sasha and that too did not happen. May be third time is the charm. :facepalm::crossed-fingers:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now I can say this again without risk of being accused of self-interest, but I still think it's stupid that the AO continues to schedule 2 women's semis and 1 of the men's on one day, and then 1 men's singles semi on the next. At least this year the two guys playing today are the youngest ones left, but the winner will still have one less day of rest than the other finalist, in this case Djokovic. What would have been the harm in putting off the 1st men's semi for one more day, in order to give them a more level playing field for the final? In fact, it might have benefitted Roger to have the extra day of rest. It's one thing I really disagree with in the AO's scheduling.

Last edited:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
thiem should hit zverev off the court tonight but still the winner going to lose in the final anyway.

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev breaks to start. They’re saying chance of rain later, huh