Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Federer in 5

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
With what i have seen from both so far: Novak in 3 or 4.

If suddenly the Roger from Wimbledon last year or YEC comes around, a 5 set drama is easy possible.

I am really looking forward to that match. Also for Nadal-Thiem, should be a good one!

Reactions: Andy22

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic in 3. Djokovic looks impressive. I hope it won’t be a demolition.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Because they are both arrogant as soon as things go wrong, I don’t like them... We saw it again yesterday with Federer and don’t get me started on Djokovic. Nadal is a class act. Also their matches are kind of boring, not in terms of drama/importance but in terms of tennis. If you have any other questions let me know! :bye:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Because they are both arrogant as soon as things go wrong, I don’t like them... We saw it again yesterday with Federer and don’t get me started on Djokovic. Nadal is a class act. Also their matches are kind of boring, not in terms of drama/importance but in terms of tennis. If you have any questions let me know! :bye:
OK. I have another question. Are you saying that Djokovic vs Federer matches produce a lower quality of tennis than when Nadal is playing either of them?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK. I have another question. Are you saying that Djokovic vs Federer matches produce a lower quality of tennis than when Nadal is playing either of them?

For me the 2019 USO final was 10 times more fun to watch in terms of quality of tennis than the 2019 Wimbledon final. It had some amazing rallies and tons of variety. Meanwhile Federer relies too much on his serve and ending points quickly while Djokovic is just boring cause his groundstrokes are too technical/monotone. He’s like a boring hitting ball machine.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Joker in 3 sets, Fed seem lost. Maybe some injury ?! Today vs Raonik he played like in "low gear". Hope he wont have problem with contact lens.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not going to vote on this one and it is not because, I am uncertain of the outcome.

I would not be surprised if Roger announces tomorrow that he is pulling off the semifinals.

You can play against lesser mortals when you are less than 100%, but not against Novak.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rationally, Djokovic should take this in straight sets - the court is set up for him, he's playing well and looks like a well-oiled machine.

Federer's struggled most of the tournament and clearly isn't physically great.

Still, it's Federer... you never know. I'll cling onto the slim hope that he'll pull a great performance out of the hat.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not going to vote on this one and it is not because, I am uncertain of the outcome.

I would not be surprised if Roger announces tomorrow that he is pulling off the semifinals.

You can play against lesser mortals when you are less than 100%, but not against Novak.
Agreed, at Wimbledon Fed was physically fit but this AO shows he is well below par and tbh he doesn’t deserve to be in the semi, or even 4th round. He won’t be playing at Wimbledon level that’s for sure, just hope it won’t be an ugly match. He has been playing C game and that won’t stand a chance against a true great.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rationally, Djokovic should take this in straight sets - the court is set up for him, he's playing well and looks like a well-oiled machine.

Federer's struggled most of the tournament and clearly isn't physically great.

Still, it's Federer... you never know. I'll cling onto the slim hope that he'll pull a great performance out of the hat.
The trend is wrong for him this time, played great first round and went down hill since. Used to be he wasn’t so sharp to start with, then increases his level as the tournament went on...that’s how the champs do it. The way it’s going, Novak drops about 5 games.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic in 4 sets.

Methuselah will pull one set out of his bag to thrill his fans.

At this point, there is no guarantee Meth will be back next year.

I mean you can say that about anyone, but he will be 39 next January....

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
No matter who wins humanity loses. :negative::unsure:
"humanity" means yourself in this case. Classic, even pathetic example of total ego-centrism. Will you ever wake up mate, and understand that your opinion/emotion is nothing but just yours? And that "humanity" is not you?
The fact is that even within a sample of said "humanity" represented by people on this forum, almost all do not share your pathetic opinions. Does such fact mean anything to you?

Reactions: Bonaca

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
I haven't been watching this forum for awhile, but coming up here I'm finding that Fed fans like myself, are getting more and more disappointed with his performance and not giving him lot of chances. A match like this should generate lots of excitement and arguments among fractions but sadly all I can see is tacit agreement that Fed loses decisively. He hasn't won against Joker for many many years and looks like he's going to end his career on that note.
I agree with GSM that given his physical shape ATM, Fed may pull out (because he does not want to embarrass himself with a limping game and possible 3 bagels), rendering this thread useless.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"humanity" means yourself in this case. Classic, even pathetic example of total ego-centrism. Will you ever wake up mate, and understand that your opinion/emotion is nothing but just yours? And that "humanity" is not you?
The fact is that even within a sample of said "humanity" represented by people on this forum, almost all do not share your pathetic opinions. Does such fact mean anything to you?

Facts? Ever since Trump nobody cares about facts anymore, they don’t matter. So yeah it’s what I think that matters most, this is the new era of humanity. :smooch:

Emotion/Opinion > Facts. Stop living in the past. :bye: