28. Benoit Paire
29. Denis Shapovalov
30. Kyle Edmund
31. Laslo Djere
32. Dusan Lajovic
33. Jan-Lennard Struff

b_00_Trophies_112_AELTC_JB.jpg

The Tournament:

The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world, and is considered by many to be the most prestigious.

It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London since 1877. It is one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments, the others being the Australian Open, the French Open and the US Open. Since the Australian Open shifted to hardcourt in 1988, Wimbledon is the only major still played on grass.

It continues to honour many long-standing traditions, including a strict dress code for competitors, the eating of strawberries and cream, and royal patronage. In 2013, Andy Murray became the first British male singles champion since Fred Perry in 1936.

07461416.jpg

gettyimages-991114660.jpg

nadal-wimbledon-2016-withdrawal.jpg

About London:

London is the capital and most populous city of England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom. Standing on the River Thames in the south eastern part of the island of Great Britain it has a population of 8.5 million with a wider metro of nearly 14 million inhabitants.

London is a leading global city, with strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism, and transport all contributing to its prominence. It is one of the world's leading financial centres.

1920px-London_Thames_Sunset_panorama_-_Feb_2008.jpg

Photo: David Iliff

Tower_of_london_from_swissre.jpg

800px-2016-02_City_of_London.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Sounds like Rafa is in Roger's half. But Rafa faces Kyrgios in the 2nd round possibly? Oh wow...

Reactions: herios

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
This draw is super fun (putting aside the eternal "who got the easiest draw" discussions. BTW Federer got a perfect draw IMO. And surely both Nadal and Kyrgios rushed to the practice court as soon as the draw was out. That I won't miss -- if happens)... it will be hard to work next week, dozens of interesting matches.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Draw is out.
The top 8 seed are distributed as follows:
Djokovic - Tsitsipas
Anderson -Zverev
Thiem - Nadal
Federer -Nishikori

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sounds like Rafa is in Roger's half. But Rafa faces Kyrgios in the 2nd round possibly? Oh wow...
Didn't see this thread, just posted on the "Early grass talk".

Fun draw indeed.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal's draw is utterly brutal if it pans out as expected. Kyrgios in the second round, Tsonga/Shapovalov in the third, Cilic in the fourth. Sheesh.

Reactions: Hamidreza Roohian

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
cakewalk draw for faker. Tough draw for Fed. For once , dull has an actual draw instead of a cupcake.

Reactions: Hamidreza Roohian

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Good, hopefully someone rids the tournament of that plague. Time for Roger to step up and win one, main worry until the semi is Coric. Fed has to realize the importance of this tournament and just refuse to lose.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Good, hopefully someone rids the tournament of that plague. Time for Roger to step up and win one, main worry until the semi is Coric. Fed has to realize the importance of this tournament and just refuse to lose.

Agreed. Coric's match is exactly why I think this is perfect draw, as I think an overly easy draw would only make him more vulnerable the moment he gets a tough match. I always had the sense that Federer plays distinctly better when there is a tricky or actually hard matches looming around.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not even sure of Coric's readiness. He had a problem with back in Halle.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are possible R4 matches between the next genners, KK-Zverev and Medvedev-Tsitsipas

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
it will be hard to work next week, dozens of interesting matches.
I have to travel to Manila this sunday for a 4 day seminar and then back to Croatia. I really hope hotel internet will be decent speed so I can stream some matches especially Kyrgios - Nadal, if Nick is able to overcome a ''tired'' Thompson who is currently still sweating in Antalya.

Reactions: mrzz

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It looks like Djokovic has a dream draw. However, his form has been poor of late.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed. Coric's match is exactly why I think this is perfect draw, as I think an overly easy draw would only make him more vulnerable the moment he gets a tough match. I always had the sense that Federer plays distinctly better when there is a tricky or actually hard matches looming around.

I'd normally agree but he is basically 38 and I still think he's played too much. Getting to the SF unscathed, even if it means really easy competition, is ideal. Djokovic and Nadal are still young enough that what you said totally applies to them, they can use a tough opponent before the semis otherwise it is tough to step up at the business end. Roger has to embrace the mentality of this situation, most important tournament of his career since RG 09?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can Federer be any luckier and Nadal be any unluckier with the seeding and draw? :facepalm: :rolleyes:

But The Nadal will still rise. :good:

Last edited:

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Can Federer be any luckier and Nadal be any unluckier with the seeding and draw? :facepalm: :rolleyes:

But The Nadal will still rise. :good:

dull got all the dangerous floaters. :lulz1:

I hope fatbutt makes the second round. :dance3:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I'd normally agree but he is basically 38 and I still think he's played too much. Getting to the SF unscathed, even if it means really easy competition, is ideal. Djokovic and Nadal are still young enough that what you said totally applies to them, they can use a tough opponent before the semis otherwise it is tough to step up at the business end. Roger has to embrace the mentality of this situation, most important tournament of his career since RG 09?

So I add to my wish a stellar performance against Coric -- resulting in a 90 minutes match, even if I am not in the same page with you regarding how much he played until now. But there is no way around the "38" part. As they say, age is just a number...

...and with numbers there is no arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.