2019 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
New I am not even sure of Coric's readiness. He had a problem with back in Halle.

Yep, but I think he had time enough to get better (unless it was more serious than it seemed).

I have to travel to Manila this sunday for a 4 day seminar and then back to Croatia. I really hope hotel internet will be decent speed

Safe trip! I've been to Southeast Asia recently as well, watched most of RG from there. With good luck you get some TV coverage. My experience with internet (and as a whole) on the region was quite good.

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'd normally agree but he is basically 38 and I still think he's played too much. Getting to the SF unscathed, even if it means really easy competition, is ideal. Djokovic and Nadal are still young enough that what you said totally applies to them, they can use a tough opponent before the semis otherwise it is tough to step up at the business end. Roger has to embrace the mentality of this situation, most important tournament of his career since RG 09?
Darth, every major except RG is the most important one of his career. :D

Reactions: Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
If Kyrgios wins the first round, he is not losing to Rafa. Big stage, still somewhat fresh grass, big enough opponent across the net to actually show up and play. Of course he can also lose 6-1, 6-1,6-1. :)
No way, the Greek will lose in straights. Too important tournament for bull, he will eat him and raise confidence for real opponents. Greek is a joke.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Darth, every major except RG is the most important one of his career. :D

The kingdom is very much on the line now KS. He can't let himself get outdone by that clay tw*t. Can't think of a worse result in all of sports.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
You think he's a fatbutt? There are players w/ larger arses indeed. Like Tiafoe.

Haven't seen Tiafoe's but dull's got a big one. Dull is an MBBS(Member of the big bum society) :D

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
The kingdom is very much on the line now KS. He can't let himself get outdone by that clay tw*t. Can't think of a worse result in all of sports.

Fed can keep winning Wimbledon but if dull can't be stopped at RG even after 14 years then it's inevitable.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed can keep winning Wimbledon but if dull can't be stopped at RG even after 14 years then it's inevitable.

A title here gives Fed a chance to hold off the island bastard. The problem is Fed didn't keep winning Wimbledon. If he'd properly taken care of business here over the years his career wouldn't be under attack right now.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
A title here gives Fed a chance to hold off the island bastard. The problem is Fed didn't keep winning Wimbledon. If he'd properly taken care of business here over the years his career wouldn't be under attack right now.

I hope 21 is enough even for mowgli's unrelenting RG assault. I mean think about it. Fed's got 20 of these which is 6 more than Pete's. It really should be enough whichever way you look at it.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I hope 21 is enough even for mowgli's unrelenting RG assault. I mean think about it. Fed's got 20 of these which is 6 more than Pete's. It really should be enough whichever way you look at it.

That’s what Sampras thought, too.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Whatever Fed ends up with is junk if Nadal finishes with more. In Sampras time the average career for a top guy was barely over 10 years. It's safe to say top guys now will be averaging close to 20 and as time goes by that number will only increase.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Whatever Fed ends up with is junk if Nadal finishes with more. In Sampras time the average career for a top guy was barely over 10 years. It's safe to say top guys now will be averaging close to 20 and as time goes by that number will only increase.

Obviously we don't want fatbutt or faker to break the record but if we're going by the longevity trends then a guy like Shapovalov breaking it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
That’s what Sampras thought, too.

Yes but he broke Emerson's record only by 2. Fed's got 6 that's thrice of Pete. Noone of Pete's era was ahead of him so he can say he was the best of his era. The same can't be said of Fed if either faker or dull break it.

If Fed wins this Wimbledon and another HC slam then it's 4 times the lead which should be more than enough.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Haven't seen Tiafoe's but dull's got a big one. Dull is an MBBS(Member of the big bum society) :D
Here's the newest member :)
upload_2019-6-28_11-14-24.png

upload_2019-6-28_11-23-6.png

upload_2019-6-28_11-30-47.png

Reactions: monfed and Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.