2019 Australian Open, Melbourne - ATP GRAND SLAM

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That means squat! That's why they play the matches because there's always a chance of "an upset!" I think people have heard of that before! Sooner or later time will run out for Roger as it does for any older player! Winning Hopman Cup means nothing IMO! :rolleyes: :whistle: B-)
No, it does mean something. It means his record against top 10 players isn't very good. Darth laid out where he thinks Fed's potholes lie in the draw, and I think he's right, but they are other than Istomin, in all likelihood. But hey, Djokovic went out in the 2nd round a couple of years ago, so anyone can get tripped up early.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Draw seems fair to me. Would have preferred for Djokovic to get Fed over zverev, and would have liked him to have avoided Tsonga and potentially Medvedev, but that’s the nature of the draw.

Won’t be able to watch much unfortunately.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think you need to read 'Dog' backwards. Just kidding, it was a discussion board members were earlier having in the Nadal Fan thread about Nadal being fearful of dogs and the dark.

The dark okay, but how can you be afraid of dogs? They are mans best friend.

Reactions: HSD and DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Roger had his miracle season a while ago! Time has run out and I don't think he'll make this AO SF to defend his title! :whistle: :nono: :rolleyes:

No miracle needed with that game. He just has to man up and want it bad enough to work hard. Hopefully he was humiliated enough the last 8 months with dismal losses to everyone. Come out and reload, these other guys won't keep up.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No miracle needed with that game. He just has to man up and want it bad enough to work hard. Hopefully he was humiliated enough the last 8 months with dismal losses to everyone. Come out and reload, these other guys won't keep up.
His late-stage honeymoon of beating Rafa is over. I hope they meet in the semis.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
His late-stage honeymoon of beating Rafa is over. I hope they meet in the semis.

He's making up for lost time. Took retarded-ass play to lose to that rat off clay all those years. I wouldn't mind them meeting in the semis, time to make 6 in a row.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's making up for lost time. Took retarded-ass play to lose to that rat off clay all those years. I wouldn't mind them meeting in the semis, time to make 6 in a row.
You're on for a beer. If Roger could lose to Anderson at Wimbledon, he hasn't got a shot at Nadal at the AO.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You're on for a beer. If Roger could lose to Anderson at Wimbledon, he hasn't got a shot at Nadal at the AO.

This is a rather static view of things, Moxie - you know tennis players are more dynamic and changing than this. And we've seen Roger and Rafa both come back from the brink of disaster to win Slams. How can we predict anything with these two?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Will be Zverev ok for the AO or he maybe withdrawan because his ankle was given him problems and yesterday after his fall even worse and then the draw will start to change like always happens in all the tournaments?

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a rather static view of things, Moxie - you know tennis players are more dynamic and changing than this. And we've seen Roger and Rafa both come back from the brink of disaster to win Slams. How can we predict anything with these two?
Yeah, but...you knew what I was going to say. How can I not? Chin forward. Shall I pretend that I wasn't hoping for Roger to be drawn on Novak's half? I won't. I would like Rafa to get another shot at Roger. His record against him at the AO is pretty good. However, should Roger fall out before, I won't be sad. :p

Reactions: HSD