• Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
All depends on the roof. I'll wait before making my vote

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The outcome will significantly depend upon the weather and the roof. Hot weather (but not hot enough to close the roof) = Osaka; closed roof (i.e., indoor tournament) = Kvitova.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The outcome will significantly depend upon the weather and the roof. Hot weather (but not hot enough to close the roof) = Osaka; closed roof (i.e., indoor tournament) = Kvitova.

I dont know we saw Osaka defeat Pliskova with the roof closed,granted Petra does have an amazing indoor record.Updated weather forecast there is a change in Melbourne this afternoon,it is extremely windy and hot.They say both the ladies and mens finals which is played early evening will be much cooler.I watched Osaka this morning at practice the temp was 40c.

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm hoping for Osaka to back-up her USO win.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
One year ago Osaka was ranked No 72 in the world.On Saturday she will have the chance to become the No 1 player if she can defeat Kvitova,her other reward winning back to back slams,becoming the first woman to win two straight singles majors since Serena Williams won RG and Wimbledon in 2015.Osaka can hit winners from any position on the court,has a great serve,good mover and defender.

Forget about that comparison. When was the last time that a first time slam winner in WTA also won the next slam?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Please? there is a first time for everything.Nothing more to say on this subject.If you can READ this could be a first for Osaka....I have now put you on my Ignore List.Period.I am sick and tired of your comments towards me as nothing as changed on this site.I am just stating facts,something you fail to see PERIOD.

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Please? there is a first time for everything.Nothing more to say on this subject.If you can READ this could be a first for Osaka....I have now put you on my Ignore List.Period.I am sick and tired of your comments towards me as nothing as changed on this site.I am just stating facts,something you fail to see PERIOD.

I asked you a sincere question as I did not know the answer to it and you are overreacting. :confused::rolleyes:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I asked you a sincere question as I did not know the answer to it and you are overreacting. :confused::rolleyes:

I answered your question,I AM NOT OVERACTING,you have done this to me many times in the past on this site,please dont bother me again or question my posts.Thanks.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I answered your question,I AM NOT OVERACTING,you have done this to me many times in the past on this site,please dont bother me again or question my posts.Thanks.

From your reply it looks like you think it has never been done. But, I just checked up on it and found that Venus Williams won 2000 Wimbledon as her first slam and immediately followed it up with a win at USO in 2000.

p.s. I thought people come to discussion board to discuss. :p

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I NEVER said it has not been done???? I am talking about the Present and the players involved.As I said before DO NOT REPLY TO MY POSTS PERIOD.I am DONE with your Nick Picking with my posts Find Another Poster to Harass OKay.

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I thought it was funny when osaka said something like “sorry for having resting * face” in a post match interview a few years ago, before her major breakthrough. That was the first time I had heard of her lol