Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
really annoying for Juanito, hope he can recover soon
Thomas Johansson's new Goffin's coach by the way

Reactions: Fiero425

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Today we have the final of the Indian Wells challenger between Rublev and Edmund. I guess they will need to change balls every three games there.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Today we have the final of the Indian Wells challenger between Rublev and Edmund. I guess they will need to change balls every three games there.
I want Edmund to win. Come on Edmund!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I was surprised to see Edmund entering in a Challenger with his ranking.
On another hand, it is an ideal preparation for the IW master, considering is the same place.

Horsa

Reactions
I was surprised to see Edmund entering in a Challenger with his ranking.
On another hand, it is an ideal preparation for the IW master, considering is the same place.
Me too. I'm a patriotic Brit so love it when we get a winner as we don't normally get them. I realise that I indulge in wishful thinking rather than being realistic but there's no harm in wishful thinking sometimes. I hope for the best. Good luck to him! The best man will win in the end. I hope so anyway.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

I actually like Edmund but I like Rublev a bit more. Anyway Edmund is surely the favorite, not only better ranked but a more matured player. Both hit the ball very very hard and I really hope I can find some highlights of that later, or even check the live stream if I can.

Horsa

Reactions
I actually like Edmund but I like Rublev a bit more. Anyway Edmund is surely the favorite, not only better ranked but a more matured player. Both hit the ball very very hard and I really hope I can find some highlights of that later, or even check the live stream if I can.
"There may be trouble ahead" then. Well for someone who's not argumentative anyway. I don't like being confrontational as you've probably noticed way before now.

I hope you manage to see the match.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
Over a tennis match? No chance in hell.
Haha! I also thought there were more important things in life than tennis though it is good to watch & takes our minds off the bad stuff that's happening in the world for a bit. :0)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Edmund won 6-3, 6-2. Your guy had a good week though, gained some ground.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Edmund won 6-3, 6-2. Your guy had a good week though, gained some ground.

Yep. Was able to catch most of the match on the ATP site. Edmund was clearly the better player and deserved the W (there is your Brit winning, @Horsa). For the Rublev fans out there, the bad thing is that he still does not have a plan B, and that second serve is a huge liability. I lost count on how many return winners Edmund fired. Still too many errors, but that's Rublev's game. On the flip side, forehand still a monster and the back hand is actually quite better. Just a matter of time for him to come back to his usual ranking (fell due to injury).

Smart preparation for both I guess, as you mentioned already in place, good prize money and 125 points is not that little. Rublev will probably need to go through qualies while Edmund has a bye on R1.

Horsa

Reactions
Yep. Was able to catch most of the match on the ATP site. Edmund was clearly the better player and deserved the W (there is your Brit winning, @Horsa). For the Rublev fans out there, the bad thing is that he still does not have a plan B, and that second serve is a huge liability. I lost count on how many return winners Edmund fired. Still too many errors, but that's Rublev's game. On the flip side, forehand still a monster and the back hand is actually quite better. Just a matter of time for him to come back to his usual ranking (fell due to injury).

Smart preparation for both I guess, as you mentioned already in place, good prize money and 125 points is not that little. Rublev will probably need to go through qualies while Edmund has a bye on R1.
That's nice to hear & makes a nice change. I know I'm patriotic so always want a Brit to win but I always want the best man to win too as I think it's only fair for the best man to win. Commiserations to your favourite, Mrzz. I'm glad you managed to watch.

Last edited:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else, but I just noticed that when Kei Nishikori won Brisbane in January, it was after a streak of nine losses in ATP finals appearances, including three Masters. Brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.